Learning to breathe

Tokyo Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tokyo Serendipity Chapter 19: Learning to breathe

 

April 21, 2009

I did what you’ve said. I opened your present two days after that night. I was puzzled, to see a handmade paper notebook. I was like ‘what is this all about?’ then few moments later, I figure out maybe you gave this to me, as a journal of my life without you. So I’m here holding a pen and writing stuffs that I wanted to say to you, face to face.

That night when you call it quits. It hurt me so much that I forgot to ask, what is the real reason behind it? Especially when you said that ‘everything is complicated’ what does it mean? I’m really confused. I really don’t get it. Why did you say that? I hope I can get the answers soon. It’s okay, if you don’t want to talk about it. I’ll forgive you or we’ll sort it out like nothing happen, just come back.

---

April 30, 2009

Who the hell invented the stupid airplane?! I feel like killing him or her! But probably he or she is dead right now. If there is no airplane, then no one can leave. Simple as that! Right? :(

---

“Nishikido-kun turned into a zombie eh?” Shige questioned his friends who sat beside each other on the couch at Ryo’s apartment.

“I think so” Tesshi responded with worry on his tone.

“See, he doesn’t even talk, eat, or drink.” Koyama added. They all look at his table; fruits weren’t even touch it’s almost rotting.

“Nor, he doesn’t take a bath.” Said by Massu in a serious tone, all of them laughed loudly. The door of his bedroom suddenly flew open. It was Ryo he went outside with a shirt and towel with him, he passed by the living room going to his bathroom ignoring them.

“Baka! What do you mean he’s not taking a bath? Can’t you see? He even brought with him a towel and his clothes!” Keiichiro spanked Massu’s head lightly. Everybody sneered. Yamapi placed his hand on his shoulders and say, “Dude, everybody takes a bath everyday even though they’re depressed.”

“I was just kidding! I know, Nishikido-kun wouldn’t let the day pass without him taking a bath! I kind of missed Ellie’s accompany too.” Massu confessed. All of them fell silent and reflect.

-TWO hours later-

Yamapi stretched his hand upward. He looked around, it was almost twilight. Everybody fell asleep either on the floor or couch. He scratched his eyes and looked at the bathroom. The light was still on. He was quite nervous thinking that Ryo haven’t come out of the bathroom.

“WAKE UPPPP!!!!” He slapped their faces one by one. They were all goaded at his sadistic way of waking them up from their slumber party. They all make face on him and was cursing him on each of their minds.

“WHAAAAT THEEEE?!!!” Tesshi who was pissed off at him, out of nowhere yell at their leader.

“A-ano… Did Ryo go out of the bathroom?” He asked stuttering. They all look at each others’ face and realize that he hasn’t come out. They all stood up and scurry to the bathroom. They got frighten as they saw Ryo.

“911!!!!!”

---
May 28 2009

Ellie… I don’t know where to begin. It seems like yesterday you’re still here. So much has happened over these four weeks. A day after we broke up, I thought I’m going to lose my mind. Since then, I’ve been in a total dazed and bordering suicide. I was grief-stricken by your leave that I attempted to kill myself by drowning in this filthy bathtub.

But when I woke up, I was at the hospital. I don’t know what I am doing there. A psychiatrist prescribes me some anti- depressant pills and sleeping pills. It sounds crazy, but I guess I need it somehow. I miss you more than I could possibly imagine. Just hearing your voice would melt all my anxiety as I would know that there’s someone out there that still cares whether I live or die.

---

Knock
Knock

Ryo lazily stood up from the couch. He opened the door he wasn’t surprise to see a girl standing in front of him, trembling. But when he looked down, he was thrilled to see a basket with black Shih Tzu puppy. He glanced upward with creased eyebrow.

“Ni-Nishikido-kun… p-please s-sign h-here.” Ryo gently get the pen and paper from her hands. He reads and signs it. “Thanks” she muttered back. Ryo bent down and cuddle his new dog. There, he saw a note, under some cloth. He read it silently, ‘Anyong! My name is Ellie! Please take care of me, I promise to be a goooood girl and I won’t leave you, until my last breath. ;)’

“When did Ellie bought her?” He asked.

The girl shook he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter