Emergency Meeting

Hell Like No Other

 

The final bell rung, good thing because Zelo nearly fell asleep in his chair. He jolted upright and quickly scribbled down his assignment and packed up. Touching his eyes, he made sure no one attempted drawing on him during class and walked out of the room after he was satisfied. He slipped his hand in his pocket and stuffed headphones into his ears, scrolling through his phone for music. Just as his thumb made contact with the screen, it buzzed in his hand. He paused and checked it: New Message from: Yongguk-hyung. Zelo clicked it:

From: Yongguk-hyung:

YAH MAKNAE. Your Hyungs will be waiting for you at the Warehouse. Emergency meeting called by CL at nine. Don’t be late this time!

Zelo pressed on his phone and replied:

To: Yongguk-hyung:

Alright, I won’t be late. I promise Hyung!

He smiled and started walking home, pushing past the gate and his backpack straps. When he stepped on his porch, he noticed his mailbox was full, so he opened it up and took out the pieces of mail. Flipping through it, he stopped and plopped it down on the table, “Nothing good.” He said and took out his homework, “Omma?! Appa?!” They must be working late. Zelo bit his pencil and continued pulling out his notebooks and grabbed himself a glass of soda. “Ugh. I hate my teachers.” He grumbled and started. Just as his pencil made contact with the paper, there was a knock at the door. Zelo groaned and stood up, loosening off his tie and placing it on his seat before opening the door. No one was there, but a package sat on his front porch. He picked it up, shaking it and checked the label. It was for him. From…he didn’t see the name.

Shrugging, he set it beside his papers and plucked a blunt knife from the cupboard. Zelo snapped it open and looked inside. Nothing? Maybe it was just a prank to throw him off. He tossed the box away and sighed, getting his homework done as fast as he could. The faster he finishes, the more time he has to practice in his room.

As the hours slowly passed, his hands cramped up. He stopped and massaged his fingers, sighing and applying pressure. He had tons of homework still left over, but he needed to get ready for the meeting. “ it; I’ll finish this in the morning.” He decided and packed it up, running upstairs. He changed out of his school uniform and took out more comfortable jeans and a gray t-shirt. Picking up his jacket, he wrapped it around his shoulders and pulled on a hat to finish the look. “Looking good Zelo.” He mumbled to himself and laughed. He pushed open his window and locked his bedroom door, hoping his parents wouldn’t mind and jumped down. His legs went numb with the contact with the cement ground and he stumbled forward. “Ouch.” He whined and ran off.

Zelo checked the time. He was early, but the lights of the Warehouse were on, he could see it from the fence. Yongguk and CL were outside, talking. Just as Zelo walked up, he heard her saying, “Your Maknae isn’t gonna be a match for her.”

“Oh god. Whatever, she’s just joining the SAK, Zelo still has more experience.” Yongguk insisted, waving his hand without a care. His smile was confident, his posture straight. That’s when he noticed Zelo. He clapped and gestured him over, “Ah. There he is.”

Zelo bowed, “Hello Hyung, hello Noona.” CL grinned.

“Nice to see you on time Zelo.”

The tall teenager smirked, “Actually, I’m early.” He flashed his phone and set it back in his pocket, “So…what are you guys talking about?”

Yongguk crossed his arms, “Ah. CL’s got a new Maknae, Zico’s little sister joined in 2NE1. She’s your age I think, maybe a year younger or something. CL was just telling me that she can kick your .”

Zelo raised a brow, “Can she?”

“Well, I had to critique her audition. But, we’ll see who has the better Maknae during the battle.” CL rested her hands on her hips, grinning with pride, “Now, come on. You guys haven’t met her yet.” She opened the door and strode in, her arm going to G-Dragon’s as soon as she found him.

Zico stood beside his sister; at least Zelo thought it was her. But Zico’s arm over her shoulders confirmed his suspicions. She was significantly shorter than her brother, by nearly seven inches it looked but he wasn’t so sure, the siblings had the same eyes and smile, but her nose was narrower and she looked tanner-it could’ve been the light too. Her long hair was also dyed a dark blue, darker than Zelo’s but it showed its color. And her clothes-they fit well with 2NE1’s style, but she also could’ve been mistaken for a member of B.A.P. She wore a familiar black jacket and matching hat, her legs comfortably inside a pair of skinny jeans and white shoes, having on various rings and necklaces. “That jacket…” Yongguk mumbled and looked at Zelo, “Dude, you two are wearing the same jacket.”

Zelo scoffed, “What? No-oh…” He stretched it out to get a better look and shrugged, “Whatever. The girl has good taste.” He smirked and patted his leader’s stomach.

Yongguk shoved him forward, “Get up that staircase and wait for the meeting to start.” He ordered his Maknae with a small smile.

Zelo obeyed and sat down against the wall beside Jongup, “Did you see the new 2NE1 Maknae?” He asked his Hyung.

Jongup looked up from his switchblade and smiled, “Yea. Looks pretty innocent but her clothes say something else.” He flicked out the blade and traced it, “She’s cute though. Right?”

“Yea. She is. But we gotta see her talent first.” Zelo brushed his hair forward and slapped his head against the wall. He silently prayed his parents were either still at work or didn’t bother him in his locked room.

“Everyone get up!” CL called, placing a hand on Zico’s sister. The Block B leader glared as if thinking she was gonna harm his sibling. But she gave him a reassuring glance and smiled, “Alright, I know that we rarely have meetings after another, especially it being a Monday and all. But, we needed you all to know about 2NE1’s new member, Woo Jilin. She is Zico’s little sister, so please, treat her well.”

Jilin bowed and smiled, “Hello. Like CL-sunbae said, I’m Woo Jilin, Zico’s sister. I recently turned sixteen, so I think I’m the youngest here.” Her eyes seemed to scan the crowd, stopping at Zelo. He stared back, tilting his head to the side. It seemed like hours, but he knew he was exaggerating too much. Then she pulled away and looked to CL for instructions. She was respectful, obedient to her leader.

The blonde female nodded, “I’ve received comments by people I will not name,” However she glared at Yongguk, “that my new member can’t survive in the SAK. I plan to show them that they’re wrong.” She took a walk around the table before calling out, “Maknaes get down here. Minji you stay up there and Zelo you too.” Jongup groaned and got up, rushing down the steps with PO right behind him, Seungri coming down with Krystal on the other side. Jilin and Krystal already seemed to be friends; they smiled at each other and looked at the guys as if deciding which ones they will get. CL gestured for them to get in line and picked out Jongup by the collar. He stumbled forward and smiled.

He bowed exaggeratingly towards the younger girl and said, “Hello. My name is Moon Jongup; I’m the second youngest in B.A.P. Pleasure to meet you.” She bowed as well, chuckling, but stopped when CL gave her a look.

She patted Jongup’s shoulder, giving it a warning grip, “Jongup, I want you to go all out on Jilin. Show no mercy.” Then she stood beside her Maknae and whispered something inaudible in her ear. Nonetheless, Jilin still smiled and nodded. CL pushed back the other Maknaes as the leaders went for the balcony, “You all stay here, get a good look. Alright? Seungri, you’ll be up next.” He nodded. She closed the gate as Yongguk did the same with the other side and Zelo moved up to get a better look. He sat next to Youngjae who scooted over to let the Maknae see. “Choose a weapon? Jongup will you stay faithful to that switchblade of yours?”

He looked up to CL and nodded, “Yep, I think I do fine with this.” He did. Jongup turned towards his opponent, “What will you choose?”

Her answer shocked him, “I’m pretty good with what I have.” Zelo could’ve sworn he heard a few gasps, he could even see Jongup’s eyes widen a little before nodding.

Zelo leaned to Youngjae, “Is she going to fight Hyung with her bare hands?” He whispered.

“Sounds like it Maknae.” Youngjae smirked, “Interesting.”

Himchan snorted, “Whatever. Jongup still needs to watch out. Who knows what she can do besides CL and Zico.” He gripped the metal and leaned closer down.

The 2NE1 leader looked towards her Maknae and Zelo knew that she was smirking. He grew anxious, “Maknaes-START.” At the signal, Jilin lunged, surprising Jongup as he tried processing her motives. He jumped to one side, trying to slice her side but it was no use. She kicked up her left leg, managing to get Jongup’s weapon out of his grip. The B.A.P member looked up, shocked. Jilin smirked and punched at his chest. Jongup dodged but he was too slow for what came against his flank. Her rings scraped against his thin shirt and cut into his skin, just enough to make it bleed. Jongup stumbled forward and grabbed his side, blood coming off on his fingers. Zelo was nearly off the railing by now, he had seen rings and jewelry in attempted use, but they’ve never really had effects like this. Jilin wasted no time, she went again for Jongup, but he already had a hold of his switchblade and slashed it at her. The tip barely touched her cheek, leaving only a fade of what could’ve been.

Again, Jilin tried kicking the blade out of his hand, but this time Jongup was prepared. He grabbed her leg and raised his weapon above her thigh. However, Zelo saw her smirk and she grabbed his arm and ducked while pulling him over her. “Whoa!” He cried, surprised as Jongup hit the ground with a loud thud, the switchblade landing on the floor beside Jilin’s foot. She twisted his arm, making even Zelo wince. She was barely breathing.

“Jilin, that’s good.” Zico called. She obeyed her brother and let loose of Jongup’s arm, even offering him her hand. He took it gratefully and groaned.

He nudged her with the back of his hand, “Not bad, you’re really good.” He said.

She bowed, “Thanks.”

CL’s glare went to Yongguk, smiling smugly, “Do you want to see anyone else?”

The B.A.P leader frowned, his face emotionless. He stood beside Zelo, who could clearly see that he didn’t expect what had happened. Yongguk’s eyes were slightly wider, eyebrows furrowed; mouth slightly agape and his skin glistened. He was nervous. But his answer was calm, “I’d like to see her against Seungri. If you don’t mind, Jilin.” He said, letting Jongup sit down against the wall.

Of course, the new girl bowed, willing to do what any of the leaders told her, “It’s ok Sunbae.” Yes it was, she didn’t look like she’s been up against anyone yet. The girl fixed her cap, placing its beak to point towards the back of her head and smiled. Seungri stepped up, bow in hand.

“Jilin, it’s good to see you again.”

Zelo raised a brow at his greeting, only to be more confused as she responded, “You too Seungri-sunbae. It has been a while since I’ve trained hasn’t it?” Her smile was warm, comforting.

Seungri returned it, “Yep. Let’s see if the lessons paid off. Shall we?” This time, Jilin took off her rings and grabbed a gun. She checked for bullets and nodded, satisfied, “How many bullets are in there?”

Jilin held up three fingers, “Three.”

“Will it be enough?” He asked, teasingly.

Jilin smiled and nodded, “It was good before.” Her response made Seungri string up a bow and fire, all in about two seconds. She dodged and charged, kicking his chest. He nearly fell with the contact, but he quickly caught his balance and strung another arrow. This one hit her shoulder and Zelo couldn’t help but lean forward. She barely winced and took out the arrow, groaning lowly. She shot her first bullet, but Seungri dodged easily.

“What a waste!” Seungri called, his back towards Zelo. Her shoulder looked like it was bleeding, but under the light and on the black jacket, he couldn’t tell anymore. Seungri shot another arrow, making Jilin slam into the wall to dodge it. She was starting to get tired, gasping for air and using the wall to help her up. But for some reason, Zelo didn’t believe that she was really losing energy. There was this feeling in his gut, but he pushed it aside. Seungri strung up another arrow just as she made a run for the table. Jilin dodged, hitting her side against the floor. Zelo looked up, to see if anyone showed any concern. But no one did, not even Zico.

“What the Hell?” Zelo murmured, watching her lazily get up and shoot. Seungri dodged easily again. Why wasn’t anyone worried? What if Seungri killed her? Ok, maybe he was overreacting but she really looked hurt.

The eldest Maknae raised his arms, “Come on, Lin. I thought you were better than this!” He whined, “I thought you were tougher, smarter. Am I wrong?”

She started walking towards him and Zelo realized Seungri had one more arrow to use, unless he grabbed some off the sidelines. Jilin smiled, and all traces of being tired were gone, “No. But the question is, am I about you?” Seungri gave her a confused look, and then widened his eyes in realization. He strung his last arrow just as Jilin ran up for him. He released and it hit her in the thigh, but she pushed him against the wall, where a plastic disk hung. It shot out a few darts, all hitting Seungri, letting him crumple to the floor. Jilin did the same, but she was conscious and groaning cuss words.

CL hurried down and looked up at Yongguk, “They’re tied.”

“Oh , the girl’s good.” Yongguk grumbled, looking to Zelo and shrugging, “Good luck with her in the next meeting.”

But Zelo wasn’t nervous, in fact, he was looking forward to it. It was a challenge, and Zelo loved challenges. Well…certain challenges. CL looked up and called, “Meeting excused!” Zelo silently thanked the lord and said good-bye to his Hyungs. He’d just have to officially meet Jilin some other time.

 

It was one of the worst Tuesdays mornings ever, for Zelo. He woke up late, didn’t eat breakfast, had to bribe Sohyun with money and food to let him in, and he just realized he forgot his homework in his bedroom. This was why he hated having SAK meetings during the weekdays; he was always off his routine. He was starting to get bags under his eyes, if there was another emergency meeting; he’d end up being Seungri’s look-alike. Even his friends noticed. Minhyun even poked his eyes in question, “Dude, you look awful.”

“Thanks.” He drawled and turned to face the wall, “I went to bed late, woke up late, I’m starving, I owe Sohyun twenty bucks and some of my Mom’s Hotteok, and I forgot my homework at home. This is probably the worst Tuesday ever.” Zelo pushed his head on the wall and groaned in agony.

Changjo tilted his head to the side and said, “Alright, class still has two minutes before it starts, we can buy you some extra food at lunch, I’m sure your Mom wouldn’t mind making Hotteok for Sohyun and the teachers love you, they’ll let it pass.” He patted Zelo’s back, “Have faith man.”

Maru laughed, “I think he dozed off.”

Zelo shook his head, “Nope…not yet.”

Sungjae grabbed a hold of his shoulders and shook him vigorously, making Zelo reach up and smack him, “Stay awake. Class is gonna start.” They all slipped into their seats, looking up at the teacher.

He fixed his tie and the door opened and closed with a bang. Zelo was too tired to look up; he kept his eyes closed until needed. The sound of shuffling feet echoed in the silent room, murmurs also in the air. Zelo suspected a new student just came in. His teacher said, “Class, we have a new student. Please, introduce yourself.” Her voice began but then stopped; making Zelo knit his brows together. What was taking her so long? “Um, Miss Woo, are you ok?”

Woo…Zelo opened his eyes only to feel the glare of Jilin piercing into him. He jolted up. What the Hell was she doing here? “Oh, sorry.” She mumbled and turned away from him and bowed, “Hello. My name is Woo Jilin. Please take care of me during my short stay here.” She still looked at Zelo, a hint of surprise and distrust behind her dark eyes.

Changjo leaned forward to Zelo and whispered, “She’s Zico’s little sister, rumor is that he wanted her to finish her year of school before focusing on SAK. 2Ne1’s new Maknae. Stay away from her, Junhong; she’s pretty dangerous I heard.”

Zelo sighed and slumped in his desk, trying to avoid her gaze, “You have no idea…” This was officially the worst Tuesday ever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thanks to my new subbie: Zelo_Oppa_Naekkoya ^^. Don't be afraid to share please~!

Comment, Subscribe and LOVE

-TAIwin <3