First Night

Hell Like No Other

Zelo was sent back to Jilin’s room. He carefully opened the door and knocked, “You decent Jilin?” He heard her laugh, making him smile and sigh lowly.

“Yea. Come on in, Zelo. Luna-unnie and I were just talking.” He opened the door and nodded to Luna, gesturing she leave. Luna raised a brow at him suspiciously, “Unnie, Victoria probably wants you.” Jilin said, tugging the towel around her neck. Luna got up anyway and walked out the door. The young girl sighed and bent down to pick up her earring she dropped, “So, where’d you go, Zelo?” His eyes sought up her bare legs and he quietly cursed her for wearing such short clothing.

Focusing back on her question, he looked back up, “Oh, I just went out to get a drink of water. Talked to CL-sunbae too.”

“Ah. Ok. You didn’t check out the house?” She placed her earring back in and threw her towel into the bathroom.

Zelo scratched his hair, “No, I wasn’t sure what rooms I was allowed to go in and others I was off limits to.”

Jilin laughed and bounced up to him, “Come on, I’ll give you a tour before lunch. The house isn’t so big.” Her hand tugged for his and he blushed at the contact. His fingers wriggled in hers as he acquainted the feeling and she looked back at him, “Uncomfortable? I can let go if you want.” Her innocent eyes sparkled up at him.

Zelo smiled down at her, “N-No, it’s ok. I was just…adjusting.” She chuckled and continued to walk. They walked through the house, and honestly, he paid most of his attention on her. His focus on the details was starting to resurface. Her eyes would blink each time she talked about a different room, her teeth chewing her lip ever so swiftly, hand lightly caressing his and a smooth move in her step. “Jilin, I’m starting to get hungry.” He moaned and jutted his bottom lip out.

She sighed, “Alright. Let’s go back to the kitchen and see if there’s something you wanna eat. Okay?” He nodded, feeling his heart pound as she led him back into the kitchen. It slowed down as she let go and searched her fridge. “Aish…YAH! OPPA! WHERE’S ALL OUR FOOD?!”

Zico was heard opening his room and calling back out, “Fridge?! Pantry?!”

“Nothing good!”

“Then go shopping please!”

Jilin groaned and slapped her head over the cold stainless steel of her refrigerator. She brought her head back up and sighed, “Fine!” She turned to Zelo, “Come with me? I don’t want to go alone.” She pleaded, taking some money out of a jar in the back of the pantry.

He puffed his shirt and sighed, “I need camouflage remember?” She nodded and gestured him in her room. He followed and stood at the door, handing him his hoodie that she found in his suitcase, “Yah. You just go through my stuff?” He joked while pulling it on.

She shrugged and headed for the door, “It’s not like I’ve seen anything I haven’t seen before. I lived alone with my brother for quite a few years, Zelo.” She trudged past him confidently, waving to CL, “Hey Unnie. I’ll be right back, Zelo and I are gonna go get food.” The 2NE1 leader nodded and walked back to the bathroom.

“Don’t take too much time! I’m hungry too!” She called. Zelo nodded and walked outside with Jilin in front of him. He pulled his hood over his head and walked next to her now.

“CL-sunbae is pretty laid back?”

“Not all the time. But she’s pretty cool either way.” Jilin skipped a little ahead, “I look up to her. She’s a good person, a great fighter, and I’m pretty sure she and G-Dragon-oppa have a ‘thing’ going on.” Zelo smiled and she shrugged, “But whatever. Her love life isn’t my business.”

“What? You’re not interested in it?” He asked a little surprised. CL was all about the other female SAK members and their lives. Wasn’t it the same way with everyone else?

Jilin shrugged, “No. If she wants me to be interested about it, she’ll talk to me about it. But other than that, not really. Though the other girls are pretty interested in that couple.” She continued to walk through the streets and ducked in through the door. The cold air inside refreshed him, making him smile. Aisles filled with junk food, ice cream, fruits, vegetables, etc. were right there, teasing them. “So, what are you craving?” Before he answered, she quickly smiled, “Ooh~I’m craving chocolate.” Running through the store, Zelo struggled to keep up with her.

“Yah! Ji!” He grabbed her wrist and she groaned.

“Zelo, they’re right over there! Please buy them for me!” She hauled him over and grabbed a few chocolate bars, “Mm! Zelo. Please, let’s buy them.” Cutely shoving them in his face, she did her best pouty face, which-he couldn’t lie-was absolutely adorable.

He sighed and looked at them, “Ah, we can’t buy all of these. How much money do you have?” She looked through the money and counted it up, bill by bill.

Looking up, she answered, “Around two hundred thousand won.” She tugged his sleeve, “So can I have it? Please? I’ve been craving chocolate so much. Zico-oppa doesn’t let me have any.”

“Why not?”

“He says I get too hyper.” Zelo couldn’t help but laugh at that, a little louder than he intended, earning him a slap on the shoulder, “Yah, Zelo. It’s not funny.”

“I think we should listen to your brother.”

“You’re no fun-!!”

Before she threw a fit, Zelo rested his hand over hers, “Yah, if we have some money left after shopping for everyone, we can get you some chocolate.” She clapped her hands in happiness, “If we do, just don’t tell Zico.”

“Yah, Oppa won’t kill you.”

“I’m not sure…”

 

-----

Jilin and Zelo walked back to the house, grocery bags layered on their arms and over their shoulders. The girl bumped open the front door with her hip and called out, “I HAVE LUNCH!” The sound of feet clashing with the floor rang throughout the house, calls of glee following. The pair handed back grocery bags, letting their shoulders slump with relief. But still determined to eat something, Jilin jumped onto the counter, her legs hanging off the edge as she plucked up a chocolate bar.

“Yah!” Zico pointed at his sister, “Why’d you get this?”

She meekly replied, “I was craving it. Every girl needs a little chocolate once in a while, Oppa.” Peeling off the wrapper, she stuck it in before Zico could complain to her. Her eyes closed as the sweet flavor touched her tongue and she moaned in happiness. Zelo walked beside her and looked through one of the bags, picking out some junk food he craved as well. She kicked up her legs and looked up at him, “Zelo, be careful. Everyone here is crazy for some chips.” He quickly ducked it under the counter and she laughed, whispering, “You can take it in my room, just be careful if you’re on the bed.” Zelo nodded and sprinted off to Jilin’s room.

He bumped it open with his hips and strode in, resting his body over the bed. Carefully, he picked up chip by chip and placed it into his mouth, the flavor slowly fading as he stopped. Zelo wondered if there was more than just hiding. Hiding from his parents, from the SAK, his friends, everyone…except this one girl he had only met a little over a week ago. He’s grown closer to her than anyone he’s ever known. Knowing details of her, he thought about these same things about his friends. He didn’t know their favorite colors, if their parents were ok or not, what they did outside of school… What did he know? Not enough. His eyes slipped and his mind drifted to sleep.

 

-----

Zelo felt a gentle slap on his skin, but he merely turned away. A soft, melodic voice called his name and he moaned in frustration. Trying to push the tempting voice, Zelo turned his body over and away from it. The comfy surface he laid on dented towards the left and again-this time louder-and another slap was administrated to his cheek. He groaned again until someone forced his right eye open. “YAH!” He cried and sat up, rubbing his eyes fiercely and staring down at the intruder of his sleep. Jilin. He should’ve guessed. “What was that for?” He complained.

She pouted, “I’m bored.”

“So? You woke me up for the fun of it?” His head nearly met the mattress again but she yanked him back up by the arm.

“No! Come train with me! Please?” She begged and tugged his arm viciously. Knowing she was persistent, Zelo reluctantly stepped up and walked side-by-side with her.

He sighed, “You didn’t show me the training room earlier. Is it a private thing?”

She giggled and went through to the garage, tapping a door beneath her foot, “No… But I wasn’t sure if you could handle it or not.” Zelo raised a brow, “Guess we’ll have to see.” Jilin kicked open the door and climbed down, the echo of grunts and screams below.

“Is the entire SAK down there?!” He gaped.

Jilin hummed, “Not sure. Ah, no… The male leaders went out on a ‘scaring spree’. I swear, they’re gonna get arrested.” Jumping down, she called back up, “Let’s go!” Zelo ducked in and followed her. What he saw, kind of threw him off guard. The room for one thing-was entirely made of cement, except for some pads against the walls for safety. The floor was slippery, as if sweat and blood frequently covered it, the walls were also covered with weapons of all sorts from guns to machetes to spears, screams and grunts laced the air as battles and training gang members were sprawled throughout the room. “Ah. Want to scrimmage?” She grabbed a sword from the wall and handed him one.

He took the hilt of one of the swords and sighed, “Wait, why didn’t you ask one of the other members to practice?”

She pouted, “They’re all doing their own thing, and most of them don’t want to fight me. They wanna just do battles with people they’ve lost to before.” Jilin hit the of her sword on the ground and leaned against it, sighing, “I can’t say I’m different though.” Her smirk appeared and Zelo smiled back. In a split second, she had the sword against his chest, the flat side of the metal pressing him. Zelo grunted and pushed her back, lunging and clashing their weapons together. She smiled and flicked her wrist up, his sword going up abruptly, leaving his abdomen open. Her strike was less powerful than a stab in the stomach, but he knew she was trying to be gentle. His previous wounds haven’t healed completely. But neither has hers. It was risky; he didn’t want to hurt her, though he wanted to show that he was clever and strong-like her. Using the of his sword, he smashed it against her leg and she groaned as the dull throbbing pain shot through her bullet-wound. She collapsed, using the sword as support.

“Jilin!” He dropped down next to her, unable to fight the urge to help her, “Are you ok? God, I’m sorry.”

She pushed her hair back, pain ebbing away from her eyes, “It’s ok. But-JESUS-it’s hurting really badly.” She touched her calf and sighed, blood coming off on her fingers, “It re-opened…”

He mentally smacked himself upside the head, “I’m so sorry. I’ll go get some bandages.” He got up, biting his lip as she moaned in pain. Zelo could barely move to the first aid kit before he heard a booming voice:

“JILIN! ARE YOU BLEEDING?!” Zico. Zelo dropped the gauze roll and froze for a split second before picking it up. He turned around and saw Zico bending over his sister. The Block B leader flicked his head up, “What happened? What did you do?” The room went silent. When Zico got mad, it was better to pay close attention.

“Zico-sunbae…” Zelo could barely look into his eyes, “I hit her bullet wound and it re-opened while we were scrimmaging.” His hand let go of the roll of gauze, his legs went in the air, his back hit the wall as well as his head and he groaned in pain. Zelo’s gaze was dizzy, but he could clearly see the anger and distrust in Zico’s eyes.

“Oh my god! Oppa stop it!” But Zico managed a punch to the face-something Zelo took without arguing-before G-Dragon and P.O. yanked him off. Zelo held his cheek without a noise and sighed, he deserved it. Jilin went over to him and held his face, gently caressing the inflicted cheek, “God damn it Zico!” She snapped, “This is gonna bruise really badly.”

Zico growled, throwing off the other two men on his side, “That’s what he gets for hurting you.”

“We were scrimmaging!” She said, not moving her fingers from his face. From the angle Zelo was at, he could see CL look at them. He closed his eyes, knowing he wouldn’t be able to return the glare, “He only did what he thought would win him the fight. Zico, you can’t just ing land a punch on him. Zelo would never hurt me on purpose.”

He snorted, “Oh please-“

“I wouldn’t, Zico-sunbae.” Zelo spoke up, “I would never.” Zico blinked and crossed his arms. Suddenly, Zelo thought he said something that earned him another punch to the face.

But Zico only turned away and said, “Treat your wounds and head to bed you two. I’d like to talk to the leaders and older members in the living room.”

Jilin narrowed her eyes but sighed, holding her bloody calf with her right hand, “Yes Oppa…” Zelo stood up, picking the gauze from the floor and helping Jilin to her room. Once he shut the door, she sat on the bed and groaned, “I’m so sorry, Zelo.”

He shrugged and kneeled down, unrolling the gauze, “It’s no big deal.”

She touched his bruise gently and sighed, “Yes it is. My stupid brother is always too protective of me, especially when it comes to things like things. God and you have to pay the price.” He felt warmed at her concern and smiled. Zelo touched the wound gently.

“Roll up your pants.”

“Excuse me?”

He blushed, “So I can wrap the gauze directly over your wound. It won’t be that effective over your pants. Come on.” She shyly obeyed, making him grin, “Are you nervous?” He taunted and her fierce eyes returned to their rightful place.

She snorted, “Of course not.” Jilin rolled up her pants so he could see the wound and sighed, “It’s bleeding really badly again.” Zelo focused on it and gently wrapped the bandages over it, holding onto the soft spot behind her knees. He tightened it, and she gripped his hair, hissing in pain. Though it ended as soon as it started. Zelo continued and sealed it up, the blood starting to stop.

Zelo smiled and looked at her, “There’s one good thing about your wound re-opening, you know.”

She raised a brow and crossed her arms, her smirk saying that she was interested in his reason, “Oh yeah?” Zelo nodded confidently as she leaned down to him-their noses touching as she whispered, “And what’s that?”

His face went hot, but his smile was still there, “You get the bed.” He was surprised to see a flash of disappointment in her eyes as he stood, but like her pain, it was gone as soon as it showed. It must’ve been his imagination.

“Yah! You’re my guest though! And bleeding doesn’t get me a bed. Say that when I’m decapitated or ing disabled.” He laughed and she stood up, leaning against the mattress as more support.

“Well, Jilin, with your wound opened, I don’t want you on the ground, and I refuse to all extent.” Zelo challenged, “So I guess we’re both not backing out.”

The girl pouted and brushed her hair from her face. Suddenly, she sat back down and he could see the faintest tint of pink on her cheeks, “Ok…I don’t want you on the floor, you don’t want me on the floor. We’re both obviously stubborn people,” He smiled, “so…there’s only one option.”

Zelo nodded and walked to the other side of the bed, “I’ll take this side, and you can take that side. Ok?” He got back up to turn off the lights and locked the door, returning as she settled in her designated side. Teasingly, he said to her, “If you get lonely or cold, I’m here for you.”

“Shut up.”