Love wrecked

Tokyo Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tokyo Serendipity.
Chapter 12: Love wrecked

 

“Hayaku! Hayaku! Every seconds counts!”

“Oi! Koji! Move it to the left!”

“Kaoru and Yumi! Did you make orders to the foods?!”

“Ellie!! The pictures? Did you print them?!”

“No! Koji I said to the RIGHT! Not to the LEFT!”

Kaku Tomohiro is in his restless mode. He kept on ordering and ordering; yelling and yelling at his colleagues that he forgot one important thing:

“Tomohiro-sensei kept on telling his commands. Has he ever thought that it would be much faster and easier if he’s helping us, instead on howling there?” Kaoru whispered when the three girls clustered. Ellie and Yumi nodded as an agreement. Everybody was exhausted by his order and in his nonstop yelling.

“Are you saying something, Kaoru-chan?”

“Ah. Iie. Nandemonai.” Kaoru huffed. The three girls dissolve and back to what they are doing.

“Come on. Tell me, I won’t be mad.” He said, as he walked closer to them.

“Kaoru-chan says, you kept on ordering us. Yet, you’re not even moving any box there. You’re just standing there like a talking statue.” Yumi complains. Kaoru looked at her with an eyebrow raise.

“Hey! I didn’t say that! I only said, ‘Tomohiro-sensei keeps on telling his commands. Has he ever thought that it would be much faster and easier if he’s helping us, instead on howling there?’”

“Of course I add a little info, so that it would intense. Right, Ellie-chan?” Yumi winked at Ellie. She nodded several times and say, “I think they’re right. I know I’m not in a high position to say this to you, Tomohiro-sensei. But they are really right. Our work would be faster if we all help each other. We all know, everybody is nervous for tomorrow’s night event and I think we all need each other’s strength and cooperation, to finish this fast and to overcome all our anxieties.”

Everybody looked at Ellie like she was an alien coming to abduct them. It was their first time to hear a long speech coming from her—that’s why they reacted like that.

“Wow. Ellie-chan are you planning to run for Prime Minister?” Jiro joked. Everybody laughed. Tomohiro came to his senses that he should really help. Instead of pressuring his co-workers he helped as well.

---

“Ryo! Okaeri! Look, Ryo-akachan is a wearing a wizard outfit. Isn’t it cute?” Ellie shouted as she heard the colliding sound of the metal wind chime hanging on their front door.

“Yeah. I can see that. I’m not blind. Why are you so happy today?” He answered as he removed his shoes in the front door.

“I’m not that happy—happy. I’m just a little bit happy. In fact, I’m having mixed emotions, butterflies on my stomach. I’m happy and nervous as well. I’m. I’m---”

“Okay. I get it already.” Ryo partially raised his tone, irritated. “Geez.” Ellie was taken aback by his caustic remarks. “U-uh. Ellie I’m so---” She rapidly cut his sentence before he could say anything. She stood up and spoke in a croaky type, “I-I’m going to fix our dinner.”

‘Foul! Damn it Ryo! You made her cry again! Tsk! Tsk! Go and asked sorry before it’s too late!’ Said by the good Ryo. ‘You must pay for it. You must suffer the consequence. I’m going to send Ellie a message straight to her brain and heart: Ignore Ryo! Neglect Ryo!’ this time the bad conscience of Ryo suggested that before it popped away.

---

“So tomorrow is your photo exhibit?” Ryo suddenly broke the silence, he was nervous. They were eating at the dining table, sitting opposite to each other. It’s a rare moment for them to seat far away from each other. Usually, they would sit close to one another while eating or would even sit side by side at the couch holding their plate; eating at the same time watching TV.

“Yeah.” She answered, not looking at him.

“Can I go?”

“It’s up to you.”

“Cool. Finally, I’m going to see Ellie’s hard work.” He stated happily. Ellie didn’t respond she was just playing with her food and fork. “Ellie, I’m---“

She stood up, and gets her plate. “I’m full. You can leave your plates on the sink; I’ll just wash it tomorrow. Goodnight.” She bent down to get akachan. “Come on Ryo-akachan. Let’s sleep. Mommy is tired already.”

---

Ellie rapidly pressed the keys on her phone. She sobbed a little. “Good evening. Guys, this is Ellie. Uh, tomorrow is the first day of our photo exhibition. So I’m inviting you. But, I have a suggestion. Uhm. Is it possible if you guys could…perhaps go on the second day? Cause the first day might be hassle for all of us. :D Thank you. PS: Kindly tell this to your good friend. Thanks again!” Then she sent it to: Pi-chan, Keii-chan, Tesshi, Massu and Shige.

All of them replied saying: “Ellie omedetou!”, “Ellie thank you for the invitation. We’re looking forward to it.”, “SURE! We’ll go. Thanks!” They’re reply made Ellie’s day despite of, their little fight.

Suddenly her phone started to vibrate, somebody is calling her. She looked at the caller id and saw Shige’s name on it. She pressed the answer button.

“Hey. Shige-kun, you’re still up?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter