Who’s Aiko?

Tokyo Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tokyo Serendipity.
Chapter 15: Who’s Aiko?

 

Ryo was restless. He walked back and forth to the table and back to the mirror—changing caps and glasses—that he caught every person’s attention. They all think that he’s a sore in their eyes. Yamapi can’t stand his actions he finally bawled, “Will you stop walking, and calm down?” And he did, he remove the cap from his head. Everybody stared at him, and their eyes are questioning him—‘what are you up to?’

“Okay. I know what you are thinking, why I am acting like this. It’s because Ellie and I agreed to meet at a coffee shop. I’m not stupid to go out, looking like this.” He explained. Still, everybody is looking at him bizarrely.

“How about wearing a very tinted helmet?”

“A mask!”

“How about a paper bag? We’ll just make a hole on the eyes and mouth part.” Everybody cracked at Tesshi’s suggestion though he implied it in a sarcastic way.

“Love is not about playing safe, it’s about taking risk.”Yamapi uttered as he closed his book. Everyone looked at him; some of them let their mouth hanged opened, that a fly could come inside.

“Wow! You’re turning romantic lately. Is this the side effect of being the birthday boy?” Koyama jostled him on his chest. He just smiled. Ryo finally settled with his simple clothes. He grinned at them and opened the door, furthermore he went outside.

“Hey! Don’t forget our gathering tonight okay? It’ll be just the seven of us.” He looked at Tesshi, and reiterated his last sentence. “SEVEN of us. It means Pi-chan, Ryo-chan, Keii-chan, Tesshi-kun, Shige-chan, Massu-kun and Ellie.” Tesshi swallowed hard, thinking his past mistake. Then he just smiled at them nervously.

---

Ryo pulled the door of the coffee shop. Every girl’s attention was on him. He saw Ellie sitting at the very corner of the shop, busy smiling and playing with her camera. He went closer to her, and kissed her on the forehead. She looked upward and was flabbergasted to see Ryo.

“Hey.” She greeted him. She looked around her, and saw lots of people staring at them. She looked back at Ryo, and was surprised to see him without a cap or glasses. “Are you sick?”

“No. I feel good. Why?”

“You’re not wearing any paraphernalia’s at all.”

“Why? Should I wear one?”

“No…. Yes!..... No… Ugh! Sorry, crazy mode. But I like it. You’re just being you. The way you dress yourself signifies your attitude.”

“Love is not about playing safe, it’s about taking risk.”

She giggled and smile. “Where did you get that?”

“To the birthday boy. Oh, hey. Pi-chan reminded me again about the small gathering later.”

“Yeah. I haven’t forgotten about that. It’s his birthday, right?”

“Uh-huh. Come on, let’s go. I feel asphyxiated here. I need some air.” He stood up, and went to reach Ellie’s hand. They held each other’s hand and went outside.

.

.

.

“Was that Nishikido-kun?” The lady barista asked loudly. All the girls screeched. “And his girlfriend?!”

---

“You know what, when he said that. I feel like I’ve been pushed on the back.” They stopped walking; he looked at her with a smile.

“Because you feel the so called freedom, aren’t you afraid of the consequences? I mean… your management, nonstop journalist interfering with your privacy and etc.”

“Why should I? When I know you’re here with me… Will you stay with me, no matter what?”

“Of course Ryo.” She tiptoed and kissed Ryo romantically on his lips. They were interfered when somebody caught Ellie’s attention.

“Miss! Come here!” An old lady who was wearing a thick layers of clothes—long sleeves, long skirt and a veil covering around her head and lots of charms on her neck and hands; shouted and smiled at them. She sat on a stool and in front of her round table, full of different amulets and tarot cards.

“Excuse me? Are you talking to me?” Ellie asked, walking closer to her. The old lady nodded and says, “Pick a card here, Miss.” The lady scattered the tarot cards in front of them. Ellie looks at Ryo uneasily.

“What is this for?” He asked. The old lady just looked at him and didn’t answer his question. Ellie felt perturbed, she just randomly pick a card and hand it to the lady.

“So what does it says?” She asked.

“This is a bad omen”

“Bad sign?”

“One of these days, someone will interfere on your relationship—and it would end sooner or later. As a result, your wish of growing old together would just be in your fantasy.”

Ellie let out a nervous and weak laughed. “That’s…. that’s….” Ellie wasn’t sure what to say. She let her weakness rule over mind—that she wanted to cry.

“Nobody can envisage your own future. It’s you who writes your own destiny.” Ryo said angrily. He pulled Ellie’s hand and started to walk from the lady. “Stupid crap! Argh! She ruined my day! Are you okay?” He asked, wiping the end of her eyes with his thumb.

“Yeah. I think so?” She smiled at him, with teary eyes.

“Aww. Come on, Ellie. She’s a psycho. Don’t listen to her brainless blab. Let’s just buy a cake for Yamapi and for you so that you will feel bett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter