The Broom Stick Delivery and the Weird Ones

Attraction to Weirdo's

Edited?

[] No \ [x] Yes
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                 I have never in my nineteen years of living thought that I would see myself in this situation. A young man, probably in his late twenties was yelling at a woman, most likely his wife, about the fact that the couch was too ‘firm’, and how she needed a job. You see, it had all started this morning. I had just come down the staircase from my private rooms and went to make breakfast for the few guests that had arrived. My uncle owned a bed and breakfast type thing that could hold up to about thirty people, and right now we had about twelve guests. I had been making a huge breakfast for everyone and I was in the middle of cutting up some fruit when the doorbell chimed. Placing down my knife and wiping my hands on a dish towel, I made my way to the large mahogany door and opened it up, smile in place.

                 “Hello, how may I help you?” I asked the couple. The woman was holding a suitcase and a large purse with a small dogs’ head popping out of the opening. I had internally cringed at the thought of her being snobby. She probably talked all posh too. The man standing slightly behind her looked like he didn’t belong. He looked tired and rugged; like he had probably driven for sixteen hours straight without making a single stop. The woman looked over at me and I could tell she was judging my appearance. I had on a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt with my hair tied up in a bun on top of my head. It was hot out and mid-summer so I had an excuse to dress this way.

                 “We would like a room,” the man said to me, fixing the collar of his shirt as he gave me a once over as well, however, I had wished that he had disapproval on his face much as his wife’s had, but I wasn’t so lucky. I nodded my head and put on my brightest smile, inviting them in and guiding them to my uncles’ small office where we check the guests in and out. After much debate of which room the middle aged woman wanted, they chose a large room on the third floor, and after paying their fee for only two nights they made their way upstairs. I happily went back to my work and decided to set the breakfast out on the deck in the backyard so the guests could enjoy the bright morning sunshine. Many were already awake and had helped themselves, happily sitting outside eating, while some had carried it indoors to avoid the sun. With all the guests happy and fed, I went into the front entryway to start cleaning. I had been in the middle of dusting the tables and windowsills in the lounge room when I heard the highest pitched sound I had ever heard.

                 “Oh Miss lady!” The voice called from behind, making me wince at the squeaky tone of it. I turned around and saw the same couple from this morning. “Uh, is everything alright?” I asked, hopefully sounding genuinely concerned. In all honestly, I just wanted to dust and tidy up this place. “We were just upstairs and…” Thus the fight began. It started off with a simple complaint that she couldn’t seem to figure out the door knob on the washroom door, and than the husband went on to call her an uneducated idiot. I think after about three minutes they started arguing with one another and I was completely forgotten. I tried to break into the conversation a few times but they completely disregarded me, and now, here I am, listening to them go on and on. I was about to get in between them again when I heard loud footsteps echo through the lounge.

                 “Is everything alright in here?” Came my uncle’s overly cheerful voice. I thanked the stars above us that he showed up and I happily handed over the couple to him so he could take care of them. I went back to my cleaning, saying hello and chatting to a few of the elderly ladies as they came in to sit and relax. My uncles only other worker, James, came in and helped tidy up the rooms and get all the dishes done. The days here were quite peaceful aside from a couple rude guests here and there, and all the hard maintenance that was required to keep this place running, I was still waiting for that adventure and fun to come in. I had visited Seoul a few times – the motel was only about ten minutes outside of it – and it was beautiful and bustling with activity; everything I’ve been looking for. I’ve applied for university in the city in hopes of getting out and making my own path in life and not have to stay here and take over for my uncle when he no longer can, but still haven’t heard a response. Uncle said that it would take time, but honestly, I feel like I don’t have enough time on my hands, I want to fill up what time I have left with as much stuff as possible.

                 After my parents died, I became bleak and didn’t have the motivation to do anything, it was almost as if they had taken my drive and inspiration with them when they left. I had mourned their passing for so long that I had lost sight of who I was, and I don’t want to forget about my dreams and what I now live for. I became myself again when my uncle came to me and said that I would be living with him in Korea. I had never been on a plane before and it was exhilarating; I knew in that moment as I floated above the clouds that I wanted to go on one again. I was hoping to get a major in geography as well as tourism, and travel the world until I have been to all places and seen everything there was to see on this planet. I was going to make that happen. My parents did it, and so was I.

                 It was around noon when my uncle came into the second floor lounge where I was serving tea to some of the guests. “We’ll be receiving a package soon so I want you by the door to receive it when it comes.” He said before taking my place with the guests. Uncle was always a social person, he really just liked people and hanging around them. He had many friends and I got to witness that first hand when we went into the city. He’s well known and well liked, just like my father, his twin brother had been. You can’t see many resemblances in their appearance, but personality wise they were almost the same person. Both were funny, humble, caring, and smart. The only thing that was different, was that my father got married, my uncle remained unmarried and focused more on his business than falling in love. For a moment, I thought I heard my father and my heart jumped, but when I realized it was only my uncle, I smiled and headed downstairs, swallowing the lump that had formed in my throat. I busied myself with minor tasks before I heard the doorbell ring and loud voices screaming at one another on the other side.

                 “Hello,” I greeted cheerfully, trying not to act surprised by the six males standing before me, “how can I help you?”

                 “Why hello, beautiful,” the one with black spikey hair said to me, “there’s so much I need your help with.” He received a thump on the head from the one with blond hair, covered by a turquoise blue beanie. “Ouchies,” the one with black hair complained, rubbing his head. The two of them started yelling at each other back and forth so I decided to ignore their childish behavior for a moment and looked at the others that were standing there. One was extremely tall; the tallest out of all of them and he had pink hair, which suites him quiet well. He was wearing light blue jeans with a blank t-shirt that made his pale white skin stand out. Than there was the one that had defined muscles that he showed off in his white wife beater and black sweats. He looked as if he had just woken up with his light blond hair all messy, but he had an adorable smile on his face. Next to Mr. Smiley was a dirty blond fellow. His face showed little to no emotion as he stood there dressed in the casual jeans and t-shirt.

                 “We would like a room, please.” Came an extremely deep voice. I looked up to see a man with blond hair and a pink streak through the middle of his bangs. Despite his tough exterior, what with his fashion sense of a tank top, tight black jeans with chains running from belt loop to belt loop and his emotionless face; it was hard not to laugh at the pink in his hair. I puffed out my cheeks, and stepped back, opening the door wider. That shut them up quickly as they all followed down the hall quietly. I led them down the hall and into the office, sitting down in the big leather chair, pen poised above the quest information binder.

                 “We can only fit three per room so you’ll have to split up,” I said as I looked at them all. They all exchanged looks with one another before the deep voiced fellow nodded and looked at me.

                 “Youngjea, Jongup, Zelo,” he said to the beanie wearer, the muscly one, and the super tall one, “you’ll share a room.” Then he turned to the other two remaining, “Daehyun, Himchan, you’ll share with me.” They nodded as their names were called. I looked at the Mr. Booming voice as his eyes locked with mine. “Two rooms,” he said quieter this time as he reached into his back pocket and pulling out his wallet. “Put it under Bang Yongguk, I’ll pay for the month and if we need to stay more, I’ll let you know.” He gave me his bank card as I stared at him quizzically, but changed my expression to a smile as I took the card and swiped it in the card reader. I don’t recall any guests staying for that long since I’ve been here, but I wasn’t going to ask questions, besides it wasn’t my business and paying customer was a paying customer.

                 “Hey Suzy,” I heard James call me from somewhere on the first floor, “the delivery’s here, come sign!” I cursed under my breath and ushered the boys out of the room, locking it behind me. I didn’t know that the life of adventure and fun that I had always wished for was just around the corner, and I didn’t understand just how unprepared I was for it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note~

Haa, finally put up the first chapter. Sorry to the one's who were waiting~

aha, and sorry that this was a short first chapter~ The upcoming ones will be longer, i promise (:

Alright, so if you could ever be so nice to drop a comment and let me know what you think, i would love you forever and ever <3 

Well, until the next update,

Ole~