Kismetic Inevitability

Tokyo Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tokyo Serendipity Chapter 21: Kismetic Inevitability

“Ryo-chaaan!!! Wake up!!!” Massu yelled at his seatmate and shook him. “Guys look! He’s crying!!” other NewS members, suddenly surrounded them. They were all worried on Ryo. Tesshi tapped his cheeks, “Nishiki-chaaaaan!!!”

~Ryo~

As I opened my eyes from a loud commotion and from the slapping of cheeks, I gasped and saw their faces NEAR me. I could have a heart attack right now! “W-whoa! I know… ugh... We’re all good looking. But… ugh…Can you move your faces a little bit backward?” I said awkwardly. Geez. It’s much scarier than what I have dreamed. They moved backward and looked at my oddly.

“Why are you crying?” Yamapi asked me. I rapidly touched my eyes, certainly it was wet.

“I…I dreamt of her again…” I answered worried.
“Tssss. I think I heard that a zillion times already.” Shige smirked and rolled his eyes. Is it my fault that I can’t stop dreaming about her every day?

“I dreamt of… she’s at Hawaii too. She said she’d come back for me, but all I did was to reject her. Give her cold treatment.”

He sighed deeply. “Nishiki-chan, dreams are exactly opposite of reality. Look, the other night I dreamt of Shige-kun, he turns into a unicorn. But look! He’s still a human being… and it !” Tesshi fooled around, everybody laughed. It makes me at peace, a little.

“What he’s trying to say… You wouldn’t give Ellie a cold treatment, because she wouldn’t be here. You won’t meet each other” Keii-chan said encouraging me. I exhaled.

“How did you know that it was Ellie?” I asked it made me more nervous.
“Come on, Ryo-chan. everybody knows that…” Massu started, they all looked at each others’ eye. I’m confused.

“YOU’RE STILL IN LOVE WITH ELLIE!!!” They yelled at my face, synchronizing with each other then laughed together. Other passengers looked at us. It’s so embarrassing and I feel guilty—the fact that I’m dating Leah and my heart is still occupied by Ellie. The truth, is there wasn’t a day when I never fail to think of her.

“Demo… I feel sorry for Leah. I mean, let’s be honest Nishiki-chan. Who was there to catch you when you fall? It’s Leah, right? So…”

“I know. I know. I’m trying my best too.” I said protecting myself. “But she’s the only girl who makes my heart beats faster and slower at the same time.”
“Dude… it’s already been five years… what if she got married? What will you do? Slit your wrist this time? Jump from Tokyo tower? Drink some muriatic acid? Or hijack this plane and bribe the pilot that you’ll jump now?” Why does Yamapi giving me life lesson now?! It’s just a dream! But that makes sense. What should I do, if she got married or what? Mourn to death?

“The plane is landiiing!!! I’m so excited!!! BEACHHH!!” All eyes were on us again. What the? Why are they squealing like a kid? This is so embarrassing. I can die of humiliation right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“This is what you call lifeeeeeee!!!” Keii-chan said after he gulped down his beer. Currently, we’re staying at Tesshi and Massu share room, overlooking of the beach.


“Yeah! No paparazzi! No sign of the management and NO GIRLFRIEND!!!” Added by Tesshi, they all looked at me. I swallowed hard and smiled at them. I guzzled on my beer and it became silent again.

“I suddenly remember the time when we went to Fukuoka.” Shige started a conversation. I can sense, it’s about Ellie again. “Ryo-chan was so gloomy that Ellie weren’t able to go with us that he sneaked out just to go and see her.” All of us chuckled. I remember that! It was a good memento. I can’t believe I travel south to north of Japan just to be with her. It was like ‘love impossible’.

“ I feel tired and sleepy.” The over excited Tesshi huffed and yawned—wow! I can’t believe he can get tired too. I always think that this guy is like Mr. Energy. He stood up and went to his bedroom.

“Me too.” Said by Shige as he found his spot on the couch and rested.

“I’ll just go outside and take a walk.” I said and stood up. Better take a walk, before I might fell asleep.


“Bring akachan and Ellie too. They might need some fresh air.” Keii-chan suggested before he closed his eyes. We’re all tired but I’m fighting my eyelids to fall down. I don’t want a nap. I want a long sleep.

I went downstairs and to the beach. Just like my EERIE dream. When I got there, I can finally breathe. There are people walking around, but not that many. It was a sunny afternoon. We walked along the sand—err, should I say I was more of jogging because I was being pulled by my two dogs? Suddenly, I felt a vibration on my pocket. Somebody is calling me. I draw out my hand phone from my pocket and saw Tesshi’s name on the caller ID. I thought you’re tired and sleeping??


“Oi! I thought you’re sleeping already?” I uttered in a scolding way.

He yawned. “Yes, I am. But your GIRLFIREND Leah, called me. She said she can’t reach your phone; and asked to pass this message to you and that’s what I’m doing right now.” “Okay. Thanks. Go back to sleep now.” I ordered him. Tsk, tsk. Poor Tesshi, being interrupted on his nap.

“Oh... lastly Le---“

Oh ! I bent down; my phone fell on the sand and my bracelet too—it got disconnected. When I was about to get it… His leash detached from its cord and he ran away. “RYOOOOOOO!!! COME BACK HERE!!!!!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Ellie~

“Mommy! Looked! I found a dog! Read his name… pwease (please)” My baby boy shouted happily. I walked closer to my Rio and sat beside him.


“Rio… Don’t touch the dog. What if it has rabies?” I said calmly, I held and looked at the dog tag. It’s VERY familiar. I turned it around and it read, “Ryo”.

** Flashback; TWO weeks earlier **


“WHAAAAAAT????!!!! Birthday SLAAAASH Vacation on Hawaii?! And I’m going to receive a free ticket?!!” Anna shouted as she almost splashed her drink on my face. Thank God she swallowed it first. I nodded and asked, “Why?”

“N-nothing. I’m just surprised. Rio just turned four… yet you’re giving him this splendid birthday gift… You both are really spoiled… Your family is… really…”


“He said he wanted to go and swim… so my parents suggest we go there… What about my family?” I asked giggling. I looked on the floor, I saw Rio playing with some planes. I shifted my gazed back to Anna, who is still awed.

“Rich? I- I mean… You don’t have to work to raise him… Your parents can provide everything you need.” She said with wrinkled eyebrows and shaking her head.

“I don’t want to be dependent on them… but they insist… especially when Rio came…”


“Girl… you know what… you’re so lucky to have parents like them… if I were on your condition… maybe they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter