Excuses

Hell Like No Other

Zelo pried open his eyes, feeling odd about the atmosphere even in his sleep. When he looked beside him, he grunted quietly in surprise. His arms were s around Jilin’s waist, one hand gently on her wound; her head was pressed against his chest and her hand over his heart, clutching his shirt. Her hair felt soft against his neck and the position was so right. Yet…was this what made him feel off in his dreams? His head made contact back with the pillow and he stared at her. She’s really pretty in the dark He thought shamelessly. Cuddling back into her, he pondered about his life now. He was worried about how things would turn out, his social class and literal grade looked at him as the ‘good boy’ and the person people looked up to. With Jilin by his side, his image was going down.

Instantly, he punched himself again in the face. How could he care about something so shallow? His parents did not raise him to be like that, but he was so worried about it. “ing peers.” He breathed. Being a teenager wasn’t the best thing, with everyone pounding things on him. Zelo enviously wished he had an attitude like Jilin’s. She was raised to be herself, while he was raised to listen to every human figure he met. What ever happened to people like her? She curled into him more and sighed against his skin. The hot breath made his spine tingle. Suddenly, the door knob jiggled and Zico’s cussing voice was heard on the other side. Zelo widened his eyes and tried to pull away from Jilin, but she clung onto him. It was too late; he lay limp beside her with his arms over her waist as Zico stepped in, with someone else.

“Look at this Yongguk.” Zico hissed angrily. He felt their shadows linger over them, dangerously and threateningly, “I will not have my sister be attached to him.”

“Well it’s too late, Zico.” Yongguk whispered, “They’re already friends. I’ve never seen Zelo this close to even Jongup. She’s a good influence on him too; her skills and her attitude are good for people their age.”

Zico growled lowly, making him gulp ever so slightly, “This is my sister. I will not have him taint her purity.”

“You sound like CL. Calm down. Zelo was practically born with manners; he’d never do such a thing to her. And we both know it, so don’t be so worked up about this.”

There was a pause and Zelo gently hugged the body next to his tighter, hoping that the leaders would leave. But Zico only continued, “If he tries anything on her, he’ll be out of here as soon as I snap.”

“Even he knows that, Zico.” Yongguk chuckled, “Let’s get out of here. Leave them to sleep.”

“Fine.” Zico snapped and walked back out. The lock was clicked back in place and the door was closed. He sat up and sighed, tapping Jilin’s fingers comfortingly. He was worried now. Worried about him and Jilin, Zico, CL, his image-

“JESUS!” He hissed to himself. Again…with the image. He tried to unwrap her grip on him, but she silently whined and held on tighter. He stopped himself and looked at her. Her hand was trembling and her lip started to quiver. Zelo caressed her face and she smiled to herself and relaxed. How can he deny this girl and his feelings any longer? For God’s sake, he loved her. A lot. But what would admitting such feelings do to her? And to him?

 

The next morning, both Zelo and Jilin got ready for school, he changed in the bathroom while she was in her room. He thought about his realizations the night before and sighed, “God what do I do?” His hand raked his hair and he looked in the mirror. The punch Zico inflicted on him did leave a large purple bruise. Maybe Jilin had something to cover it up. He opened the door, “Hey, Ji do-“ He stopped himself and couldn’t help but stare. Her back was facing towards him but she had only a bra on and those slim fitting jeans.

She turned around, unfazed and scoffed, “Next time, don’t open the door without checking with me.” She said, jokingly, “What’s up?”

He turned around, “Sorry.”

“Aish. We’re not kids, Zelo.” She said and walked in, pulling on the white button down shirt-her bra still visible, “What’s up?”

“Got any makeup to cover this?” He pointed to his bruise and she looked it over, “It’d be a very hard explanation.”

She nodded, “Yea. Wait here.” She grabbed a bag and made him sit on a chair while she sat on the counter, “I don’t usually wear makeup, but CL-unnie gives it anyway in case I feel like it.” She plucked out a bottle of foundation and sighed, “This looks like your skin tone.” Jilin took out a cotton piece and squirted the foundation on before applying it gently to his face, “Oh yea. Doesn’t even look like it’s there.” She smiled. Zelo couldn’t help himself anymore. He looked down her neck and to her open shirt where she still hadn’t been fazed enough to button it up. Her legs looked longer than usual, maybe it was this angle or the way she spread them out like that. Had her lips always looked this inviting? There were so close now, it was killing him. Jilin stopped herself and scoffed, “Like what you see?” She meant it as a joke.

But Zelo was in no joking mood, “Hell yea.” He grabbed her hips and pushed her against the mirror, his fingers keeping a firm hold on her. His emotions were getting the best of him. Did love have this effect?

She crossed her arms. How could she still be unfazed by this? “Even though I’m a -I wouldn’t do friendship .” She smirked.

He bit his lip, “Then how about I make love to you?” That really surprised her. He could see it in her eyes, the smirk went away and he groaned, “This feeling is driving me insane. I don’t care if Zico or CL come to cut my off-but god I think I love you.”

Jilin tilted her head, “Are you drunk?”

“Is it really that hard for you to believe me? Is it really that hard for you to not even consider me falling in love with you?”

She shook her head, “No… It’s just I hope that we can both remember this.” She jumped on him and his mouth attacked her neck, her legs wrapping over his waist. Her eyes closed and her fingers pulled at his hair as she moaned, “ Zelo…” He groaned into her neck and pulled away, going for her lips. The kiss was passionate, all their built up feelings for each other were let out into this one kiss. He held her closer, needing to feel her skin on his. But she pulled away and gasped for air, “Wait, Zelo.”

“What?” He breathed, still holding her.

“I don’t want Zico or CL to come and ing kill you.” She chuckled, “You know, I think I love you too. But let’s not push it to .”

He blushed, “I didn’t mean for it to-“

“It’s ok. Let’s just get to school. Alright?” She brushed her hair in the mirror and buttoned up her shirt, “. You left a mark on my neck.” Jilin grabbed some foundation and began to cover it up, smiling, “I didn’t expect someone to find my sweet spot so fast.”

Zelo ruffled his hair more, “Well, I guess we’ve been around each other a while that my mouth just knows where to pleasure you.” Jilin blushed and he smirked, “So what does this mean? That kiss…and…”

She shrugged, “Being together would be tough. I mean, Zico and CL are sharpening their knives as we speak. And your friends are already pissed.”

Zelo blinked, “We can try secretly dating. I mean, until the idea gets warmed up to.” She bit her lip and he leaned into her, “I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s ok.” She walked out and locked her door, “Let’s get going.” The walk was agonizingly quiet and slow. Zelo wished he didn’t make her feel so upset about dating him, but that kiss was overdue.

He took her hand and smiled at her, “Look, Jilin. I’m upset about this too. But it’s the right thing to do. Please don’t be mad.”

She sighed, “I’m not upset. I understand where your intentions are. I just…I’m sorry I’m putting you through another lie.” He stepped back a little. He hadn’t realized it, but he did. He lied again, and he suggested it.

“You know, that’s ok. I’d go through another lie for you.”

Jilin smiled and hugged him, kissing his chin, “Thank you. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. Being friends in public is good.” She took out her hand and continued walking, “Let’s hurry up!” Zelo hurried after her and she pushed open the gate.

Zelo slowed his run to a walk and paused to look up at the sky when something caught his eye. A group of girls and his friends, on the roof…with buckets of colorful liquid. He squinted his eyes and saw them starting to tip the buckets down, one of the girls counting down from three. “JILIN WATCH OUT!” He screamed. She looked up as the water began to fall and did a front flip forward, landing in Zelo’s arms. He pushed her back and looked up, “Are you crazy es or something?! You guys are s! What the Hell?!” Zelo grabbed Jilin’s arm and dragged her in the building, “Go to class, I’ll be right there.”

She scoffed, “You know I can take care of myself.”

“So why did you fall into my arms?” He smirked, “Go to class please.” She blushed and started walking away to class as Zelo went to the opposite direction, meeting up with the group on the roof. He growled, “What the was that?!”

Changjo glared, “What the was that? She jumped into your arms and you pushed her behind you like you were some sort of super hero. What’s going on Junhong? What’s with you and Jilin?”

His breath was heavy, and he took a look around. People were starting to whisper and gather, he quickly replied, “Nothing. She fell against me and I pushed her inside. There’s nothing more to it-or do you want to challenge me?”

No one spoke up, but his friends looked relieved. Plus, ‘Junhong’ was known for having amazing fighting skills from lessons his ‘father’ had actually given him, and also had sharp reflexes, as if he can predict moves. Minhyun smiled and wrapped an arm around his friend’s neck, “I knew you weren’t with that gang girl. Not your type.” You don’t know what my type is at all. He thought, but kept it to himself.

Instead, he smiled faintly, “Yeah…ok.”