The Fall Back Life

Hell Like No Other

 

Zelo woke up, late Sunday night. He was taking a nap, only to be interrupted by his phone alarm. He turned around in his bed, stretching and rubbing his face. His dark blue hair fell on his forehead, tickling his skin, making him flinch. He sat up, his blanket falling to his waist and took his phone up: Kick Time. Zelo slapped himself in the forehead, “! It’s already ten-thirty?!” He got out of bed and threw open his dresser door, pulling jeans and a loose gray t-shirt on. He grabbed his jacket, yanked on his shoes and called out to his parents, “I’m gonna go out!”

“Where to?” His mom asked.

Zelo quickly turned back and smiled, “Out to the library. I’ll be helping friends out with homework. Don’t worry about me; I’ll be back with enough sleep for school.” His mom agreed with a smile and he hurried out, cussing to himself. “God I hope Yongguk doesn’t kill me.” He pleaded and continued to run off. His feet carried him through the familiar dark streets and allies, climbing over a too familiar fence and jumping down with the agility he came to know as instinct.

“YAH! ZELO!” The young male flinched and turned around, ready for scolding. Yongguk appeared before him in his usual sleeveless black shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. His muscles were tense, face grim, “Where have you been?! I’ve had to delay the meeting for ten minutes because of your absence! Do you know how un-professional that is?!”

Zelo bowed his head, “I’m sorry Hyung. I fell asleep and lost track of time. I deserve full punishment for my mistake.” He was always like this, and Yongguk would sometimes give him a slap on the head.

But this time was different, “No time for that, Zelo. Let’s just get going. The others are waiting inside the Warehouse.” Somewhat surprised, Zelo stumbled forward. How odd, usually he walked this path with a dull throbbing in his head. It felt oddly fresh though. The two marched along the path and stopped in front of a large building. It was dark, gray and black in certain shadows and lightings. The air around it was cold, yet the faint noise inside was filled with life. Yongguk looked back, “Don’t be late again or else everyone will get rowdy and things will get out of hand. Understood?”

The younger male nodded vigorously, “Yes, Hyung. I understand.” Yongguk pushed open the door and walked in confidently.

“Aish! Shut up!” The room silenced and everyone fell back into their seats. The Warehouse had merely one bright light-which seemed to be enough-shining down on a long wooden table. The balcony up above had people sitting down, legs over the edges as they watched their leader down below. Yongguk gently pushed Zelo towards the staircase and he hurried up, meeting with the other members of his team. They all wore dark clothing to match their new darkly dyed hair-brown, blue, black, etc.-Himchan leaning over the railing, smirking, Daehyun and Youngjae pressing their chins to the metal and Jongup was flicking his switchblade. In and out, it glowed from the light’s reflection.

“You’re late.” Himchan said and looked back at him, “Maknae, you gotta stay on time.” He teased.

Zelo sighed and sat beside Jongup, “Hey. I fell asleep, don’t blame me.” He poked Himchan’s leg as Yongguk’s deep voice echoed.

“Alright. Now we can start.”

One of the other leaders snorted, “About time. I was about to kick some myself.” He stretched out and grinned wickedly, crossing his legs up on the table.

Yongguk scowled, even from ten feet above it was visible, “Leave that to the Maknaes, G-Dragon.” G-Dragon chuckled and stood up, digging around in his pockets. Yongguk and the other leaders did the same, throwing down their weapons on the table. Jongup looked up and nudged Zelo.

“You’re up today. I did it last time.”

Zelo groaned, “But Hyung, I can’t!” Immediately, he regretted his complaint.

Jongup raised a brow, “Why not? You’ve done it before, this shouldn’t be a problem.” Zelo bit his lip and sighed.

“Ok.”

Zelo brushed off his pants and silently thought about how to hide his injuries when he came home… He stood up and waited for the signal. But the leaders only just finished emptying their pockets, a pile of various guns and knives toppled over each other. One of the female leaders, Victoria clutched the table, under the suspicious glance of CL. Zelo always wondered why girls were so competitive with each other, more than their opposite counterpart. But he decided it was more of pride than anything else. Zico tossed his final knife on the table and sat back down, head high. G-Dragon smiled, “Good. Now bring down the Maknaes.” Zelo headed for the staircase and walked down. He was the youngest Maknae there was, but his height was a somewhat advantage. He always felt intimidated by the other ones, each were so talented with their weapons, being in the ‘game’ for a much longer time than him. Each team had to sacrifice their Maknae to the ‘game’, it was a rule. Those who are younger than nineteen must take part in a fight. That’s why both Jongup and Zelo take turns; soon it’ll be just Zelo. No matter how old the Maknae-they were the Maknae, therefore they had to step up.

There was the oldest-Seungri who was twenty-two years old. Zelo was sure he had at least seven years of experience and like six years of age on him. Seungri was a joker; he knew that, he liked to taunt, to make fun of and to put down his competition.  Seungri was also a gifted shooter-not with a gun, but with his bow and arrows. He never left anywhere without his arrows. Practice-after all-did make perfect. Then there’s PO, who was twenty, Block B’s Maknae. He did have only a year or two of experience on Zelo, but he was great with a pair of daggers. Zelo has witnessed how PO can easily cut up a wooden dummy to kindle. It’d be a lie if Zelo said he wasn’t scared. Next up was Minzy, she turned nineteen this year. Her group, 2NE1 have been in the field since 2009. Minzy was about as talented as Seungri but with a gun. She was a kick- sharp shooter. Last was Krystal who also came up in 2009 with her group f(x). She may look a bit on the innocent side; Zelo knew not to underestimate opponents-she was fast. Yongguk gave him a pat on the back and smirked, “Go get ‘em, Zelo.”

Zelo smiled, but was really worrying about what would happen after the fight. The leaders all made way back up to their other team mates, Yongguk and G-Dragon closed the gates to the staircases and quickly walked back up to the balcony. B.A.P’s leader nodded his head and G-Dragon proudly cried out, “Maknaes-START!” Zelo looked around, even though he was still the newest Maknae, he knew the building just as well as the others. It was considered a forfeit if you go straight to the pile-anyone could just grab a weapon and hit you right then and there. But Zelo went for it anyway.

“YAH! WHAT THE HELL ZELO?!” Yongguk screamed after him, but he still ran for it. The others saw his considered fatal mistake and exchanged silent glances to get the Maknae of Maknaes out first. But Zelo managed to pick up a gun and slide under the table just as an arrow made contact with the ground behind him. He panted and ran off to the side of the wall, hearing the others run after him.

“Jesus you’re stupid!” He heard Seungri call, a bullet shooting past his ear. Minzy was on his left, Seungri on his right, he heard PO right behind him. But where was Krystal? Was she already out? No, he processed it too late. She appeared in front of him, daggers in each hand, ready to strike. Zelo dodged one, but the other cut him right below the collarbone. He barely flinched.

The object of scrimmaging was not to kill, but to simply weaken your enemies. It was a test of skill, Maknaes are a representative of the group, it doesn’t matter if you get out first, but how long you stayed up and how well you kept going. “Aw! Damn!” She whined and lunged again, this time getting Zelo’s cheek and stomach. The younger male winced a bit but pushed forward. The others behind him were gaining, only waiting to see if Krystal would finish him. “Face it Zelo, you’re always first out.”

But not this time, he jumped up; kicking Krystal’s back, making her fall against Minzy. The two girls went to the ground, groaning as their heads spun. Zelo grinned; he’s always wanted to try that. Usually the girls would go on at it, leaving the three guy teams to battle each other. But Zelo could see this time was different. Minzy was impatient, she shouldered PO who quickly caught his balance and forgot about Zelo at that moment. Krystal managed to get a cut on Seungri on his left flank, a pretty deep gash but Seungri kept going at her. They were all occupied. Zelo saw his chance and quickly made use of it. Zelo shuffled in his pockets and took out a small metal disk, sticking it on the wall behind him. Making it secure, he took out a dagger and ran forward. Krystal saw him coming, but it wasn’t her he wanted out. Zelo stabbed Seungri in the left thigh, making him scream for a mere second. “Ah! !” He left the dagger impaled in the eldest Maknae and moved on to PO. Minzy-like Krystal-caught Zelo’s advances and shoved PO towards him. Zelo placed the gun on PO’s leg and fired. He crumpled, groaning and cussing. Two of the three males were out. That only left the girls against Zelo.

Minzy looked up at Krystal and pointed her pistol at Zelo, “Did that really just happen?”

“Yea, I know right?”

Zelo rolled his eyes and dragged the two men out of the ring, placing them at the sidelines under 2NE1 and BIG BANG, “What? I’ve improved since last time, right?” He smiled proudly.

Krystal twirled the dagger through her fingers and returned the smile, “Definitely. But you know Minzy and I can take you down.”

“I know. “ He casually walked back to where he was before, “That’s why I thought beforehand.” They looked confused and turned to run. But Zelo punched the disk on the wall, shooting a few darts forward. Two hit Minzy’s back and leg, making her fall. The last one barely got Krystal’s arm, but it still got her. She fainted as well. Zelo walked up and poked them, “They’re done too!”

Seungri-who had gotten the dagger out of his leg-looked up, “Whoa!” He slapped his forehead, “Darts! That’s so smart!” Scraping metal rang in the Warehouse and CL ran forward, checking on her own Maknae.

“Yah! Zelo! Minzy has training tomorrow!” CL complained, picking up Minzy’s limp body. Her cat-like eyes pierced through Zelo and Yongguk, and she said, “That was smart though. You’ve really come a long way fast, B.A.P.” 2NE1’s eldest, Bom helped her leader take Minzy up the steps and set her down.

G-Dragon and his second eldest, Taeyang did the same for Seungri. Krystal and PO were also carried up beside the other injured Maknaes. Zico walked down, bouncing in his step, “Let’s get this meeting over with. I got family issues I have to settle!”

The leaders took a seat around the table, the other members beside or behind them. Zelo nervously checked his phone, it was almost eleven. He bit his lip; he’d have to get home soon. G-Dragon chuckled, propping his feet back up on the table, “You’re not the only one with family problems, Zico.” He eyed Zelo and pointed at him, “B.A.P must be getting better and better. Last time this guy went in the ring, he was the first one down, five minutes in.”

Victoria nodded and leaned back, “It’s impressive, really. I half expected Krystal to get you back there. Teach ‘em well, don’t you Yongguk?”

The called out leader grinned, “I think so. But it’s more explained in the battles.” He grabbed his own weapons and returned them to their places in his jacket and pockets, “So listen, are we all still up for Battle of the Best in a couple weeks?” They nodded, making Zelo curse under his breath. He had finals that week.

“Hyung, uh, I don’t think I can go.” He quickly said, silencing everyone.

TOP, BIG BANG’s eldest member sat up and crossed his arms, “But you kicked earlier. We need you to win, just in case one of the leaders go down. Plus it’s huge. I thought we talked about this last meeting?”

Zelo bit his lip, they did. But he didn’t know about finals until a few days earlier. Yongguk nudged him, “Come on Z, you have to come. The SAK will look bad without everyone there.” SAK-Society’s Kick. All the teams-BIG BANG, 2NE1, f(x), Block B and B.A.P were just units used for more intense training. “You said you’d go.”

“I know, but something important came up.” He looked around the room and sighed, “I’ll…I’ll see if I can do anything about it though.”

Himchan slapped his back, “There we go.” He grinned.

CL stretched in her seat, “Alright. Anything else? I gotta get Minzy to bed.”

Zico raised his hand, “Yea. One more thing.” He shifted to look at her, “I got…someone who’s willing to join 2NE1.” The rest to Zelo was just a blur. He had to figure things out. Plus, he was sure it was nothing big.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you to my first 3 subbies: jo_jae_min, AlwaysAnElf and Heartlessmind13 ^^ Hope you guys enjoy. It's a bit wordy though xP

Comment Subscribe and LOVE (.^_^.)

-TAIwin<3