The News

Karma Bites Back. HARD

AND AGAIN, IF YOU FORGOT.

KOREAN= BLUE

CHINESE= RED

~~~

Taking a glimpse of your watch, you were shocked to see that it was already 7:45. You facepalmed and let out a grunt of annoyance. Looking at yourself in the mirror one last time and seeing the giant brown and grey sweater hanging around your folds of fat, long brown skirt that reached your knees, white frilly socks and worn out old tennis shoes. Trailing your eyes up to your face, you saw the wide, round spectacles, chubby face, crooked teeth, and a bird’s nest of hair.

Letting out a sigh, and “Oh well, I look ok,” you stepped towards the door.

“BYE DAD!” You called out, pulling the door closed behind you.

After a brief walk to the school, you were already slightly panting. Reaching the school gates, you were met with the sight of a whole mob of fangirls screaming in the direction in which you just came. Turning around to see what the commotion was all about, you saw that the girls (and a few fanboys) were all screaming over your brother.

Yifan walked onto the school’s grounds like a god. Giving a small grin and a “tch”, you turned around and bumped into a hard chest, falling down onto the ground. Scrambling to get up from the stumble, you looked up to be met with the eyes of Kai, the “Golden boy” of the school. While your brother was the King and well respected and looked up to, Kai was the bad boy, the dancer, and the playboy of the school.

Lightly trembling, you looked up at him and was that 4 Minute, the Queenkas, were trailing behind him, pointing at you and whispering at you.

“Look what the cat dragged in…I thought you were ugly in 8th grade, but CLEARLY, that wasn’t true, because it seems that over the summer, you’ve gotten even fatter AND uglier.” Kai snickered, the girls behind him giggling like fools along with him.

“I say, we teach her a lesson. It looks like she needs it. I mean, look at her. She can’t even walk right without hitting someone with all her blubber.” Hyuna voiced.

It seemed like they all came out with an agreement. One second,you were standing up looking at the ground, and the next, you were ON the ground, face pushed onto it, the cold floor chilling your cheek and causing discomfort. They pushed you around, yelling insults like “You’re so fat that I could take all your blubber and have a never ending amount of butter.” And things like that.

(A/n: Ok guys, I’m not really good at coming up with insults cuz’ I never really insult people in general. And when I do, it’s like “wow, what a poopy head” or similar things. Yeah. Peace! ~)

After a while, the 5 minute bell rang and they let you off. You quickly scurry off to your locker and rush to class. Reaching your homeroom classroom, you greeted the teacher and looked at the seating chart. Finding your name, you then searched for your best friend, Kim Lina’s seat. Delighted to find that it was on the right of you, you proceeded to see who was on the left of you. Groaning, you saw that it was the one and only Kai. Letting out a sigh, you trudged to your seat in the back and sat down with a heavy thump.

When Lina turned up, you two squealed and chatted about events that took place during the summer. You missed her a lot.

“Hey Jinghwa, you totally missed the BEST party ever, last week. It was so fun! Like there was good food, nice drinks, and a lot of people. The music was epic and I could have found a dance partner for you! Why didn’t you come?” Lina chattered.

“Oh, yeah my dad had to go to this work banquet and he forced me and Yifan to go with him.” You replied, grimacing at the memory of all the people staring at you as you walked in with your brother.

The two of you chatted for a while longer, till all the rest of the class streamed in.

Soon, the heavy flow of students coming into the classroom became a slow trickle. As the remaining stragglers slipped in, the last one to enter was Kai himself. After looking at the seating chart, a small smirk plastered itself onto his face, and he stalked towards you and Lina.

He sat down with a grace, and a small chuckle. The teacher then walked in, and everyone went silent. The teacher led the greetings, and celled each student up to receive their schedules. Hearing your name being called, you stood up and wallowed your way through the sea of legs. Out of nowhere, Jihyun’s leg came out and tripped you, the whole class laughing as you fell.  Face beet red from embarrassment, you hurried back to your seat after grabbing the paper from your teacher. Comparing your schedule to Lina’s you guys only had one class separate from each other, math.

Starting class, the teacher went over the rules and regulations of the school, while you, in the back were being poked and prodded by Kai.

Throughout the class, you kept sending Lina “help me” looks, but all she gave you were sympathetic faces in return. Finally, after like an eternity of waiting, the bell rang and signaled that class was over. Rushing out of your seat and to the door as fast as your 180 pound self could, you were suddenly stopped by a pair of unseen heels, one on each side of you. Unsuspecting you, completely missed the fact that there was a 5 inch stiletto heel in front of you, and just barreled into it, taking you down.

Laughter could be heard all around you, and 4 Minute stood triumphantly and Jihyun latched onto Kai’s arm. Lina, who stood up quickly and rushed over to where you sat on the ground, helped you up and ushered you out of the room.

“Are you ok, Jinghwa? That looked like a pretty nasty fall. Tch. Those bastards. How could they just trip you like that? What if you had gotten seriously injured? Are you sure you’re fine? No scratches, bruises, or bleeding?” Lina’s rapid fire questions confused you.

“Yes yes, I’m fine, Lina. There’s no need to worry. Hey, I need to go to the restroom, so you can go ahead to math first. I’ll just meet you there later, ok?” You asked.

“Oh…ok. Fine, but don’t be late, or else I’ll go and hunt you down!” She said, a playful smile on her face.

“Alright, will do, capt’n!” You saluted and marched away, giggling like a fool.

Once again not watching where you were going, you bumped into another person. Praying that it wasn’t 4 Minute or Kai, you looked up and saw that it was Yifan. Yifan saw the little bruise that you had hidden from Lina on your cheek, where you had hit a desk when falling. But there were people around, and he could do nothing to help you.

Sending signals to him through your eyes, you walked away, not acknowledging him at all, only bowing low and saying “Sorry Sunbaenim,” to him.

He gave a little nod of his head, and you knew the message had been received.

Soon, math rolled by, with no trouble other than trying to explain to Lina the quadratic formula. 7th period soon came around, and it was PE, your worst subject. Changing in the changing rooms was embarrassing, so you had to change in the showers, Lina guarding the curtain to ensure extra protection. Once out, the coach called roll and blew the whistle to get everyone’s attention.

“Listen up!” he yelled. “Today we are doing jogging, since the summer just passed and a lot of you are still used to being on your lazy asses! We’ll jog for a total of 15 minutes, with five 1 minute breaks between every 3 minutes of jogging. I better see all of you working hard, or else those who aren’t jogging will have to redo it tomorrow morning!” he shouted, causing everyone to groan.

Then he set the timer, and, blowing his whistle once more, started the jog. Everyone was doing well except for you. Everyone was joking around with their friends, laughing and not being as out of breath as you. You were thinking about how fat you were and how tired you were, when the first 1 minute break started. The class walked around the track and Lina rambled in your ear, talking about something that happened in science earlier that day.

Eventually, you just tuned her out, as it was easier to just ignore it than to act like you were listening and pant out answers.

Finally, the jogging was over, and a game of volleyball started. So far, 4 minute and Kai, who were in your PE class, did nothing to you, but as soon as the game started, they purposely aimed their spikes at you. Lina, however, was left untouched.

Lina turned towards you and whispered, “Your brother’s looking at you.”

You looked up, and sure enough, he was there, looking at you guys. Hyuna, who thought that Yifan was looking at her, strutted her way over to him and clutched onto his arm, making a pouty face and cooing about something stupid.

“Oppaaaa~ “ she whined. “You didn’t take me out last week. Me, your girlfriend.”

“Yifan stiffened and pushed her away. “One, don’t call me oppa, only Kris. Two, You. Are. Not. My. Girlfriend.”

“But OPPAAAA~” she whined even more, lips blowing up in an even larger pout.

He just shakes her off, walking away to his friends. The class goes on, you and Lina chatting about some random things and your favorite band, SHINee.

After 7th period ended, it was time to go home. Saying your goodbyes to Lina, you walked home in the bright sunlight, mood slightly down because of the 3rd round of bullying you had endured from 4 Minute after school.

Returning home, you halfheartedly called out “I’m home!”

Yifan walked past you and said “Dad wants to talk to us upstairs.”

Following him up the stairs, the two of you walked in together.

Your dad was sitting, and he spoke. “Kids, today my boss gave me a raise. I am now the vice president of Hwang’s corporations. But, to take this job, we must move to Canada. So, I’ve decided that we are moving!” He clapped his hands to add effect.

You and Yifan just stood there, dumbfounded. You were overjoyed, elated even. While you knew that Yifan would be a bit more reluctant than you, due to his popularity and the great amount of friends that he had at school.

Your dad said that you guys would be moving out in two weeks, and the whole family started to pack.

~~~

Hello! This is the second chapter! It's a bit long, but I put in a lot of effort. I hope you enjoy my story and subscribe/upvote and comment! Thank you.