And their six inch rockets

Homewrecker

I had spent the weekend thinking, which was dangerous.

I also went out and bought some black hair dye. I wanted my hair to match my mood. Plus, I couldn’t be bothered keeping up with the regrowth and colouring anymore. I just wanted to blend it, to look like everyone else for a while, and not stick out like a sore thumb.

“Sorry,” I mumbled as I bumped into someone on my way to the copier.

Oh no. I knew that smell, that cologne.

“It’s fine,” said Joon stiffly, not even looking at me when I glanced at him in shock. I watched him walk quickly away, him not turning back to me to grant me a look.

I photocopied what I needed and scurried back to my desk, mortified and trying not to cry.

“Hey Taeminnie,” said Onew as he walked to my desk to pick up the copies. “You look upset.”

I took a deep shaky breath, smiling fakily.

“I’m fine,” I breathed, my voice so disgusting falsely happy I nearly cringed my self. “I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? You look like you’re gonna cry,” he asked, my cheek.

I laughed shakily, scrubbing my cheeks self consciously. ‘I won’t,” I said wobbily. “I won’t.”

Wow. Onew was bold. Touching at work?

“Cheer up baby,” he said. “I miss your smile.”

At that my fake smile fell off my lips. He knew it was fake, so why bother anyway?

“Yeah, I’ll try,” I said morosely.

“I know,” he whispered, smoothing my hair and kissing my forehead through my fringe. “I’ll try, too.”

I looked at his retreating back in confusion. What did that mean? I didn’t ponder on it too long though. I had to collect the mail and deliver it to all the right people.

 

It was lunchtime before I could sit down again. It was days like these I hated my job. After running around the office delivering mail to the appropriate people, I had to run to the post office to pick up packages for Onew. Then I had to run back to the office to start making tea and coffees for morning tea, only to see that we were running out of milk and I had to run to the convenience store to buy some more. Then I lost my keys and ID card to get into the building, and nearly had a breakdown while running to the convenience store to try see if it was still there, and turned out I had set it on the counter while paying for milk and the store person had been nice enough to look after it for me. But by the time I had run back, it was already past morning tea and I had been late serving. While Onew hadn’t mentioned it, a manager had yelled at me about it, saying how it was the easiest of tasks, why couldn’t I manage it? I wanted to shake her, scream at her for getting angry over such a stupid little matter like getting her tea at 10:30 am, and that there were worse things in the world, and was she really that burdened at getting her ing tea a few minutes late?

But I couldn’t, because it had been my fault. And I needed to keep my job.

I didn’t feel like getting lunch at the cafeteria today. All the girls would be gossiping, and ask me what was wrong, and then I’d have to make up a lie. I didn’t want to be the quiet depressed one in the group that everyone whispered about what might have happened to me when I left either.

I unwrapped my kimbab that I had bought on my way to work on the morning exactly for this, and every chew aggravated my cheek that Joon had slapped, and reminded me of the toothache that had drawn us together. It had been fate, and I had been so grateful to  God that he had put us together after I had nearly given up on Joon.

Stupid Joon.

“Ahem, ahem!” the loudspeaker crackled.

I frowned. Normally the loudspeaker only played music, or when the chief did his morning announcements. This was a weird time to announce something.

“Hello. I am Lee Jinki, or Onew as the ones who have met me know. I haven’t been here for long, but I am enjoying my time very much.”

I sipped on my water, perplexed. Onew? What was this about?

“Since I haven’t met a lot of you yet, I thought I would introduce myself and maybe tell you a few special things about me. One of them is that I like to sing.”

If this was an anime you could have drawn a question mark over my head. What was Onew doing?? Did Jung CEO know about this??

“So, I thought I’d sing you a little song to make your lunches a little bit better. And no, I am not drunk,” he said, giving a little chuckle. I heard people chuckling in the room next to me with him, and asking about what was going on.

“Don’t hesitate another minute please take away my heart, yes, the sharper the better, the night that even the moon has closed her eyes,” he started to croon.

Wow. That man could sing. His voice was so… undescribable. It was beautiful, and manly. His voice was amazing. Amazing. I couldn’t help myself from gasping. It was like molten velvet. It was so… y. I could hear other people in the office gasping and wowing in wonderment as well. I had never heard anyone sound so amazing, he was better than any singer I had ever heard. It was some song that I had heard before, a popular idol song. I didn’t follow idols, but I had heard it in stores and such. I couldn’t remember what the words were though.

“If it were any other man, if it were a single verse taken from a comedy, burn all the scars you’ve exchanged for that love,” he sang.

Oh my God. No it couldn’t. It sounded like he was singing about me. But there was no way he could be singing about me. No. My heart started beating fast and I felt dizzy but didn’t dare hope that this was about me.

“Baby don’t cry tonight, after the darkness passes. Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened. You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known.
 So baby don’t cry, cry my love will protect you,” he sang.

Oh my God. Oh my God. No. No. This really might be about me. I started giggling uncontrollably as my heart started pounding and burning. Everything was burning, my cheeks, my head, my heart, my eyes, I felt like I was going to melt. I had never felt so flattered and loved. I was going crazy! Oh my God. Onew. Onew! That man was amazing! I loved him! He was crazy and nice and he had to be mine, had to be mine!

I had a little fit in my chair, silently screaming and kicking my long skinny legs. I couldn’t believe it.

“Exchanging only our separate fates that lead to one another, as inevitable as it seemed that we’d miss, I know we loved just as much. When you smile, sun shines, a brilliance you can’t fit into a framework of language-“

I started fanning myself at the smile part, making mini screams.

“The waves crash my heart and crumble down oh. Baby don’t cry tonight, a night plagued by violent storms. Baby don’t cry tonight, It’s slightly befitting to let you go at a moment that shines more brilliantly than tears like this. So baby don’t cry, cry, my love will be remembered.

“I hope I made someone smile with this. Thank you for listening, and I hope I made your lunch a little bit brighter.”

 

I could hear everyone start to clap and whoop, and I couldn’t help clapping myself, getting up and racing into Onew’s office.

I stood there, jittering up and down and crazily smiling, waiting for him to come in. He was crazy. He was amazing. I liked him so much, oh my God, it hurt.

He strolled in a few minutes later, smiling at me casually like he hadn’t just outsung every singer in the world in a few seconds.

“Did you like my song?” he said innocently. “I sang it for you.”

I screamed as I hugged him, grabbing him around his waist as he hugged me back.

“Was that really for me? Thank you thank you thank you, you have the most beautiful voice I have ever heard, I loved it, I can’t believe you did that, I love you, oh my God,” I blabbered, being brave and peppering his cheek with kisses. “This is the nicest thing anyone’s done for me!”

I could feel myself getting starry eyed and a teeny bit emotional since I was so happy. Happy couldn’t even describe it. I was ecstatic, elated, over the moon and head over heels in love.

“Hey!” said Onew. “What are you doing? Didn’t you hear what I just sang?  Taemin baby, don’t cry!”

I laughed, high on happiness.

“There’s that smile!”

I blushed, but couldn’t stop smiling, my cheeks hurting.

“Thank you so much hyung, thank you so much!”

“You’re welcome,” he smiled back, and I couldn’t stop smiling even as we started kissing.

 It was perfect.

 I never wanted it to end.

 

A/N

This is a good gif to sort of see how I imagined Taemin to react and how they look like in my fic:

 

Oh my god Taemin. And the caption that I loooved that is perfection that went with it:

 blah blah bla-HELLO THERE Y POT 

I COULD LISTEN TO YOU ALL DAY

……AS YOU ME

OKAY WHAT

Once a boy wrote me page long poems that could have be songs. I screamed with joy even though I didn't like him. tbh I thought he was joking, even though he said he had been thinking about me and wrote it when he was doing his exams. Turns out he wasn't joking with all the lovely lines. I rejected him very meanly, I'm afraid. Sorry not sorry. He was a douchebag (*whispers* and not Taemin). Hahaha jk. I didn't even know Taemin back then! it was before I saw your music video, okay baby?

Anyway.

I also like EXO-M now! Since I can understand and speak Chinese, Baby Don't Cry is my favourite EXO M song :)

Here is an update!!! And it wasn't a two months wait!

 

Did you like it? :D Comment and tell me what you think!