I dunno what to call this. Filler?

Karma Bites Back. HARD

The next day, you went to school almost happily. Humming a soft tune to yourself as you walked through the house. Yifan noticed and stopped you in the middle of ~Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah, Oh Yea Yeah Yeah~

“What the heck is going on with you, Jinggie? You never sing. No- you never even smile nowadays.” He said, looking a bit concerned for you.

“Oh no, everything’s fine. I’m just happy that we’ll be moving out of this hellhole soon and off to CANADA!!! Yifan, I heard that over there, there are all-you-can-eat pancakes everywhere!” You squealed, jumping up and down loudly at the prospects of all-you-can-eat-free food.

Putting his two hands down on your shoulders to calm you down and bring you back to the ground, he laughed and said, “Haha! Jinggie, I don’t think that there are all-you-can-eat-pancakes over in Canada. But don’t worry; we’ll still be able to eat pancakes till we burst!”

Then the two of you walked out of the house, said your goodbyes. You gave him a smile and a short hug, and walked your separate ways to school.  Reaching the school, your good mood immediately shifted. The smile slipped off your face, and the happy tune died with a cracked ~eah~.

Walking into the building, everyone was gossiping about something. It seemed like everyone was on their phones. You just didn’t understand what was going on. Why were people looking at you with harsher glares than usual? The whispers buzzing through the hallway died down as you walked through. Then, blocking your way, was 4 minute, chewing their gum and strutting down the hall in their skin tight skirts and 6 inch heels.

Stopping in front of you, Jihyun spat her gum out on your face. “Heh, our little Jinghwa…you look like today…like always. Why don’t the girls and I try and…FIX you, hm?” A sinister smile showed on each of the member’s faces.

Backing up, I tried to make myself as small as possible, not even caring about the disgusting tuty fruty gum sticking to my check, slowly stretching its way down my face. They reached for me, and it a few moments, my world was filled with pain. Kicks, slaps, punches, they all rained down on me. 

A kick to my stomach, “Oooph!” my breath was lost.

A slap to my face, “Ahh!” a new slash appears.

A punch to my throat, “Ugh!” A bruise slowly forms.

All of this, over and over again.

The assault went on for what seemed like a long time. Faintly, in the distance, I heard the late bell ring, and the hits slowly came to a stop.

“ That’s what you get for going near our precious Yifan oppa.” The girls said, and walked away, laughing and high-fiving each other, leaving me lying limp in the hallway. After laying there for what seemed like an eternity, you finally got up wobbly, and slowly hobbled your way to the infirmary. Collapsing on a chair in the small office, the nurse gave you a sympathetic smile and led you to a large cot, especially made for your size.

Sitting down, you accepted the 2 painkillers that she handed you, and downed them with a glass of water. Lying down, you made yourself as comfortable as possible, and eventually drifted off to sleep. Waking up to a gently shaking, you forced your eyes open and blearily looked around. Sitting next to you was your brother, looking worried, angry, and sad.

“I should have known what was going on as soon as I saw a group starting to form in the hall. I’m sorry that I didn’t come to save you. I’m the tiest brother in the world. Worthless. Can’t even help his sister when she’s hurt.” He covered his face with his hands and bent over your bedside.

“I am so sorry. I’ll try my very best to protect you from now on. I don’t even care that people will know that we’re related.” He said, determination shining in his eyes.

“It’s fine, ge. I knew that this was going to happen when I came to school today. It’s normal, except they hit me more than usual today.” You said.

“No. I just said that I’d take better care of you from now on, and I will. No more ignoring you. I’m going to become a good brother.” He pounded his clenched fist on the bed.

Later, when you felt well enough to go back to class, you entered your math class quietly, head down, avoiding eye contact with anything and everything. Taking your seat next to Lina, you sighed and dumped your stuff on the ground beside you.

“Jinggie, I have something super important that I have to show y-“ She said, but you cut her off.

“Not now, Lin. I don’t want to do anything right now.” You said, cold as ice.

“Ok, fine.” She replied, looking sullen.

“Sorry, it’s just that a lot has happened so far today. I didn’t mean to snap at you.

“It’s fine. I know that you’ve been under a bunch of stress lately.

You nodded your head, signaling your thanks, and the rest of class went on smoothly and silently.

~~~

Lunch came by quickly, and as you and Lina sat at a lunch table, you asked her what it was that she wanted to show you before.

“Oh my gosh, Jingie. Take a look at this. I got this message this morning.” She shows you her phone. You take a look, and then snatch it out of her hand.

“What the heck is this?! Is that me?!” You whisper scream. On the screen of her phone, blown up so that the pixels were seen, was a picture of you hugging Yifan, taken this morning, when you hugged him goodbye. “Oh my God, was that what everyone was whispering and gawking about this morning? You ask.

“Yup, and now the whole school hates you for it. What are you going to do now?” She asks, ducking her head. You look up and realize that most of the people in the lunch room are glaring at you two. You duck down too.

“I don’t know, just stay under the radar for a while and hopefully they’ll leave me alone.” You whispered. But no such luck. For the next week, you were bullied like never before, insults flying at you from every direction when you walked down the halls with Lina. She tried her best to help you ignore them and even stood up to talk back at the ones glaring, but it was no use. Even worse, Kris didn’t know much about. He tried to stop the bullying, but you pleaded with him not to interfere. He eventually let the matter go.

However, it seemed that Kai was the only one that totally ignored you, turning away when you were being hurt, and facing the other way when you were near. It was like he didn’t know that you even existed.

Then, the day before you were to move to Canada, you became too curious. The curiosity caused you to be reckless, which in turn made you swerve around after everyone in your class but him and yourself had left and confronted him. “Why are you ignoring me?” You asked, almost angrily.

He gave an indifferent look. “What, you miss me?” He asked, voice cocky and leaning back against a wall.  You were at a loss for words. Did you miss him? Why were you acting so strange? Shouldn’t you have been happy that he stopped hurting you?

“N-no! Why would I miss you?! I was just uh, curious why you stopped bullying me.” You stepped back.

“Ok then, if you miss me so much and want everything to go back to normal, then that’s how it’s going to be. Be prepared, nerd.” He sneered and then walked out of the classroom. Realizing that I was late, I hurried out of the room to my next class.

Later on in P.E, I told Lina what had happened. “WHAT?!” She screamed, hitting the volleyball with all her strength and scoring a point. “YOU went and confronted Kai to ask him why he left you alone?!” She whisper-screamed.  “I don’t know what I was thinking! It was such a stupid idea.” I whined.

“Heck yeah, just be careful tomorrow, ok?” Lina ordered.

“Yes ma’am.” I saluted. The bell soon rang, and school ended.

~~~

Haha! Hello everyone! I've finally updated my story. Finally. After like a month. Sorry guys, I just kinda forgot about this story. Plus, I didn't know what would happen next. But I swear! I'm back on track. I'll update more often now. I promise! I love you all, Saranghaeyo! <3

Comment, upvote, and subscribe!