Breakaway

Tokyo Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tokyo Serendipity Chapter 18: Breakaway

 

~Ellie~

“That’s it!” I said as I stood up and shook off my hands. I’m done packing my things on my luggage. I hid it under the bed. It’s not easy. Everything about letting go wasn’t easy.

“Ellie! Are you done?”

“Yes! Coming!” I shouted and looked myself at the mirror. I touched my eyes; of course it’s still puffed-up. I cried for the whole night. When I opened the door, I saw him standing outside in front of the door. He gave me my jacket. I smiled at him and look down.

“Your eyes are still swollen.” He laid a finger under my eyes. I laughed. “Maybe some insect bit it last night. Come on, I’m going to be late.” I take hold of his fingers and pulled his hand as we went outside.

.

.

.

He parked his car in front of the studio. I removed the seatbelt from its buckle. He touched my hand and asked, “So… am I going to fetch you later?”

“We’ll see.” I said and pecked him on his cheeks. I opened the door and wave goodbye at him.

---

“Guys! Thank you for taking care of me for these past months.” I said and bow in front of them. Staying here makes me adopt their culture. I can’t believe I’m bowing in front of them. Let’s just say, this is my farewell gesture. I look upward; I saw Yumi-chan and Kaoru-chan crying. I’m getting teary eyes again. I can’t bear to see people crying.

“We’ll still reserve that position for you. In case the ‘problem’ you’re talking about will be fixed.” Tomohiro-san patted my shoulder and smiled. “We’ll be waiting for your return.”

“Why does your problem have to arise and you have to go back, home?”Kaoru-chan shrieked and hugged me very tight that I almost grasped for air. “I’m going to miss you Ellie-chaaaaan!!!”

“I’m going to miss Ellie too!!” Yumi scurried and squeezed the two of us. The three of us were sobbing partly loudly. Thank God, there aren’t any clients.

I murmured, “I’m going to miss you too. Take care.”

---

~Ryo~

“Nishiki-chan, you have a package.” Tesshi blurted out as he opened the door holding a plain brown envelop. He hand it to me. I opened it and saw a color white small recorder. We all looked at it bizarrely at the same time; it made me nervous, what the hell is this for?

I swallowed hard and pressed the triangular shape button. For the first 30 seconds, the Mission Impossible soundtrack played. Tense. My heart is beating very fast. Anxious. Does my next project will have something connected with M.I?

“Your mission, if you choose to accept this….” It was Ellie. I finally calmed and exhale deeply. “Make your way to Café Venoli, 125 Park Lane at 19:00. There you will rendezvous with a stunning girl. That is wearing a green beanie and black jacket. The future of this world is now in your hands. This voice recorder will explode in five seconds.”

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

“Would you believe that? In five seconds there are ten beeps?” She giggled. “Anyway, I’m going to wait for you there. See yah! Miss you already!”

Sweet. I was chuckling soundlessly at myself. I look at my friends, over confident. See, this is the benefit of having a girlfriend. I smiled a wicked one.

“Kawaii!” Massu squealed out like a girl.

“I can’t believe Ellie did that. That is so sweet.” I agree with you Shige-kun. My Ellie is really sweet.

“She really loves Nishiki-chan.’

“I envy you!” Keii-chan tapped my shoulder. I grinned at him.

“I want to have a girlfriend like that.” Yamapi huffed and sat on the chair.

“Too bad, she’s already mine. Go and get yours.” I stood up and place the voice recorder on my pocket. “Jaa-ne.”

---

I respire deeply. The waiter opened the door for me and asked, “Table for ---”

I immediately cut his sentence and replied, “No, it’s okay. I’m here to meet someone. Thanks anyway” The waiter just smiled at me. I look around, I saw Ellie sitting at the middle of the restaurant. She was striking her spoon on the wine glass.

“Am I late? Is the earth still in peace?” I asked as I sat down in front of her. She looked terrified at first, after that she smiled again. Cute.

“Yes it is, thanks to you.” She answered and we both laughed. “Wait… I have something for you.” She opened her bag, and brought out a brown paper bag. “Here, opened this after… uhm... two days from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter