Present for Minhyuk part 2

Goodnite and Sweet Dream.

“Busy?”

He quietly slipped away to his room when his call got picked up, he wasn’t expecting for it to answered, when he pressed her phone number just now it was merely just because of his yearning to hear her voice.

“Hmm…” he smiles at her curt respond, it was obvious she was busy with something, but he also noted the excitement in her voice matching with his.

He leans against the door of his room, holding his breath as if he was waiting for something as he listens affectionately to the sound of some rustling for the other side.

It was awhile of waiting before he heard her distant voice and he has to wait a little longer to actually hear her voices become clearer again, “we’re done for today. I’m just getting ready to go home now.”

“So we can talk?”

There was a pause again, before he heard the rustling sound once more, “hmm… if you don’t mind me packing up my stuff while we talk.”

“Tired?”

He smiles at her asked the question to her, her voice was low, breathless a little, a gentle reminder that just like him she was also busy with her own schedule and her own career.

“A little, the new song is quite exhausting in dancing and now since there’re only 4 of us now and all, so… yeah…”

She hesitates a little before ending her sentence; he doesn't need to ask to know why.

She wasn’t the type of girl that got friendly and easy to approach on the first take, take him as an example.

When they first meet, everyone including himself was a little intimidated by her, while the other two KARA members quickly warm up to him and the rest of Block B members that was there that day, she kept her distance all throughout the lunch date and even during the karaoke, she still kept her guard high

He remembers watching her quietly watching them while sipping that watermelon juice of hers.

It was obvious to him that she wasn’t there because she wanted to, obviously the shocked look she had when she was ushered into the restaurant for the lunch was rather blatant, she was quick in masking it away, but the reason why she went through with the lunch and also the karaoke date was mainly because she was keeping an eye to her dongsaengs; to make sure that they are in good hands, or in other hand that she was there to safeguard them and keeping harms away.

That should’ve offended him, even though they just met, the idea that she doesn't trust them and think that they might do something bad to them should have offended him, it would if it was someone else, he guessed.

But the fact that he has always has this not so secret crush on her and admiration to her through stories that he heard about her through the years of his as idols, her behavior that day didn’t dampen any feeling he has for her instead it actually makes her more attractive to him.

That day, he was seeing her in whole new light, and it was brighter and shinier than the one he has envision her in before.

So attractive to him that he can’t help to kiss her the first time they met.

He smiles warmly at that thought, even though sometime he chided himself for acting like that to a girl, especially to the one that he likes.

He hardly regrets it though; he felt that if not for his action, they might not have been in this situation now.

That kiss that was so special to him, not because of the confused look that she has on her face after the kiss, or the angry pouted one she has before the kiss, it was because of that kiss, she is his now.

“Want me to come over to send you home?”

“Hmmm?”

“I could be there in less than 20 minutes top.”

“And do what? U with ur car, I have my own…”

“I could at least see you.”

Even for just a while, he quietly added…

“Miss me huh?”

“And you aren’t?”

“Like crazy…”

“Me too baby…”

The longing in her voices, it matches well with his own longing, quickly getting up from his bed, he quickly scanned for his car key.

Come what way… he’s going to see her now…

“Though,” the tone in her voice, the way she said that word, it was enough for him to realized that he was caught already, “if my memory doesn't betray me right now, aren’t you supposed to be on your way to the airport already?”

He stops, grimaces, closing his eyes for a second, he retraced his steps back to the bed, sighing while he sat down again.

“Ah…” he paused, wanting to find something just so that he could use as an excuse, though, just like a signal he heard the knocking on the door along with the shout of Jaehyo reminding him to be quick, he quickly cover the speaker on his phone.

Replying to Jaehyo, he waited for the other guy to leave, though not before reminding Minhyuk once more that they need to leave for the airport soon.

After making sure that Jaehyo was truly gone, he focuses his attention back to the phone call…

“Sorry…” he softly mutters…

He heard her chuckles then, “it seems that you are quite busy too.”

“I could just take the next flight.”

As if she would say yes to that, he knows, hence the reason even though he suggested that, he is still lying still on his bed, not wanting to move, even a muscle, waiting for her reply and her soft reprimand to him.

“Just to see me? As much as I want to say yes, I don’t think that is the right thing to do. It’s okay, you don’t have to come here. I can manage on my own.”

“Are you sure?”

He slowly gets up, swinging his long legs to the side of the bed, getting ready to go out as he heard the commotion from the outside is getting louder, the managers hyung must have arrived already.

Another pause, this time he vaguely heard the voice Kara’s leader over the phone, speaking to her, he waited while the two of them seemingly to be discussing about something.

His ears perked up when he heard the familiar rustle now, “yes I’m sure… this is not the first time.”

Minhyuk pouted when he heard that, he wishes he is with her then he can whine to her, but now all he can do is sighs and maybe pout a little more.

He is thankful with the success of Block B now; the fact that they barely sleep because of packed schedules and nonstop events instead of not being able to sleep worrying about what to do tomorrow, is definitely a good thing.

It’s amazing, and he is very happy for that.

But the minute his career started to take off once again, obviously his personal life has to take a back seat.

A back burner; something that he never wanted to happen, but he knows that it is beyond his power to do anything about it, and the fact that even Seungyeon is working hard for her own group meaning they both reluctantly have to put their relationship last on this list now.

He hated that.

She hated that too, he knows that.

And now with KARA’s impending comeback and the start of their Japan tour, and Block B’s tour, he dreaded the day when it comes.

Sighing he lies down on the bed again, forgetting his initial intention of getting out of his room to join the others at the living room, staring at the ceiling, groaning softly to himself, “If you say so, baby.”

‘I’m saying so! Don’t worry about me, just take care of urself. Taeil said u are not feeling well these days.”

“Just lil cough, don’t worry about me.”

“And u don’t worry about me too!”

They both laugh then, asking each other to not worry about each other, whilst they can’t help themselves to worry and fuss at one another still.

Sighing, he run his hand through his hair, “Anyway good luck on the showcase, sorry I can’t be there to cheer for you.”

“Thanks and it’s okay, even though u can’t be there physically. I’ll keep u close in my heart, always.”

“Always.” He echoes her words, like a hidden oath between them, just like how he always kept her close in his heart, reminding himself that all of these that they are doing now, they are doing not just for their group, family or career.

They are doing it for their future together too.

 

-------------------------------------

Chapter two done

Ergh

I really wanna finish this ASAP since obviously I need to write fluff of how Minhyuk and Hammie sneaked away together at mnet or mbc building to celebrate Block B’s winning with HeR.

Any suggestion of what Hammie should prepare for Minhyuk to celebrate the winning?

Or maybe what Minhyuk could have for Hammie?

kekeke

 

anyway back to the story

a lil journey back to the past when hammie and minhyuk first met was included in chapter two

this time it was more not in a subtle way a POV of Minhyuk's thoughts when they first met

those who have read L.O.V.E would have understand

kekeke