After Breakfast Questions

Attraction to Weirdo's

Edited?

[] No \ [x] Yes


                I looked across the front hall and sighed in relief. Most of the customers had left this morning and the only ones left were an elderly couple and the six boys. All day yesterday the boys had made it their duty to help me as much as they could. I welcomed the help wholeheartedly, but it was very unnecessary, my uncle on the other hand enjoyed their company greatly and was overjoyed that they wanted to help out around the place.

                HimChan, the second oldest of the six, took it upon himself to compliment and attempt to sway me in every which way. Of course his attempts failed greatly a majority of the time, but I couldn’t help but smile and roll my eyes at him. Zelo and Jongup, the two youngest, love to help me the most and were always wanting appraise for their work which I happily gave to them. The two were extremely sweet and kind, while Youngjae kept me laughing at his silly jokes. Somehow he got it in his thick blond head of his that he was the most hilarious being on the earth and I had the greatest time allowing him to believe that. Daehyun kept mostly to himself but when it came to me being in the kitchen and cooking, he liked to be right up my making suggestions and wanting to taste test the food. Sometimes however, he could get quite annoying because once you got him talking there was no room for you to reply; the man never seemed to breathe when he was giving a long drawled out speech. Then there was Yongguk, probably the one I liked the most for how quiet he was all the time. Despite his scary appearance and the wave of authority that pretty much dripped off of him, he was somewhat sweet and caring for his younger ones. I haven’t seen this sweet side publicly displayed but I knew it was there by the sparkle in his eyes whenever the boys did something correctly.

                They had only been here for three days and already they were a handful to deal with.

                “Suzy,” I heard my uncle call from the back of the house, “com’er a second, I need your help!”

                I blew my bangs up and followed the sound of my elders’ voice. I knew whenever he called for my help it involved hard labour of either cleaning something that would take me all day or carrying something that was more or less three times my weight. I found myself on the back porch, my uncle standing with his hands on his hips looking down at four large boxes on the ground. “What are these?” I asked coming up to stand beside him. He looked over at me briefly before shrugging.

                “Think it’s the new silverware and china I purchased a couple weeks ago.”

                I stared at him. The fact that he didn’t know what it was had me raising my eyebrows at him. Packages don’t just pop out of nowhere. He must have felt my stare because he turned to me and smiled, the wrinkles around his eyes become more pronounced.

                “Well, get these inside to the kitchen and be sure to wash them before placing them in the cupboards.” With that, he his heel and walked around to the side of the house.

                I glared after him before averting my death stare to the boxes I knew would be heavy. I blew my bangs up once more in frustration and tied my long hair in a high ponytail. I silently prayed that at least one of the boys would be awake and come looking for me. Preferably Zelo or Jongup but the only sounds of someone being awake at 8:30 in the morning was the birds chirping in the trees and the elderly couple, Kim Min Kyung and his wife Yun Hee, that were early morning risers. I dismissed the thought of asking them for help because they were probably around ninety gazillion years old, so I was left to tackle these four boxes alone.

                It was a hard struggle filled with several unpleasant grunts and muscle strains, but I was finally down to the last box. I had managed to work up a sweat and wished my cheap uncle would turn the air conditioner on, but alas, he wanted to save the environment and set a good example so I had no choice but to deal with the heat. I squatted down to pick up the remaining box when I heard the sliding door opening and a loud booming voice literally explode my eardrums.

                “Noona,” the voice cried and I knew it was Zelo, “a wonderful good morning to you!”

                I strained a chuckle as I hoisted the box up, obscuring my vision of anything that was in front of me. “Good morning, Zelo.” I could only imagine the bright smile on his face at my reply.

                “Let me get that,” I heard a quiet voice say as the box was removed from my grasp and into the arms of Jongup.  I smiled towards him as a thank you and headed to the door, opening it for him to go through.

                “Just place it in the kitchen with the others, alright?”

                “Got it!” He called in reply as he walked through the house to the kitchen. I followed in behind him, Zelo at my heels.

                “What’s inside?” He asked curiously as I grabbed a knife from the knife block to cut open the tape.

                “Some new stuff for the kitchen,” was my reply as I opened the flaps of the first box, revealing plates and some bowls. “Jongup, fill the sink and warm water please,” I ordered, knowing he would love to help out. I looked over at Zelo, seeing his look of hopefulness. “Why don’t you open the rest of these while I make you some breakfast?” Zelo nodded happily and took the knife from me, making sure to be extra careful. I figured the other four boys were awake so I made a large enough breakfast for all of them. The old couple already ate when they woke up so I wasn’t worried about feeding them until lunch time. After the boxes were all opened, I had Jongup take them from the box and into the sink where he would wash them, and I had Zelo take out the old plates and bowls and place them in the now empty boxes to be put into storage. I was just about done when I heard loud voices coming down the stairs and into the front hallway.

                “Mm, something smells delicious!” A deep, overly confident and flirtatious voice rang and I knew it belonged to no other person than HimChan. He marched into the kitchen, the others trailing in behind him, but soon Daehyun was running up behind me to see was I was cooking on the stove. “And something looks delicious too.” I turned and looked around Daehyun to where HimChan was leaning against the counter, an eyebrow raised towards me, eyeing me up and down. I became aware that I was only in a pair of jean shorts and a tight tank top – the shirt I was wearing was discarded after having carried in the second box. I turned away from him, inching closer in front of Daehyun in hopes that could shield me from his eyes that were undressing me.

                “Keep it in your pants ,” I heard Youngjae mutter from somewhere in the kitchen. Someone snickered and I had to fight to hold in my laugh when HimChan made a weird whining noise.

                After a few more moments and Daehyun constantly telling me when to flip the French toast properly, breakfast was finally finished. Zelo and Jongup happily set the dining table and soon everyone was seated and eating happily. I was stationed at the kitchen sink, washing the pans I had used to make the breakfast. I remembered my mom standing by our old kitchen sink, bubbles up to her elbows. I was probably about seven or eight at the time, and I was seated on the kitchen floor, playing with my favourite doll. My mom was humming a slow tune, scrubbing a plate that had just been coated in a gallon of syrup; just the way I liked my pancakes. “Mommy, what’s that song?” I remember asking her, making her turn her head to look down at me. She had laughed her sweet melodic laugh that always made me smile. “When you get older, I’ll tell you.” She had replied.

                I still don’t know the name and I could never understand why I had to know it when I got older, but I know what it sounded like and I hadn’t realised I was humming it until one of the boys brought it up. “Noona,” it was Jongup. I turned to look at him as he continued with same question I had asked. “What song is that? It sounds beautiful.” He had a bright smile on his face, but I didn’t replicate it.

                “I don’t know sweetheart,” I turned back around but didn’t grab another dish, “my mom used to sing it all the time when I was little.” No one commented on it afters, and a few moments later the boys brought their dirty plates and forks for me to wash. Zelo ended up drying the dishes and HimChan insisted that he put them away, and although I didn’t need their help I accepted their quiet company anyway. I didn’t know how long the boys would be here because they didn’t book an exact date of departure, and now the only thing I could think of was why there were here. My uncle hadn’t asked any questions but something in the back of my head told me that I should worry about their stay.

                “Hey HimChan,” I said as I scrubbed a plate clean and rinsed it, he made some noise of acknowledgement and I continued, “I know it isn’t my place to ask, but I assume you’re staying for a long time, yes?” By the end of my question Zelo and HimChan were both staring at me, Zelo with the drying cloth in one hand, a plate in the other, HimChan was waiting to receive that plate to put away.

                “Yeah,” HimChan replied, staring at me quizzically. Gone was the flirtatious man that would follow me around the house to see how sweaty I could get, replaced with a serious HimChan. “Why?”

                W-well, no one stays in a hotel for more than a month, so --?”

                I didn’t get a chance to finish my question because Himchan shot me a look that sent shivers running down my back. “Suzy,” he said my name quietly and I dropped the dish cloth into the sink, “don’t ask question you don’t want the answer to.” He marched out of the kitchen and down the hallway, his footsteps loud and urgent. I gulped the lump that formed in my throat and looked over at Zelo. His eyes were downcast as he rubbed the plate with the towel slowly, he almost seemed sad about something. I looked back at the doorway, my curiousness rising and I hoped unlike the cat, I wouldn’t die from it.


Authors Note~

Helloooooooo everybooooodyyyyy~!

I know I haven't been here in a while, and i'm sorry for that, but you know... life and all.

OMG THOUGH HIMCHAN AND AND AND PACIFIC TOUR. ONE SHOT WITH HIMCHAN I CRIED D: 

I've been spazzing for days because of his crotch grabs oh my.

I died. alright, enough of my baby being is adorable self.... i can't stop looking *-* Anyway, I hope you liked this update, comment on what you think, and i'll see you in the next update. Hopefully my HimChan feels will be normal by then... maybe not...

Ole~