Huh?

Attraction to Weirdo's

Edited?

[x] No \ [] Yes


                “Nope,” I said, placing my hands on my hips and shaking my head, “put that suitcase down uncle, you aren’t leaving me here by myself.” My uncle had gotten a call this morning saying he was urgently needed all the way in Canada. His reason? I have no clue because he wouldn’t tell me; just that it involved his ex-wife or something.

                “Suzy,” he sighed, running his calloused fingers through his brown hair, “I need to leave so can you remove yourself from in front of the door?” The only reason I wouldn’t let him leave was because I didn’t want to be in this extremely large house by myself. Okay, so I had the six boys but I wouldn’t be able to control them, and take care of the house. Okay so I also had Jamie, but he comes in to help only three times a week; I’ll be so lonely. Since we’re on the topic of the boys and needing to do stuff, I still had to talk to Yongguk about what HimChan said the other day. His message was so cryptic and it had been clawing at the back of mind for the last couple of days now. Although it was none of my business, you couldn’t just say something like that and expect someone to leave it at that. Coming back to reality, I allowed myself to pout.

                “Don’t look at me like that,” my uncle said, his voice strained and face void of every emotion except annoyance. “Now move before I force you to,” He said angrily, picking up his suitcase. There was no hint in playfulness in his voice as he gave me a stern look. I spotted Youngjae and Daehyun exiting the kitchen and they stopped to look at us. I looked away from them and back to my uncle who let out a sigh. “Look, I’ll call you when I get off the plane, how’s that sound?”

                I looked to the nicely polished hardwood floors before sighing. “And you have to call every night,” I said as I shifted out of the way.

                “Not every night, but I’ll call when I can,” he reasoned as he opened the large oak door, “I’ll miss you my little bunny.” He smiled at me and patted my head before walking out the door. I frowned, but waved to him as he got in the car and drove off. My uncle and I had an understanding that we would try to show as little physical likeness for one another as possible. Rarely hugged or even had a heart to heart conversation with each other, but we understood that we would be there for the other and would love them no matter what. I stood by the door and didn’t close it until I could no longer see his car and he was out of sight. I held back the tears, reminding myself that he wasn’t leaving me forever and that he would return. When I turned around I saw Daehyun and Youngjae still standing in the same spot, both holding in their laughter.

                “What?” I questioned as I took a few steps towards them only to be stopped when Youngjae finally burst into a laughing fit.

                “Bunny?” He asked after he had caught his breath. He wiped a tear from under his eye as he let out a few more giggles, “what kind of name is that?”

                I glared at him and stormed past them and into the kitchen. “My uncle calls me that sometimes,” I said as I took out a bowl of fruit from the fridge; this’ll have to do for lunch, “he’s called me that since I can remember.” I heard the two boys come into the kitchen just as I was pouring a gallon of chocolate sauce on my fruit.

                “What an adorable name,” Youngjae said and when I looked up, he had a smile on his face and evil in his eyes, “bunny.” At that I screamed at him and threw the chocolate sauce bottle at him but he caught it and smirked at me. “I am going to have so much fun now,” was all he said before leaving the kitchen. Daehyun had his mask on today, but I could tell he was smiling because his eyes made little crescent moon shapes. He walked towards the counter and took a seat in front of me.

                “You aren’t gonna make fun of me, are you?” I asked, taking a piece of kiwi into my mouth. He shook his head making me smile. “Good,” I said smiling down at my fruit, “someone I won’t have to kill than.” Daehyun made a thumbs up and smiled once more before eating the slice of strawberry cheesecake he had been carrying. I had to admit that even though Daehyun was silent today, he made really good company. He followed me around like a puppy and helped me around the house with the cleaning and even controlling Zelo and Jongup when they thought it was a good idea to jump from the roof of the shed and into the pool. Since my uncle was gone I had to work double time but with the help of Daehyun everything went smoothly.

                Daehyun had wandered off to do something else and I was in the kitchen cutting vegetables to put in the tomato sauce when Yongguk entered. “Where’s Mr. Kim?” He asked, scaring the crap out of me with his booming deep voice, causing me to drop the knife on the cutting board.

                “Uh,” I said staring up at him and pushing my glasses further up my nose, “he had to go on a trip for a while, why?” I watched as his eyes travelled everywhere but me as he walked across the kitchen. His muscles flexed as he shrugged his shoulders and I swallowed.

                “No reason,” he replied as he took a seat on the stool in front of me, “when will he be back?”

                I stared at him in confusion but shrugged my shoulders, picking up the knife to continue cutting. “He didn’t tell me.”

                Yongguk didn’t say anything as he got up from the stool and tuned to leave the kitchen. I let him leave, as I continued to chop away when what HimChan said floated back into the forefront of my mind. “Wait,” I called as I placed the knife down, “I need to ask you something.” Yongguk stopped in the doorway and turned to face me. I gulped. Despite how funny I thought his hair was, he gave off an intimidating aura that made me shake in fear that he might attack me. I mean, he was way taller than me; he could flick me and I would probably go flying across the room. I saw him shrug once more and sit back down in the stool.

                “What’s up?” He asked, his deep voice making me rethink the decision to ask him.

                “HimChan, he---.” I was cut off by the diva himself entering the kitchen.

                “Ah, there you are, Yonggukkie,” he said happily before his eyes flickered to me, his brown eyes sparkling in happiness as he ran around the counter to pull me into a tight and awkward side hug, “and my adorable little Suzy.” I glared at the wall behind Yongguk, huffing as I attempted to pull away from the tall boy. Of course it was no use; he was too strong. “Were you and Yongguk having secret conversations about me?” He pouted as he pulled away just enough to look at me and still be able to hold onto me.

                A loud ringing came from Yongguk’s pocket, making me jump in surprise. HimChan looked to Yongguk and he looked back, both sharing a quick three second conversation before standing and taking his phone out of his back pocket. The ringing didn’t let up and when the tall boy looked at the screen, his face became serious as he turned to walk away. “I need to take this,” was all he said before quickly leaving the room.

                I sighed. I was so close to asking and then this happened. I pushed HimChan’s stomach in an attempt to get him to remove himself from me but he only pulled me in closer and rested his cheek on the top of my head. “My cute little Suzy,” he said as he petted my hair.  I sighed and allowed him to have his moment, besides, his embrace made me warm and fuzzy inside and I could feel his muscles through his thin shirt so I wasn’t about to complain.

                After a few moments of silence, I decided I really needed to get dinner started or else no one would be eating at all. “HimChan,” I asked quietly, making him look down at me, his brown eyes soft and happy, “wanna help me make dinner?” At my question he nodded happily and pulled away, waiting for me to give him a job. 

                HimChan was extremely helpful and he listened to everything I said; just like all the other boys, they always seemed like lost little puppies and it made me smile knowing I had little helpers. HimChan and I made light conversation but for the most part we just worked silently, and soon Zelo and Jongup entered, setting the table and helping me to ice the brownies I had baked for dessert. Spending time like this made me feel less lonely and not once had I thought about missing my uncle. Dinner had about ten minutes before it was ready when Yongguk came storming in.

                “Suzy,” he said in his deep voice, only this time it was much louder and caused me to jump about ten feet in the air. I turned to him and stared at him, instantly terrified by the serious and slightly scary look on his face. Immediately I thought that I had done something to offend him and instantly felt the need to hide under my bed and hope he doesn’t find me. “We need to talk about something,” he said taking a step closer.

                HimChan stopped stirring the spaghetti noodles and turned around just as the other two boys did. “What’s this about?” He asked for me. I sent a silent thank you to him as I swallowed the lump that had seemed to form in my throat.

                “Suzy, I need you to do something really important for me, okay?” Yongguk asked his voice much softer but still holding a very serious tone. I nodded my head slowly before he continued. “Someone is going to come here, but you cannot open the door, and you cannot, no matter what they say, let them in.” He sent a deathly look towards me before taking a few steps closer; he looked like he wanted to kill me. I nodded my head once again and he visibly relaxed. “Save me a plate in the fridge, I have things to do and won’t be joining you for dinner,” and with that he his heel and headed upstairs.

                I had no idea what just happened, but I think Yongguk silently threatened my life. A million questions entered my brain making my head swirl. Who was this person? How would I know if it was this person he didn’t want in the house? Why can’t I let him in would be a better question. Were the six of them in a gang? Or were they escaped criminals on the run? Oh my pancakes I could be harbouring criminals! I internally slapped myself and shoved my questions into the background of my mind as my stomach growled. Food first then questions, but even with this simple thought, I still didn’t move from my place.

                “Hey,” a soft voice that belonged to Zelo whispered, “Suzy, are you okay?” I saw his shadow cover me and I slowly turned my head to face him. His face held a look of worry just like all the others so, for their sake and my own, I smiled.

                “Let’s eat, shall we?” I said as I finally moved from my frozen state to finish serving supper.


Authors Note~

Bum, budum dum dum~ Hello everyone, sorry for my absense, but i have returned!

i'm not doing to well in life right now and i'm under a lot of stress from over thinking things and all this other stuff that i completely negleted this story, and although this isn't an excuse, i'm still really sorry and i hope i get to updating regularly soon!

Ah, i personally can't wait to write the next chapter, and i hope you all get excited because i'm going to immediently work on it.

SO GET EXCITED!

And i'm also not sure who to stick Suzy with? Maybe HimChan? Yongguk? I'm thinking Daehyun? I don't know yet. We'll just have to wait (:

let me know how you think of the story so far, and until we see each other in the next update,

OLE~!