Home Sweet Home

Karma Bites Back. HARD

ENGLISH IS IN PURPLE

CHINESE IS IN RED

~~~

“Ah, wow, ge! The air here is really different from Korea! It’s so fresh.” I say, jumping up and down and twitching all over. We were waiting in line to catch a cab, already having our suitcases and ready to go to our new house.

“Haha, it sure is, isn’t it, baby.” Yifan replies, also taking a deep breath of the fresh, crisp Canadian air.

“Come, kids. Load all the stuff into the trunk and get in.” Our father says, already opening up the trunk and putting his things in. In the end, all of our things wouldn’t fit, so I had to sit next to Yifan, cradling a small suitcase on my lap, as Yifan had to get crushed by a large suitcase containing all the heaviest things.

Reaching our new house after a one hour trip from the airport, I stepped out of the car only to behold a very pretty house. A small gate stood in front of the structure, and a garden was visible from the outside. Clean angles and many windows gave the house a modern and simple feel. It was awesome.

Staring for too long, I was startled when my father nudged me with his elbow and gently pushed me closer to the gates.

“Ok, once we get into the house, put down all the suitcases and we’ll assign rooms later. All of our appliances have been placed into the house already according to my taste, so all we need to do is choose rooms and move in!” Dad said, clapping his hands with a large smile on his face.

He unlocked the gate and we walked in. I was captivated by the magnificent flowers in the garden, reds, yellows, purples, and greens flashing by as we made our way into the house.

Inside, it was nice a cozy. A small kitchen was on the right and a living room was on the left. The master bedroom and a bathroom were located farther back, and the rest of the rooms were upstairs, another bathroom connecting the two. (A/n: I’m sorry I’m no good at architecture. Even if I was good, I wouldn’t be able to describe it anyways. T.T) I took the left bedroom and Yifan took the right. After half an hour of settling in, father called us downstairs.

“So as you know, school is still in right now. Since we’ve come in the middle of the semester, you go to school tomorrow. Now, come with me to the bus stop, we need to get your schedules. We’ll get a car tomorrow.” Dad says, waving for us to follow him.

We ride the bus for about 15 minutes and arrive at the school. I read the sign. SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL SECONDARY it says. Walking in, we go into the front office and talk to the lady at the desk.


“Hello. Welcome to Churchill Secondary. How may I help you?” She asks politely.

“Ah, hello. We just moved here today and I would like to get my kid’s schedules.”

“What is your last name?”

“Wu. W-U”

“Ok, Jinghwa and Yifan?” She has trouble pronouncing the syllables.

“Yes Ma’am.”

“Alrighty then, I’ll have that printed for you in a moment.” She walks away to the back room where I assume the printer is located.

Good thing that father knew how to speak English well enough to communicate smoothly.

Once she comes back, we get the papers and then return home. 

~~~

OK, I'M SORRY EVERYONE. i FAIL AND i WAS GONNA WRITE MORE, BUT THEN i LOST MY BOOK THAT HELD ALL MY REFERENCES AND PLOT STUFF AND RESEARCH. I'M VERY SORRY. I WILL MAKE THE NEXT UPDATE LONGER. DON'T KILL ME!! JAEBAL! COMMENT, UPVOTE, AND SUBSCRIBE! <3