Screwed Up

Karma Bites Back. HARD

CHINESE= RED

ENGLISH= PURPLE

KOREAN= BLUE

 

~~~

 

You watched as her face went from offended to overly smiley.

“Oh! Kris! Is this your sister you were telling me about? Wow hi! I’m Sarah, Kris’ girlfriend.” She quickly got up to hug me. I shrunk back a bit.

“Great. Hi Kris’ girlfriend. Uh, you’re in my seat.” Your mouth opened and words you never actually wanted to say spewed out like venom.

Her facial expression shifted and her body visibly stiffened.

“Mei! How could you act this way?” Your brother sternly spoke, a disapproving look spread over his features.

“I don’t know. Why did she have to sit in my seat?” You said, surprising even yourself. What was making you act like that? You never spoke that way to anyone before, especially not to anyone important to your brother and especially not in front of your father and friends.

“Wu Jinghwa! I will not have you speak to guests of this house in this fashion! Now you either shut your trap and sit down where there’s space, or go back upstairs, because your attitude calls for some reflecting.” Kris fumed, face turning a slight shade of red.

You were about to open your mouth and talk back much to your dismay, when Sarah stood and picked up her plate, placing a hand on Kris’ shoulder.

“No, it’s alright. I shouldn’t have just barged into your family’s home and ruined dinner like this. I’m sorry, Kate. I’ll just go sit over there, alright? Here you go.” She walked around the table and sat next to your father, across from Kris.

You were frozen. You hadn’t wanted things to end like this. Heck, you didn’t even know what on earth made you act out like that. So you just shut your mouth, teeth making a clashing sound as they ground, and stiffly walked to your usual space, face burning in what the others thought was and angry flush.

Needless to say, no matter how much Kris’ girlfriend blabbed and tried to lift the mood, that dinner was awkward and tense. Even Heechul, who was like family, didn’t utter a single word.

 

~~~

 

 “What the hell is wrong with you?! Not only did you disrespect Sarah in front of the entire family, you also embarrassed me.  In fact, you embarrassed all of us. Me, Heechul, dad, and yourself. How could you do that? I don’t know what was wrong with you tonight, but you had better fix it before the next time I bring Sarah home for dinner, understood?” Kris rages, pacing your room with a frown deeply etched upon his face. Sarah had already gone home, and the minute he had come back from sending her home, he barged into your room, giving you a long talk and basically venting.

“Crystal.” You whisper, feeling ashamed in yourself and toeing the floor.

“Good, now wash up and get to bed. There’s still school tomorrow.” Kris stalks out of the room with a huff.

You slowly walk to your dresser, pulling open the wooden door and grabbing a big shirt and some basketball shorts. With a sigh you close it with your hip, turning to make your way towards the underwear drawer when you gasp and stumble back, clutching your chest.

“What the heck Hee!” You scream, reaching an arm out to smack him upon the head.

He ducks and scrambles away, covering his face from your blows. “Stop hitting me! Gosh!” He ducks as your fist narrowly misses his head.

You take a deep breath and pinch your nose. “What are you doing here, Heechul? I’ve already got enough stress on my back without you adding more.”

He step back, feigning a look of utter shock. “Gasp! How could you be so mean to me?! I’m just here to spend the night with you, ya know? I already asked your dad. He said yes as long as I don’t do anything weird with you.” He shoots a erted smile at you and wiggles his eyebrows.

You shove his face away from yours. “Whatever. I feel like crap. A piece of crap drowning in guilt ugh.” You walk to your underwear drawer and open it up. You’re just about to grab a pair of white ones when a hand clutches onto the black lacy ones that Heechul had bought you long ago.

“Why don’t you wear these today?” Heechul asks, thumbing the smooth silk. “I’m almost 99.99999% sure you never touched them after the day I gave them to you.” He shoves them at you.

“No way in hell am I going to wear those.” You snarl, eyes narrowing at the offensive article of clothing.

“Hahaha! Am I hearing no? Listen here. I bought these for you with my own hard earned money you better ing wear them sometime and I’m telling you now so you better listen to me you little brat, or I’ll  make you.” He whispers.

“Psh yeah? How?” you ask incredulously. “How are you going to ‘make me’ if you can’t even keep yourself from getting beat by me?”

He smirks. “You think you could actually beat me? Hell naw, girlfriend. I let you win. So unless you want me to force you, because believe me, I can, you better put these on and be a good girl.” He shoves the into your hand and pushes you into the restroom.

You grumble, knowing you’ve lost, and trudge inside, closing the door firmly behind you.

An hour later Heechul lies next to you on your bed, clothed in Kris’ old stuff he grew out of long ago, and you in your big shirt, basketball shorts, and the black silk laced . The two of you stare at the ceiling, on which you had stuck on some glow-in-the-dark stars.

“What are you going to do now that you’ve ed up?” Heechul asks, turning to face you.

“I don’t know. I didn’t even mean to say all that. It just happened.” You whisper, adjusting to the pillow beneath your head and burrowed your face into it. You felt guiltier and guiltier, the churning feeling in your stomach turning into a tidal wave of feelings and tightening the knot in your chest.

“Shhh…It’ll be alright, it’s fine. Don’t cry, baby, no tears.” Heechul your hair gently when the sniffles came out, and soon, you were sobbing into your pillow. He turned your face and pulled you closer to his chest, cooing soft words of assurance and happy things. You continued to bawl within his embrace, wetting his shirt for the second time. The two of you fell asleep like that, you wrapped in his arms and face buried in his shoulder, his head resting atop yours, the both of you cocooned in each other’s warmth. 

 

~~~

 

Hi, it's me again. I'm going to update more often from now on. That was my new years resolution. To at least upload one chapter every 2 weeks or less. I'm going to try to stick to that. I'm going to try VERY hard. Also, send me some feedback of how this story's going! I'm sorry that we haven't gotten to the good part yet, but I just want to build and break more relationships before the Wu's go back to Korea and Kate kicks some . So yeah, basically to sum it all up, I'm evil. But I am also an angel. Deal with it. Okay, baiiii!

Comment, Subscribe, and Upvote!