Hanky Panky

Tokyo Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tokyo Serendipity
Chapter 16: Hanky Panky

 

“You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away”

She sang the identical song again. She sat on the floor, circling her finger around his hair. He opened his eyes and felt happy to see her there.

“Did I wake you up?” She asked. “Sorry.”

“There’s nothing to be sorry for.”

She sighed deeply. “I’m just afraid that one day, I’m going to push too hard and I’m not going to get the chance to say I’m sorry.” Ryo sat down and looked at her oddly. “What did you eat? Why are you saying stuffs like that?”

“I haven’t eaten yet.” She giggled. "I’m waiting for you, actually.”

“Sweet.”

“Ryo, I have something to tell you.” She said seriously.

“W-what? You’re making me n-nervous.” His lips were getting twitchy.

“Don’t be, silly.” She let out a faint chuckle. “I just want to tell you that I lo—” She got interrupted, when Ryo-akachan started to barked at them. They looked at him, Ryo hissed. The white-haired dog shut his mouth.

“As I was trying to say—” for the second time, akachan has barged in. He was barking at the same time, he bit the end of Ryo’s pants. They both heave a sigh.

“I guess my Ryo-akachan is hungry.” She sat down the floor, and cuddled the dog. “Would you mind to serve us some breakfast?”

“Sure.” He half-smiled and walked away. ‘Stupid dog, stupid timing, I know, she’s trying to say something very important.’ He thought.

---

-LUNCH time-

They sat on the chair facing each other. Slacking on the stool with their overstuffed stomach, they are playfully burping on each other’s face and laughed together.

“I really like it… when you’re just like that. Wearing ordinary shirts and etc, simplicity is beauty.” She giggled.

He held her hands, and was touched it softly with his thumb. “I love you.” He whispered. She goes red in the face. She opened and say,

“I lo---” she was interfered again. Her phone suddenly rang. It was her mother. She apologetically signaled him to wait.

‘TIMING!!!! OKAAAAAY?!’ he thought, gritting his teeth together.

“Hello?”

“Hi sweetie! How are you?” Her mother from the other line said in a happy tone.

“I’m good. We just finished our lunch. How about you guys? Did you eat already?”

“Yes and we’re about to sleep. You’re dad pick me up from work, and we had dinner.” Her mother coughed a little. “Did you forget something?”

“What? Forget?” She gasped with wide eyes. “Shoot! I’m sorry! Happy anniversary to you guys! I’m really sorry.”

Her mom exhaled loudly. “When you were a kid, you never failed to give as a present, or a call. Now, ever since you had a boyfriend, you completely forget about us.”

“Ma… stop being dramatic okay? How could I forget you? You’re my mother! It’s just that, uhm… I’m quite busy these past few days. Ah! You know what; we’ve taken care of three children one week and half ago.”

“I’m so proud of you guys. You experience how hard it is to be parents’,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter