What?

[Series] Secret Kiss | hiatus |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AUTHOR POV

“I’m home,” a voice echoed through Mrs Park’s house.

“Oh, you’re home Minhee-ah. Where are you from my dear?” Mrs Park asked, looking at her daughter.

“I was from Yoseob’s house,” Minhee answered and smiles.

“Again?”

“Yes. Mrs Yang asked me to bake cake with her this time, so I did.”

“Aigoo, you must have learnt a lot from her. Sorry that I didn’t do all those things with you,” Mrs Park said, feeling a bit guilty for not teaching her daughter to be a normal lady.

Minhee gives her mom a back hug. “It’s okay omma. You’re busy in order to raise me and siblings. You sacrificed a lot for us.”

Mrs Park feels better hearing that from Minhee. “I should make it up to you someday,” she said, patting Minhee’s hands.

“Yes omma,” Minhee kisses her mom’s cheek. “Omma, whose picture is that?” she asked, pointing to a few photos shatter on the desk in front of them.

“This? ….it’s my ex-classmates when I was still in high school. They were so awesome back then,” Mrs Park explained, smiling at the memories.

Minhee is looking at her mom’s friends in the picture. She spots someone familiar in there.

“Eh, this is Yoseob’s appa! He’s your ex-classmate too. Such a coincidence.”

“Yeah…wait, what? Yoseob’s appa?” her mom looks at her with a slight shocked face.

“Yeah,” Minhee casually replied.

“Where’s he right now? I mean, Yoseob’s appa,” Mrs Park instantly asked.

“He is not in Korea right now. He went to Australia yesterday.”

“Oh….when will he get back here?”

“I don’t know.  You want to meet with him omma?”

“Of course. He was my classmate….”

“I’ll ask Yoseob then when will his appa going to back here.”

Mrs Park closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Opening her eyes back, she holds Minhee’s hands.

“Minhee-ah, I have something to tell.”

 

MINHEE POV

Closing my bedroom's door, I sit down on the floor leaning my back to the door. I hug my knees and bury my face in it. Slowly, my eyes start to get watery and tears finally burst out.

Yes, I'm crying.

When omma told me about that, I was shocked. I closed my ears, not wanting to hear it from omma's mouth but she forced me to listen because it was an important thing.  Yes, indeed it is a very important thing.

Why? Why it had to be like this? Why my life has to be like this? I just want to have a normal happy life but this is happening. Why?

My tears fall like a waterfall. My pants and shirt soak because I don’t even care to wipe it off. I crawl into my bed, bury my face into the pillow and cry even more. This is seriously hurting me.

Unknowingly, I fall asleep. Like I said before, sleep makes me forget everything and every problem I had. I wake up in the morning to Yoseob’s text.

 

From: Cheesy Seobie oppa

Hey baby, I’m not going to school today. Got appointment with dentist. Sorry can’t accompany you today. See you tomorrow. Muah!~ <3 <3

 

Silently my tears roll down the cheeks. Ah my heart. It’s hurt. I throw my phone on the bed and dress up to go to school.

“Noona, are you okay?” Daehyun softly asked as he sees me take a seat to have breakfast. “You look…not okay…”

Hana nods. “Unnie, your eyes are all puffy again.”

 I force a smile.

“I’m okay sweeties. Just lack of sleep because of coming exam,” I lied, starting to eat my food. I feel my shoulders being held.

“Minhee-ah, are you okay?” omma asked worriedly.

“I…I’m okay omma,” I answered half-heartedly.

“Are you sure?”

I nod, continue munching my breakfast.

 

“Noona!” I see Ilhoon calls for me while waving his hand to me as I walk out from my house. He then jogs toward me.

“Where is Yoseob hyung?” he asked curiously, looking around. Well yeah, Yoseob always waits here for me to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter