The Original Life

Hell Like No Other

 

He came home very late/really early and snuck into bed. Zelo was sure his parents wouldn’t notice if he was gone for an hour or two in the night. They were probably already used to his ‘late night homework sessions’.  He’s never really told them what he did outside of school. It’s always been “I’m working on a project”, “Studying for a test”, “Reading a book” or “Looking at college brochures”. Then again, he’s never told anyone in the SAK either. He can’t trust anyone, not anymore. Sure, his fellow B.A.P members were his friends, but he couldn’t trust them.

Not with this secret. When he had first joined, it was only because he was bored with his life, he showed what he could do and Yongguk saw potential. The only catch was is that he had to quit school to focus on SAK’s responsibilities. After thought, he said he’d do it. But that same day, his parents were so proud he had gotten the #1 student’s spot in his school, and they talked about the future, his career and…he just couldn’t do it. He couldn’t quit school; his parents were so…pushy. In a way they didn’t even realize. They wanted what was best for their only son-their only child-he couldn’t just give up what they worked so hard for him to have. So he balanced it out. He managed to hide the fact that he didn’t quit school from the SAK, and that he joined a gang from his parents.

“Junhong-ah! Wake up! You’ll be late for school!” He laughed and pulled on his shirt, opening his door and leaning against it, smiling at his mother. He always found it funny that he had to look down at her and joked about why he was so tall. But his father was the same height, so he had to stop his jokes.

“Omma, I am up. I’ve been up for a while.”

She smiled, “Well that’s good. I have breakfast ready. You deserve something filling today since you were up all night helping out your friends.”

Zelo bit his lip, “Yea, thanks. I’ll be down in a few minutes.” He was about to close the door until she jammed her foot in front of it and held up her finger, a signal to wait. He froze, did she see something?

She looked closer at her tall son and gasped, “Junhong, is that a cut on your cheek?!”

He touched it, “Ah, I fell on the sidewalk last night on my way home and scraped myself a bit. It’s nothing Omma, really. I promise.”

“Are you sure? Do you need a bandage for it?”

“No, no, I’m fine. Seriously, don’t worry too much.” He smiled and nodded, “I’ll be down soon.” She reluctantly left and he shut the door, sighing. Thank God she didn’t see anything else. He ed his shirt a little and placed a bandage over the cut on his collar.  “God damn.” He had to be more careful about his battles, and learn to cover up his cuts and wounds. Fixing himself in the bathroom mirror, Zelo fastened up his tie and ran downstairs to eat.

“Junhong! It’s almost seven!-“

“Omma, don’t worry. I’ll be there on time.” He scarfed down his food and picked up his bag. “See you later, Omma!” He called and started running. It was his usual weekday routine, but like most Mondays, he was slow. The gate was almost closed when he got there. “Ah! Come on, Sohyun! I’m not even that late!” After she laughed he groaned, “Kwon Sohyun!”

She giggled, trying to restrain herself and looked around, “Fine. But if I get caught, it’s on you.” Pushing some hair back, she opened the gate back up and shut it with a bang as he walked through.

Zelo snorted, “Just because you’re a senior, doesn’t mean you can’t be nice to those of my age.” Sohyun and he have been friends since they were kids, she was his neighbor. Sohyun was possibly the only girl he was comfortable talking with. But, she was more like a big sister to him, his Noona.

“It’ll ruin my image, Junhong.” She said, looking up at him, “Don’t you know how that’s like?” He frowned but then she said, “Wait, of course not. You’re the good boy in your grade~!” Zelo managed a nervous smile. How true. In his school, he followed the rules, made some friends, was a bit shy to newcomers, got good grades, etc. No one would’ve guessed he was the Maknae to B.A.P.

“Uh, I guess you’re right, Sohyun. I’m the good boy, eh?”

She laughed and pushed him forward, “Go to homeroom!” He rushed off into the building and hurried up the steps. School didn’t start for another few minutes, so he headed off to get settled in class. Zelo did have a few friends, Changjo, Minhyun, Maru and Sungjae. He wasn’t too close to any girls other than Sohyun, and not really close to these guys. Not enough to tell them about B.A.P… He just couldn’t trust them so much. What if they blurted? What if their friendship went off? There were too many problems that could happen, so he just shouldn’t tell anyone.

Zelo sat in his usual seat beside the window and looked out of it, leaning against his chair and twirling his pencil. The sun was out, but it was still a bit cold. As his dad always said, ‘Don’t let the sun trick you’. He stopped twirling his pencil and picked up his bag, bringing out his school books. Setting his backpack down, he opened one of the books and began to read. Suddenly, his head went down to his desk but Zelo pushed himself, feeling a cold page touch his nose. “Ah! Changjo!”

The baby-faced teen smiled and patted Zelo’s shoulders, “Hey, where were you last night, Junhong? We all went out to get some new shoes.” He pouted and leaned on the desk.

To everyone in school, he was Junhong. ‘Zelo’ would reveal too much, since it was known that ‘Zelo’ was now B.A.P’s Maknae and he couldn’t let that nickname get out or it’d be obvious. “Oh, uh I was finishing up some homework last night.” Zelo looked at his book and then back up, “You guys went out for shoes?” He scoffed, smirking.

Maru shrugged, “Dude, do you know how many girls came with us? I’m pretty sure I spent most of my allowance, but totally worth it.” He smirked back and nudged Zelo, “You should’ve came, Jimin, Yerin, Hi and a bunch of other chicks came along.”

Zelo waved his hand, “Nah. You know I’m not into that kind of stuff, you guys-“

“No , Junhong.” Minhyun spat, “When will you though?”

“I don’t know. But I’m sixteen; I’ve got a long way to go.” He smiled, “Plus, I don’t think it’ll be too hard.”

“Cocky bastard.” Sungjae joked, pushing his shoulder back, “Face it man, all the freshmen girls wanna have you. And most of the sophomores and even some juniors.” Sungjae whistled, “Those Noonas.” He slid into the seat beside him and stretched, “Yah! Sit down guys, class is gonna start.” Maru slid behind Zelo, Minhyun in front and Changjo in front of Sungjae. Their teacher walked in, wearing a gray suit and head held high. Zelo tapped his pencil on his desk as the man set down his briefcase and clapped. The bell rung, signaling class to start.

-----

Lunch was here, students filing out of class faster than a fire would’ve caused them to run. Zelo took his time, putting books and pencils neatly in his bag before tightening his tie and walking out of class. He didn’t need to worry about seats; Minhyun was so fast out of class it was nearly impossible to stop him. He always saved their table. Just as he thought it, Maru and Sungjae were already with him, Changjo in line with a wad of cash in his palm. Zelo went down to sit next to Minhyun and Maru. “Did I miss anything?”

“Yea, some chicks were totally checking me out.” Minhyun smirked.

“I meant something I’ll believe.” Zelo chuckled. Minhyun shoved him a bit and laughed along with him.

“Nah, then you missed nothing. Changjo is just getting us food.” Maru kicked his feet on the table, sighing, “Same old, same old. Bored though. Shouldn’t high school be more exciting?”

“It’s only exciting if people were exciting. You know, we’re all just stressed because of finals in a few weeks.” Zelo said, “Especially people like me. We’re all just freaking out, studying and trying to not fail this year-dude this is where gets serious.” Ok so, maybe not people like him. But people similar to him, with their normal school lives. Now, people his age worry about school, social lives, friends and extra-curricular activities. Perhaps, his SAK business went in with extra-curricular, but he doubted it.

Changjo came back, handing out food when he looked up and smirked, “Yo. Some exchange students are making lovey-dovey eyes at Junhong.” They all stretched their necks, “Ah and they’re hot too.” Indeed, a group of three girls were whispering to each other and looking in their direction.

Minhyun cupped his hands over his mouth, “YAH! Come on over! Don’t just stare!” Zelo yanked him down but it was too late. He already heard the girls’ shoes clicking against the floor.

“Aish. I gotta go, see you guys in class.” But Maru pulled him down.

“No, just talk for a little bit. Come on, Junhong.”

Zelo sighed and tousled his own hair, “Fine. But if something goes wrong, I’m out.”

Changjo grinned, “Hey ladies. Making eyes at our friend?” He rested his head on his left palm.

“Just looking around.” One answered with a smile, “And he caught our eye. Is it a crime?” She pouted. Her long brown hair fell into place and she smiled again, “I’m Gina. I came from America, brought along Mi Young and Ae Sook. We were all accepted to go to this school, and uh, why not?”

Mi Young gestured, “Can we sit down?”

They scooted over, Zelo the farthest from them. He sized them up, even though they were girls, he always stayed cautious about meeting new people. They kept the school uniform intact, their skirts just above the knees, blouses buttoned to the top and tie around their collars. They each had the same color hair, but that was about it that they had in common.

Gina was short, petite, pale and her eyes were small, she seemed to be the talker. Mi Young had short hair, was taller than both friends, and had big eyes and tanner skin, she was a bit in the middle of being outgoing and being shy. Ae Sook was the shyest out of the three; she hasn’t said a word yet. Her brown hair covered her face, so he couldn’t see it much. He assumed she was more of a natural color, eyes somewhat as big as Mi Young’s and pink flushing her cheeks. He had nothing to worry about. To Zelo, this was a bit strange. It was near the end of the year, finals were coming up soon, yet new students were coming in fast. No matter, his friends always seemed to welcome them in and make them feel comfortable. He just sat aside. The new kids were never interesting to him, to be honest. If they were no threats to him, what was there to worry about?

But they started talking about the SAK. He grew curious and spun his chair towards the middle of the table. “The SAK? They’ve been on the low lately, haven’t heard a thing about what those asses do.” Sungjae said, eating a grape.

Zelo bit his lip and Changjo agreed, “Yea. But if I were you, I’d stay away from their hideouts. The old abandoned warehouse a few blocks down is one. Their main one I think.” He pointed in the direction of the SAK HQ.

Minhyun shrugged, “Aren’t you guys curious though? I mean, B.A.P has a super Maknae. I wanna get a look at him, but I’ve never been able to get close enough.”

Zelo smiled a bit, “Closer than you think.” He mumbled low enough for only him to hear. He shifted in his seat and sighed.

“What about you Junhong? Curious as to what the SAK does?” Gina asked, smiling.

Zelo shook his head and took a bite out of his sandwich, wiping his lips before speaking, “Nope. Don’t care. It has nothing to do with me, so why should I be worried?” It hurt him to say it, the SAK has been his backbone, and it supported him without knowing. Sure, it was a gang, but he liked being a part of it. He liked having that sense of power and that he was doing something that really let him be who he was. Then again, school life was also a part of him and he enjoyed doing what his parents made him proud. It all depended on where he was. He loved being both Junhong and Zelo, oddly enough.

Changjo scowled, “Why do you always have to come in with logic and reason?” He crossed his arms and jutted his bottom lip out in a pout. Changjo was always acting like the baby of the group. Sure, he, Minhyun and Sungjae started school a bit late, Maru was still the youngest. But never acted like it, so Changjo saw it as his duty now, even if it annoyed the Hell out of his other friends. He could already see the others roll their eyes and groan silently.

Zelo pointed to Gina and smiled, “She asked me, Changjo. I’m free to answer.”

“Ew. You brought out your ‘smart-’ voice,” Maru nudged him, “put it back.”

Sungjae raised his hand, “Was it only me that thought of that last part awkwardly?” Before he could receive any scolding, the bell had rung. Zelo finished his food and threw it in the trash bin, running for class. His friends and the new girls didn’t get to see him leave.

Well, Zelo had gym, he had to be quick or else all the guys in the locker room would probably break into his locker. They’ve attempted it before. He ran inside and quickly changed into the issued gym shirt and shorts, shutting his locker. “Jesus, Zelo, so fast.” Minhyun said, coming in panting. He stripped off his shirt and sighed, “Why are you always so jumpy?”

“Just…a thing, I don’t like being half- in front of a bunch of people.”

Minhyun chuckled, “Well, you’ll have to outgrow that sometime. Seriously, you’re so reserved it’s unnatural.”

Zelo smiled nervously and nodded, shutting his locker and walking towards the door as more people started coming in, “I’ll see you all outside. I’m gonna warm up.”

“Watch out for the girls! They’re rather vicious today.” Zelo rolled his eyes and walked out on the track. He didn’t need to worry, the girls always took way longer to get ready than a majority of the guys. He sat on the bleachers and looked at the track, it was freshly cleaned and painted, and the big oval grass patch looked greener than ever. Zelo folded his legs and waited, stretching his arms as well. He never really paid attention to this class, unless it was actually doing something physical. People liked to say he was flexible and had fast reflexes, but it wasn’t him. It was Zelo, his other half you’d say. Zelo was more into gym than anyone; he tried actually doing something good for his body other than impressing girls or trying to text during class. That’s what go people lower than an A. Who gets lower than an A in gym? Lazy people, stupid people and stubborn people. Zelo and Junhong were none of those. These thoughts always went on in his mind during school; let it be Math, Science, Language Arts, the remembrance of his lesser classmates made him feel sorry for them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thanks to my two new subbies: Funnybunny123 and livingwithobsessions ^^ You guys are awesome~

Comment, Subscribe and LOVE (.^_^.)

-TAIwin <3