The Return

Karma Bites Back. HARD

You guys should know the color coding by now but you don't really need it for this chapter. All the parts in Canada are in English and the parts in Korea are in Korean. That should be enough to clear up any confusion anyone may have. 

"So. Tell me exactly what's happening." Serin slams her hands on the table. 

"I'm going back to Korea." 

The room falls silent. 

"When?" Minjee pipes up. 

"In a month and a half. At the end of summer." You say sadly. 

"Ok then, let's think of this positively. We now have one month and a half to make this the best summer of your life." Serin looks determined, giving you a comforting smile. 

~~~

School’s been out for a month and sure to her word, the gang and Heechul have made this the best summer ever. However, the thought that you were leaving in merely half a month still troubled you.

“Hey.” You whispered as all of Breath lay on the floor of the living room.

“Shhh, some people are trying to sleep, you know?” You heard Hana whisper back.

You ignore her. “I just wanted to say that I’m really glad that you guys are my friends and that I joined your gang. I’m honored to have been your leader even if just for a short time. I know I’ll have to leave in a week, but I promise you guys I won’t forget any of you and the times that we have had together. Just know that I’ll always care for you, but I also understand that it’s time for me to return to my home country and live a normal life. Thanks for being there when I needed you and I love you guys a lot.” You whispered into the air. Then you closed your eyes, and drifted to sleep.

~~~

“HEY WAKE UP WE NEED TO GO.” A high pitched voice screamed into your ears.

“What the man, let me sleep.” You swatted away the hands that were shaking your body.

“Yeah, so were we last night before you decided to declare your undying love to us.”

You froze your arm movements and opened your eyes.

“Wait you guys were awake for that?” You look around at all the members towering over your body.

“Uh yea, no one would want to miss out on a one in a lifetime chance of THE Kate Wu confessing her love.” Minjee teased. You heard Hana snicker.

“Whatever.” You mumbled, face a bit red though you’d never admit it. Standing up, you stretched and yawned.

 You get ready in a jiffy, cleaing up and deciding to go extremely casual due to your lazy tendencies, just pulled on a t-shirt and skinny jeans. You makeup was also extremely minimal, just a little bit of mascara and some lip stain.

“What’s for breakfast?” You skip the last three steps of the stairs, landing silently on the ground.

“Chocolate chip pancakes made by this culinary genius right over here.” Sujin smiles and slides you a plate as you sit down in your usual spot.

“Thanks, umma.” You teasingly say before digging in.

“Yah!” She lifters her arm in a mocking threat before laughing when you lift your face and look at her with your bulging cheeks.

The rest of the girls laugh too, and Hana whips out her phone to snap a picture of your chipmunk moment.

“Gorgeous.” She says as she looks it over. “Wait till people see how much of a dork the leader of the great ‘Breath’ is in real life.”

“You better send that to me, Unnie.” Minjee smirks to Hana.

“No prob, dongsaeng. You know I would never leave you out.”

You just pout and continue eating your pancakes. “Stupid evil people.” You grumble.

~~~

Somehow, time seemed to pass even quicker with the girls. One week turned into 4 days, and then became 2. Finally, it was your last day. You awoke feeling down, even though the girls were around you. Throughout the week, the girls had been staying over at your house. They took you out, treated you to good food, trained with you, and helped you pack. The house was now almost void, and the walls that once held photos were now empty.

The six of you had decided to spend the morning hanging out with Heechul and BAP, cracking stupid jokes and being loud and rowdy – the two things that had gotten the 13 of you kicked out of the café you had been in. No matter, you weren’t going to be back there any time soon. You chuckled sadly.

Afternoon was much more of a solemn ordeal.  You were all lounging on the couch watching some rerun of a stupid game show. None of you were laughing.

“What should we do to make memories on your last night here?” Sujin said, turning the TV off.

“Nothing.” You grumbled.

“Hey now, don’t be such a grumpy pants. Tonight is your last night here. You’ve got to live a little and enjoy it while it lasts. I mean, we might not see each other again.” Sujin slapped your leg lightly.

“Ow, what the hell. That hurt. And no. I don’t want to ‘live a little’.” You raise your hands in sarcastic quotation marks.

“Shut up. We know what’s good for you, and living a little is exactly what it is.” Sujin pats your head and walks towards the bathroom. “Get ready to go out again, because we’re going to have lots of fun in a bit.” Then the bathroom door closes.

~~~

“THIS IS YOUR DEFINITION OF FUN?!?” You scream over the pumping music. “WE’RE AT A FREAKING CLUB! HOW DID YOU EVEN GET US IN – WE’RE NOT EVEN LEGAL YET!” Sujin’s arm shot out and cupped your mouth dragging you into an empty bathroom where it was relatively quieter.

“Shhhhhh! Gosh, can you be any more loud?” She rolls her eyes, letting go of your face.

“What the hell, man? I thought you were the responsible one??”

“That is precisely why I left the young’uns at home and only brought you, myself, and – Ah Serin!” The bathroom door opened and Serin walked in, dressed in a tight black dress. You gape.

“What…”

“Yes I brought you, me and Serin. By the way, are the boys here yet?” She turns to Serin.

“Yeah, I just got a text. They’re seated at a booth in the back.” Serin waves her phone.

“Great. Let’s go.” Sujin drags you out of the bathroom and back into the crowd, music so loud the floor is shaking and a thumping continuously bangs through your head.

B.A.P is exactly where they said they would be, though sitting would not be the accurate word for how they were occupying the booth. Only one of them was actually in the seat, but Heechul wasn’t even sitting on it.

“Guys, you ready to show our leader the best night of her life?” Serin screams and they cheer loudly before you’re being dragged onto the dance floor by Yongguk."

~~~

That night turned out to be so much better than you thought it would be. There was no alcohol involved, but it was still definitely the best night of your life. It was great to laugh and dance and just be silly in general with your friends around you.

You got home around 2 am, but your dad and Kris aren’t angry for some reason. Turns out the gang had told them about their idea and they agreed to let you go out as long as there was no alcohol. You were thankful for such considerate friends.

You woke up the next afternoon still in the clothes you wore the night before and smelling like a whole lot of different people. Scrunching your nose, you take a long relaxing shower before changing into a tank and shorts.

“Morning.” You greet your father and brother.

“Good afternoon, sweetheart.” Your dad ruffles your hair and slides you a plate of toast and butter.

“Mei, don’t forget that our flight is in 5 hours, so make sure you’re ready within 3 hours, okay?” Kris says.

“Hm.” You hum, stuffing your face with the bread.

~~~

In the three hours you had left, you made sure everything was packed and nothing was left behind, chatted with the gang, and took another shower.

“Mei, it’s time to go.” Kris knocked on your door.

“Okay, I’m coming.” You close your book and walk out of your room.

The three of you stand in front of the house that has held many good memories and sheltered you for 3 years. The taxi your dad called earlier pulled up and you guys piled on, then set off to the airport.

While waiting to check in, your heard your name being screamed.

“WU JINGHWA!!” A few seconds after, you’re rammed into by two people.

“Hi, we’re here to send you off! We’re the ‘send-off crew’.” Zelo and jongup chirp while holding onto you. You could feel people’s questioning eyes on your, wondering why two boys were hugging onto your for dear life.

“Uhhh, okay??” You pat their heads then pull away, only for a bouquet of flowers to be stuffed in your face. You splutter and slap it away.

“Sorry, I got too excited.” Himchan said with a straight face.

“What the hell man, that hurt.” You pout.

“Let me make it better.” Daehyun comes out of nowhere and tries to smooch your face but you duck away just in time as Youngjae smacks him away from you.

“You imbecile, she doesn’t need your love. She needs some band aids and medical attention.” He scolds Dae while stuffing a box of band aids into your hands.

Everything was just a bit too much for you, and Zelo and Jongup were still hugging onto you tight.

“Alright guys, move out, give her some space.” Yongguk’s recognizable deep voice rang out. “And you two,” He pointed at the two still hugging you. “Let go of her. She can’t breathe.”

They pout but listen to their leader, letting go of you and slinking away.

“Sorry about all the chaos, but we’re just here to say goodbye and all that good stuff.” Yongguk smiles his gummy smile.

You grin. “I can see that. Thanks.”

“The girls are coming in a bit, so just wait a little, okay? They got stuck in traffic.” Yongguk says.

“Okay, I’ll be right here. The line’s so long anyways.” You smile.

The seven of you chat as you wait for Breath to arrive.

“KATE!” You see the girls running at you.

“Finally, I was beginning to think you guys forgot I existed or something.” You jokingly said.

“Curse that stupid old man. I said step on it and he went 5 miles below the speed limit. Like couldn’t he at least go AT the speed limit? Why 5 miles slower? Ugh.” Hana complained.

“Yeah, but it’s okay now. We’re here and Hana and I left him a little present for later.” Minjee snickered evilly.

“Oh no, what did you do?” Serin glared.

“Let’s just say, his cab will smell especially pleasant later.” Hana said, then both trouble makers burst into laughter

Soon, you and the group reached the front of the line. By that time, Sarah had already arrived to say goodbye to Kris. They followed you to the security check and waited in line with you. 

After passing through the glass doors to the other side with a red face from the ruckus the gang was creating outside with their yells of "WE LOVE YOU, KATE!" And the like. People were looking at them weirdly and you kept your head down as an extra loud "KATE WU'S THE BEST!" Pierced your ears. But the smile never once left your face. 

While waiting for other passangers to board, your phone beeped. Unlocking it, you saw 11 new messages, one from each of your friends. Reading then quietly, you face brightened and you chuckled lightly at some parts, while others brought you close to tears. You sent a group message back to all of them. 

"I may be gone from the country, but don't any of you even dare to forget about me. Also, don't replace me too quickly, it hurts my ego. Always be happy, I love you all." 

You lock your phone once you're finished. 

This time, your leave was much better than the first. 

~~~

You sigh as you carry the heavy box full of lamps, pictures, etc from the moving truck into your new home. Well, not new home. Turns out, your father had only leased the house, and now that you guys were back, the  family was moving back in. 

~~~

Lina woke up feeling optomistic about school starting soon. Ever since Jinghwa had moved away and their relationship been severed, she had never felt quite the same. She felt regretful for not being there for her during her hardest times, only being there to comfort her after the beatings and tauntings were done. Honestly, she didn't think many people at school even knew the two were friends. The physical differences were to large, they all thought, there was no way they were friends. After all, Wu Jinghwa did not have any friends. 

Lina pulled on some comfy clothes and went out for her morning jog. The route she always took went by Jinghwa's house, though she didn't know whether it was because it was the easiest route, or because of other reasons...

As she to the old Wu family house's street, she was surprised to see moving trucks in front of their house.  

I thought the owners moved out just a week ago. Who could be moving in this quickly now? Lina thought to herself. She slowed down in front of the house. 

The large SOLD sign had dissappeared, and there was a girl lugging a heavy looking box into the house by herself, with no one else in sight. 

Lina walked over, ready to lend a hand. 

"Excuse me miss? Do you need a hand? The box looks quite heavy." She tapped the girl on the shoulder and she jumped, surprised. 

~~~ 

Jinghwa flinched as a hand touched her shoulder. She whipped around. 

"L-Lina?"

 ~~~

Shamefully slinks out of cave. Cough cough. Okay, I know I told you guys that I would be able to update this story more regularly since it's summer, but I didn't realize that I forgot that I had like 5 camps to go to and a whole bunch of athletic training. I literally did not have any time to work on this through my very messy and packed schedule. So now that all of that has finally ended yesterday, I found the time to finish this chapter and post it even though school starts in 2/3 days fml. Anyways, ya'll know what to do. Comment, Subscribe, and upvote please! Your comments give me life. I love you all!