"I still do"

[Series] Secret Kiss | hiatus |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She was just having a slight fever and sore throat. I’ll prescribe for her medicine, go and get it at the pharmacy...” she gives her patient and the patient’s mom an assuring smile.

“Alright. Thank you Dr Park. Say thank you to Dr Park,” the mom ushers her daughter. The child smiles and bows. “Thank you Dr Park.” Minhee smiles sweetly and ruffles the child’s hair. As soon as her patient walks out, Minhee asks her nurse assistant to call next patient.

A man with a toddler in his arms comes in. Minhee is busy looking for record card. “Take a seat, Mr.” she says to him, without even looking up. The man quietly seats while patting the toddler softly. The toddler starts whining. Minhee looks up. Her eyes grow wide. Her eyes shift to the toddler in his arms and shift back to the man. Minhee exhales softly. She has to carry out her responsibility. 

“Mr...” She takes a glance of the toddler’s record card. “Yang Yoseob. Mr Yang, can you tell me what’s Yang Yiseul’s problem?” 

Yoseob clears his throat. “She’s having fever for more than 3 days already. And, she caught a cold.”

“Please place her on that bed,” Minhee points to a bed near him. As soon as he places her, Minhee immediately does the check up. 

“She needs to be hospitalized. She’s not that bad but it’s better for her,” Minhee explains. Yoseob nods. 

“Um I’m sorry but, where’s her mother?” she asks.

“Her mother’s working.”

“I see. Her mother needs to be here, in case.” 

Yoseob nods again. 

 

6 years are not a long period. But in such a short period, people can change so much. But it doesn’t mean they change.

Ring!

“MINHEE!!!”

Minhee puts away her phone before bringing it back to her ear.

“YAH! You gonna damage my eardrum if you do that again.”

“Hehe. Sorry. But yah! Why didn’t tell me that you’re here in Korea?” There’s a slight disappointment in Mimi’s voice.

“Sorry. Really sorry. I didn’t even have a chance to tell you. I started working just after I got back here two months ago.”

“Already? Wow. Minhee-ah, let’s meet huh?”

Minhee smiles. “Sure, I’ll set the date and place. By the way, I miss you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter