Criminals

Attraction to Weirdo's

Edited?
[x] No|[] Yes
 


                The pain in my chest was completely unbearable; it felt like someone was punching me over and over again in the exact same spot. I can almost guarantee that if you looked, you would see a dark purple bruise right where my heart should be. I wasn’t sure if my lungs were still functioning, but I didn’t have the time to care as I processed what had just happened. Or tried to at least. It took the joint efforts of both Youngjae and Daehyun to remove me from the kitchen floor and half carry half drag me into the lounge because I was complete and utter dead weight.

                “Suzy,” came a deep voice, “Suzy look at me.” My eyes didn’t move but I could tell it was Yongguk. He heaved a deep sigh and crouched down to my level so he could look me in the eye. I wasn’t focusing on anything in particular, but when he entered my vision I focused on the deep anger and sorrow in his eyes. “Suzy, she didn’t say your uncle was dead.”  I felt like a log. A broke piece of something that used to be whole. She didn’t have to say it; I just knew it. It seemed that everyone I loved was just up and dying on me.

                Yongguk ran his hand down his face in exhaustion. I’m the one that should be exhausted, not him. ‘Doesn’t matter,’ I tried to tell him, but my tongue felt like led in my mouth and I couldn’t conjure up the breath needed to speak.

                “Suzy he’s missing not dead.” It was HimChan this time, his voice equally as strained and tired as he sat down on the couch beside me. “So will you stop crying now?” He was pleading now as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and brought me into his chest.

                Missing? So he wasn’t dead? “That’s right,” it was Yongguk again, “When he missed his court appointment twice and he wasn’t answering the lawyers calls they checked his hotel room and when they saw the place destroyed they reported him missing.” He stood up and my eyes followed as he began to pace around the room, my brain soaking all this in as sadness became anger. “I have a feeling I know who did this.”

                I bolted out of HimChan’s embrace, “Then call the police you dummy, why are you pacing instead of picking up the phone!?” My hand reached for the phone, but Jongup’s hand gripped my wrist.

                “The police won’t be able to help us,” Youngjae said from the corner of the room. My eyes narrowed. Of course they could help us, they were the freaking police.

                Yongguk stepped around the coffee table to me and pulled out the envelope that was thrown at me a few nights ago. Opening it, he handed the letter to me. It was only a couple of words written in neat handwriting. When I read them, my heart dropped.

                “Hello my dear Suzy. I’ll be waiting for you. Hand the boy’s over to me quietly or I’ll take you instead. The more you disobey, the more I’ll have to take away. Love, The One Who Watches You Always.”

                I wanted to throw up. My hands shook as my eyes stared into Yongguk’s angry ones. “What the hell do we do if we aren’t going to the police?” My voice was getting louder as I went on, my quiet, unbelieving whispers becoming angry shouts. “Because of you idiots they have my uncle! I did nothing and I’m the one getting punished!” I pushed his chest and he stumbled back a couple steps, surprised by my violence.

                “Maybe you should sit---.” Daehyun pleaded, taking two tiny steps forward before I locked my eyes with his. He took note of my intent to kill at this point and shut his mouth.

                “I will not sit and I will not be calm. Now you tell me what this is about or I no longer am willing to provide a roof over your criminal heads.”

                “Noona,” Zelo whispered from across the room, his voice sounded hurt but I didn’t look over to see the sadness on his face. My eyes remained locked with the elders’ dark brown ones.

                “It’s none of your business.”

                I was physically shocked by the words he had the audacity to say. Not my business? Like hell it was my business. “Oh no,” I said, a light laugh escaping me as I waved the letter around, “This is definitely my business. They have my uncle and this – this…” I struggled for the right adjective but I didn’t need one as I threw my hands up in the air. “Explain or pack your stuff and leave.”

                Yongguk’s eyes stayed calm as he watched me walk over to the door way. “It’s complicated.”

                “Try me.”

                “It’s a family business.”

                “So is this but we weren’t kicking back with criminals.” When he didn’t respond, but his eyes narrowed and his fists clenched, I knew I hit the mark. “So, simple gang or mafia? Are they your rivals or something?”

                “Not anymore.” Was his simple response as he looked over to HimChan who was still seated on the couch. They both shared a look, a silent conversation between them that lasted a nanosecond.

                “So they aren’t your rivals or are you---?” Yongguk took two large steps towards me, our chests almost touching. I had to strain my head back to look at him, and when I did I felt like a small animal that was about to be dinner for a much bigger animal.

                “It’s none,” he said quietly as he gripped my shoulder in his large hand, “of your business.” I remembered briefly of the kind Yongguk that came into my room and woke me from the nightmare and held me in his arms until I had stopped crying and fell asleep. I wished he’d come back. “Now if you open your mouth again about this I’ll personally hand you over instead and keep my family safe. As far as I’m concerned you’re just a little brat that’s getting in the way.” With that said, he walked out of the room, his footsteps loud as he ascended the stairs.

                “He didn’t mean that Noona,” Jongup said as he got up to follow his elder.

                “We’ll get your uncle back,” HimChan stated with determination as he too stood up to follow Yongguk, “and we’ll make sure nothing happens to you.” I didn’t realise he was in front of me until he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. When I looked up, he was smiling a sad smile, “I promise you Suzy.” He kissed my forehead and walked out of the room.

                I stood stunned as I swung around and watched his back as went up the stairs, my heart hammering in my chest both from all the craziness that was happening to me, and from the touch of HimChan’s soft lips on my head that sent my head spinning and my stomach constricting in a weird way. I exhaled a breath I didn’t know I was holding and shut my eyes. I really wanted to sleep.

                “How about we bake some muffins? My grandmother had this really great recipe and I know how to do it!” Daehyun said with great excitement as he grabbed hold of my arm, Youngjae taking the other side, Zelo springing up from his spot in joy at the sound of muffins. I was dragged back into the kitchen, Daehyun listing off all the things that we would need to make these muffins as Youngjae and Zelo began the prep. I sighed but decided it would be in my best interest to help out and plaster a smile on my face for now.

                I really wanted to sleep.


Boop. Here's a chapter and stuff okay byeeeeeeeeee~

Apparently she isn't happy with this chapter.
She said she's sorry though.
And might come back and change a few things.
I kissed Suzy did you see!? 

In any case, we all thank you for reading
And we'll see you in the next chapter~!

(The next chapter is a filler though because wow look at all that's happened so far, I mean, Author wow give suzy a break jeez.))
(((No muffins were harmed when Daehyun made them i promise.)))
((((Author is actually lazy okay bye for real thanks for reading.))))