Holding Back

Hell Like No Other

“YAH! JILIN?! ZELO?!” They looked down, spreading their legs to see who was yelling up at them. G-Dragon. He stood up looking at them, hand over the sun in his eyes and standing next to CL and Victoria. Both female leaders were already crossing their arms, staring ahead. “What are you doing up there?!”

She bent down, “Uh-We were just hanging out Sunbae!!” She looked at Zelo, “Let’s get down now.” He nodded and started standing, “Yah! Zelo, you’re still tied to me!” She whined, trying to undo the knot at her waist.

He bent down, “Sorry. I forgot. Let me help.” He took a hold of the knot and carefully undid it with his fingers. Some turns were tough and held together better than others, but he managed to get the rope off her waist, “There.” He smiled triumphantly and undid the knot by his waist. “Let’s get going.” They lifted up the loose panel and climbed down, “Help?” He offered his hand to her and she took it this time.

Helping her down, he noticed her smooth movements as if she were just confident in him and her steps. She nodded, “Thanks.” The three leaders came in and stretched, “Annyeonghaseyo, Sunbaes.” Jilin went to stand next to CL who was talking to G-Dragon.

“Hey Jilin. We figured out something around your finals. We gotta wait though for everyone else.” CL looked up, “Zelo, when did you get here?”

“Same time as Jilin. We’ve been hanging out for a while.” He answered coolly. CL eyed him suspiciously then turned back and whispered to her Maknae. Jilin frowned and answered quietly as well.

The door opened and members of the SAK came in, talking and laughing. TOP came in, swinging a bottle of alcohol in his right hand, “YO. Wassup’ Ji?” He slurred and grinned madly.

“TOP have you been drinking?” G-Dragon asked, raising a brow.

“Maybe.” TOP replied shortly, “Come on! This is good stuff, GD.” He offered the bottle but his leader friend pushed it away, grinning.

“Go lie down TOP.” He ordered and pointed to the railing, “Wake up when you don’t remember.” The eldest male groaned but obeyed, nearly hitting his head, “Jilin?” She girl went over and helped him, wrapping his arm over her shoulders. TOP leaned close to her and whispered, smirking, making her laugh. Zelo watched, wondering what he was talking about with her. “TOP is probably telling her inappropriate jokes.” G-Dragon told CL, who was sitting with her legs on his lap.

The female leader laughed and covered , uncovering before replying, “Oh, GD, what members do you have?”

He sighed, “I get all the crazies. TOP is such a ert when he’s drunk.”

“You’re telling me. I remember during that party a few years ago-oh my god-he was so wasted, he tried making moves on Taeyang.

G-Dragon smirked, “I remember that day.” She blushed and Zelo was even more surprised. Since when did the fiercest woman in South Korea blush? Zelo ignored it again and focused back on his friend. Jilin was setting TOP down against the wall but he looked like he was complaining, his face in a pout as he held her arm. She smiled sincerely to her Sunbae and then left. TOP fainted after she started her way back to Zelo.

“Jeez. TOP-sunbae is so weird.” She complained and sat next to him, pulling her hair to one side, “He’s such a erted drunk.”

He nodded, “I heard.” He watched as other people started coming in. Everyone else, but B.A.P’s Youngjae and Jongup weren’t here yet. “Hyung. Where’s Youngjae-hyung and Jongup-hyung?” He asked Yongguk, Jilin still leaning her feet against the wall while talking to Zico.

He shrugged, “I don’t know. They texted me a little bit ago saying they were close.” He crossed his arms, “They must’ve stopped by for something.” He sat down and looked up, “Zico, you know where my members are?”

Zico paused from his conversation with his sister and raised a brow, “I was walking with them. Then they split off me.”

“What?” He asked.

“Yea, down by the allies. They told me they’d be back but they never caught up with me. So I supposed they already came back. But…I don’t know anymore.” He scratched his head then turned to his sister. She shrugged. Then the door opened and Jongup stumbled in, Youngjae unconscious on his shoulder. “.”

Jongup had a scratch on his forehead, his brown hair matted against his skin and a bullet graze bleeding rapidly down his right arm. Youngjae was beaten up, dirty and dried blood across his chin, a bruise forming on his cheek, “Help.” Jongup croaked. Yongguk hurried and took Youngjae while Himchan helped Jongup to the table. Zelo rushed down and opened the latch beside his head, pulling out the first aid kit. He went to Jongup but he refused, “Go to Youngjae-hyung first. I’m fine.”

“Shut up, Hyung.” Zelo spat and cleansed his wounds, setting gauge over his arm. “What happened?”

He groaned and leaned on his hand, “Youngjae-hyung and I were walking with Zico, and we wanted to go to the store to grab some sodas. Well, we left Zico and bought our stuff. But on our way here, we got jumped.”

Yongguk grabbed some bandages and growled, “Jumped by whom, damn it?”

“We didn’t get a huge look. It was dark, my vision went blurry, and Youngjae-hyung was unconscious and bleeding to death. I managed to get us both out of there alive. I’m sorry Hyung, I know you don’t want us to fight outside the SAK but we were in danger.” Jongup winced and gasped as Bom pressed an alcohol patch over his minor cuts, “Easy Noona.”

She scoffed, “Man up, Jongup.” He shut up after that.

G-Dragon bit his lip, “How many people were in the group? Could you tell?”

Jongup waved his hand, “Around…seven I think. It was hard to tell, but there were different voices, different feet and different movements. At least seven or five…”

“That’s good enough.” G-Dragon said and looked up, “Zelo, go look at Youngjae.” He nodded and headed over to the unconscious member.

He sighed, “What’s Hyung’s status?”

“Well he’s far from dead, but he was knocked out probably due to the punch that’s creating this nasty bruise.” Yongguk pointed to it, “He’s lost a lot of blood, but we were able to close up his wounds and stop the bleeding. He should be fine. Get him resting with TOP would you?” Zelo nodded and set down the first aid kit, gently wrapping Youngjae’s arm over him.

The older male made a groaning sound, but still kept his eyes tightly closed. Zelo set him down beside TOP and sighed, making his way back to Jilin and Zico. They looked like they were arguing, but in hushed tones barely over a whisper, “I told you I talked to them!” She hissed.

“Well-then why did they do that to Jongup and Youngjae?!” He snapped.

She looked like she was about to rip out her hair but stopped herself, “Maybe they didn’t do it, we already shook on it. Maybe another group is nearby.” She elbowed him in the chest and looked at Zelo’s direction, “Oppa, you might want to talk with the other leaders.”

Zico turned and nodded, whipping around and stomping down the stairs. Zelo looked at her, “Was that about the group I saw you with earlier?” He wondered.

She bit her lip, “It’s nothing-“

“The more you say that, the more I know that something is wrong.” He stepped closer and bent down to look into her eyes. They’ve turned darker, “So just tell me now, and we can skip over it later on.”

Jilin ran a hand through her hair, “I swear. If I could, I would tell you. But I can’t. It’s between me and the leaders and we’ve all sworn to secrecy. I can’t say anything. I’m sorry.” She groaned and looked at his pocket, “I could really use a smoke right now.” She whined quietly.

Zelo shook his head, “Nope. But nice try.” Her eyes narrowed and she sat back down.

“How are Youngjae and Jongup?” She asked after a moment.

He shrugged, “They could be better you know. Nothing too serious.” She nodded and he sat, “Do you think we’re gonna fight today?”

“Hopefully. But with this all going on, I’m not sure.” She crossed her legs and pouted, “I was really looking forward to kicking some today.”

He smiled, “Yea, yea.”

They waited patiently until the leaders started piling their weapons on the table. After the last knife was thrown onto the pile, G-Dragon stood and called out, “Maknaes get down here. Choose a weapon this time.” Zelo and Jilin got up from their numbing positions and hurried down the steps. He took a gun from the table and strapped it to his waist. Krystal took up a knife and dart dispensers, eyeing Zelo.

“You won’t get me like last time.” He smiled at her and nodded, not saying a word. She looked at Jilin and smirked, “Go against the guys? Take out each other later?”

Jilin looked at Zelo, “Sure. That sounds logical.”

PO groaned, “That’s not fun. Jilin is like a ing ninja. She’s fast and she’s dangerous and she’ll kill us.”

“Oh, I won’t kill you. I’m not like that, Sunbae.”

Seungri slipped his bow on his back, “You never know, stay cautious.” He said.

Zelo took this as a chance to ask Seungri about last week while they were preparing, “Hey, Seungri-sunbae?”

“Yea? What’s up kid?” He loaded himself with arrows.

“Why were you and Jilin talking like you knew each other last week?” Zelo asked.

Seungri smiled and nudged him, “Oh, no one told you? Well, Jilin has always had a passion for things like the SAK,” He whispered, “ever since Zico joined to get his mind off things. She wanted to join last year but Zico didn’t know if she was ready. So, I offered to help her out and get her a head start. Taught her nearly everything she knows, but she’s made up her own secrets.” Seungri sighed, “She’s a fast learner. I only had to teach her for a few days before we got into real drills. After a week or two, she was a pro and we’d have to stop because we were so exhausted scrimmaging. We couldn’t beat each other, until last week and we both got out.”

Zelo nodded and looked up, thinking, “A few days before she became a pro you said?”

“Yea. Why?”

He shrugged, “Just wondering.”

Seungri smiled and looked up, “YO! CL, can we start?!”

The woman looked up and smirked, nodding, “Jilin kick his !” She called over the railing. G-Dragon laughed and high-fived her.

“Aw! That’s not fair!” Seungri strung a bow and let it slip from his fingers, watching it. But Zelo knew that wouldn’t do anything. Jilin narrowed her eyes a little, and jumped off from the table, taking an unsteady hold on the arrow and snapping it in half, “Not cool.” Seungri complained. She smiled and jumped down, drawing rings which slipped onto her fingers. All of them were donned with spikes.

“Danger.” PO said, walking backwards. Krystal jumped after him and slashed at his chest. That left Jilin against the two other males.

“This’ll be fun.” Zelo smiled and pulled out his gun, shooting at her feet. He knew it wasn’t going to do any damage but as she was distracted, he shot her arm. Surprisingly, her arm flung back, letting the bullet hit the gate.

“And that is why we have these gates!” Yongguk called, “Continue!”

“That was like impossible to dodge though!” Zelo complained.

Jilin shrugged, “Nothing is impossible, Zelo.” She winked and Seungri looked between them. She noticed, “What? Don’t give me that look.” She scowled and picked out a loose blade from her pocket, throwing it. Seungri dodged.

“Haha!” He grinned triumphantly.

“It wasn’t you I was aiming for, Sunbae.” She crossed her arms, grinning cockily. Zelo turned and watched the blade impaling PO in the back. He groaned and fell on his stomach, “Ouch. I didn’t kill him did I?”

Krystal looked at him, “No. He looks tired.”

“ing blade is in my back! Of course I’m tired now!” He groaned and clenched his fists.

“Good. One for each of us.” Krystal said, “I take Zelo?” She asked the younger.

Jilin scoffed, “No way in Hell.” She took out a few more blades from her pockets and smirked, “I’m gonna enjoy this.”

Zico from above twirled his knife through his fingers and called out without looking, “That’s my sister!” His voice rang with a sense of pride and humor, or Zelo wasn’t sure if he should be afraid or not.

“Fear is a weakness.” She said, “Are you scared?”

He paused, “No.” And she lunged, her loose blades and rings cutting his stomach gently. “Ah!” He pulled out his gun and aimed it for her calf, but it took more strength than he thought it would to actually pull the trigger. She cried out in pain and he wondered if he should regret his move. But her eyes said that she was fine. She seemed unfazed by the bullet and kept going on, her leg bleeding heavily. She kicked him with her good leg and ripped off a piece of her top to wrap around her wound. Zelo struggled to get up, and realized his gun was under the table.

There was a short yell behind them and Zelo saw Seungri and Krystal being moved from the ring by Victoria. Both of Krystal’s legs were impaled with arrows below her knee caps, and Seungri had darts in his back. That just left them too, “It’s just you and me, Zelo.” Jilin grinned, “Done yet?”

“No.” He got back up and slid under the table, taking a hold of his gun and jumping to his feet. But unfortunately she was faster. Tackling him, Jilin didn’t think about size and shoved one of her blades in his stomach, it barely went in but she didn’t even try to push it.

She bent down, whispering discreetly in his ear, “I really don’t want to hurt you. So just please back down.” He frowned. Why doesn’t she want to do this? Zelo threw his head back into the concrete and groaned with pain. It was no lie, having a knife inside you definitely hurt like Hell. But it really did hurt less than it should’ve been.

“Zelo, can you go on?” CL asked.

Hesitantly, he shook his head, looking into her eyes as she sat on his abdomen, “No…” He held back his scream as Jilin ripped out the blade, pressing onto the cut to stop the bleeding.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered, “But everyone has a title they need to uphold. Mine is being fierce, Zico’s sister, Woo in Hell. I can’t show mercy even if I want to… You understand me right?” He felt the pressure of her hands on his chest as she spoke. The pain slowly subsided as he focused on her expression. She looked like she was trying really hard to stop the bleeding herself.

He nodded, “You know what I go through. Of course I understand.” He looked at her leg and touched the gauge she made for herself, “Sorry.”

“It’s ok. I could take it.” She got off his waist and gestured her hand forward, “I need a bandage!” Jilin lifted his shirt and beckoned with her hand, her teeth biting her bottom lip. Zelo felt hot, he could just feel her eyes size him up, like the first day they met. But the feeling was more tense and awkward.

Kyung came forward with a box and handed it to her, “Calm your down, Ji.” She scowled and kicked at him but he dodged, “Jesus. ZICO! Your sister is being moody!” She ignored him and placed a bandage over the cut she inflicted.

Zelo sat up, “Is the bullet stuck in you?”

“Well…yea, but I’ll get it out.” She said and flattened the bandage on his stomach.

“Go to a hospital.”

“No. I never want to go to a hospital again.” She mumbled, her fingers drooping against his skin.

He cleared his throat, “I’m sorry…I forgot about that.” She shook her head and smiled a little, brushing hair from her face. “Let me take it out.”

Hesitantly, she nervously smiled, “Um, I don’t know. Do you know what you’re doing?”

Scoffing, he picked out a small knife, “Of course. You know how many bullets I’ve cut out from my Hyungs? I’m a pro at this, Jilin.” He scooted closer and she scooted back. “Hey.” He said, “Don’t you trust me?”

Through the talks of the leaders and the other members, he heard nothing but her steady breathing. She was nervous, but the sense of that emotion went away just when he saw it. “Yes, I trust you, Zelo.” She scooted closer and untied the piece of fabric on her leg. In the light, he could see the bullet still inside her. “God, tell me how badly this is gonna hurt.”

Zelo looked up, “Yongguk screams his lungs off.”

Jilin groaned, “God damn it.” They looked at each other and shrugged, “Give me a minute, Zelo.”

He nodded and watched her take deep breaths when a firm grip met his shoulder, “What’s going on?” Zico.

Zelo stood up and gulped. The male was the same height as him, more or less, but he was still intimidating. His piercing eyes, chiseled chin and powerful scowl made Zelo tense. “Oh-um, Jilin says that the bullet I shot is still stuck inside her, so I offered to take it out.”

Instantly, Zico’s eyes widened and he pushed back the younger male, “Jilin you agreed to this?! Why don’t we just go to a hospital?!”

She crossed her arms and scowled back, “You know damn well I will never go back to a hospital. I trust Zelo more than a doctor so I’m allowing him to do this for me.”

Zico looked at his sister then to Zelo, “This is absurd. Do you even know what to do?”

“Yah. What’s going on?!” CL screeched.

Zico looked back, “Zelo is about to cut out a bullet from my sister’s leg. God damn it Yongguk-tell me he’s not taking a shot in the dark!” He looked at the B.A.P leader who only shrugged.

“Zelo usually does the ‘removing bullets’ in our group. I can say he’s pretty good at it. Let him do it, Zico. Jilin needs it out of her.” Zico hesitantly pondered over it and looked back at Zelo.

He pointed accusingly at him, “Make things worse and I will-“

“OPPA!” He stopped at his sister’s call and stepped back, “Come on Zelo.” He bent back down to Jilin and she whispered, “Don’t let Zico get to you. He’s just being protective.” She smiled apologetically.

“It’s ok. I know protective people.” He sighed, “Ready?” She nodded, “You can hold on to me if you want.” She took him up on his offer and gripped his shoulder tightly, preparing herself for pain. Carefully, he held her leg closer and inserted the knife into her wound, making her scream.

“God damn it-ZELO!” Zico cried, running up but Yongguk grabbed him.

“Calm down! Jesus Christ, Zico, let him do it!” Zelo tried to zone them out, the feeling of Jilin’s fingers tensed on his shoulders. Tightly. He stabbed the bullet, only to let out another agonizing whimper from the victim.

“He’s hurting her-!”

“Well Zico, did you think it’d feel good?!” CL snapped. He shut up after that.

Zelo quickly quirked up the knife and most of the bullet popped out, “Is there more?” He asked. She nodded, “Do you want me to keep going?” Zelo reached out and snapped, not taking his eyes off hers. Someone handed him a piece of cloth, thank god they understood. He dabbed her wound and she nodded, “Come closer.” She sat next to his knee and wrapped an arm around his neck, “Do whatever you need to do to get rid of the pain. Ok? I’ll be like your punching bag.”

“Zelo…”

“I’ll be fine.” He proceeded, and he felt her teeth sink into the base of his neck, muffling her scream. It hurt, but he pushed it away and felt for the left over metal. It clinked against his knife and she tightened her grip, with her arm and her teeth. “It’s ok.” He soothed, “Trust me.” And with that, he flicked it out and she let go.

“Oh, Zelo, I’m sorry.” He glanced down and found his neck swollen red at the base.

He shrugged, “It’s ok. It didn’t hurt that much.” Zelo pressed the towel against her wound and smiled, “You ok?”

She nodded, “Thanks…I would’ve died if I was at the hospital.”

He chuckled and helped her stand, turning to Zico, “You might want to give her a few pain killers later, it’s gonna hurt really bad in the morning.”

Zico nodded grimly and looked at him, “Thanks.” He said shortly and turned to his sister, “Will you be able to go to school? Or do you want to stay out for a bit?”

Instantly she answered, “I can go. It’s no biggie.” There was a moment of silence and Minzy spoke.

“Jilin, I don’t think you can go-.”

“I. Can. Go.” She insisted, giving the shortest glance at Zelo.

“Ok.” Zico said, “Let’s continue.”