I'M HAPPY, YOU LOOK HAPPY

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            Bom looked at the mirror, not believing the wide smile plastered on her face. It has been there since a week ago. Since she met Seunghyun. she didn’t expect it to be like this. She was just suppose to pretend she was the person who replied all Seunghyun message, she was just suppose to pretend that she was the person Seunghyun fell in love with. She wasn’t suppose to fall in love with Seunghyun in return. She—wait, did she just said she fell in love? Bom could see her own cheeks turning crimson red in the reflection. Did she really fall in love with Seunghyun? This wasn’t suppose to happen. No, no, no, no.

               “I’m not in love with Seunghyun,” Bom said to herself. Moving her hands to turn on the faucet and splashed water to her face. She was trying to push away images of Seunghyun. who would’ve thought the Seunghyun she knew—the one she despise a lot because he wasn’t good looking enough to be her friend—grew into an amazingly handsome man? Bom never saw a man like him before. He sure was a wonderful creation of God. She was so lucky he fell in love with her. The red haired let out a high pitched squeal when the last thought popped to her mind. Seunghyun is in love with her. Seunghyun is in love with Park Bom. Seunghyun is—

               “Ahk!!” Bom couldn’t stand it. She ran outside her bathroom and flopped herself on top of the mattress. Jiyoon and Haneul is out for some coffee, so Bom had the room for herself at least until midnight. “Seunghyun is in love with me.. he is in love with me.. he is in—“

               A ring of the doorbell popped the image of Seunghyun she was imagining in her head. She groaned, getting up in a lazy motion. “Ah, who in the world.. it’s in the middle of the night for God’s sak—Seunghyun??”

               Tightening her robe, Bom gasped when she saw Seunghyun standing in front of her door. The man as always look incredibely handsome only wearing a thick baby blue sweater and a green colored khakhi pants that was so unmatched the fashion police should’ve arrested him. but this was Seunghyun, anything would look good if he wear it.

               “Hi, Bommie,” the low voice put a shiver through Bom’s spine. “Did I.. were you asleep?”

               “Oh, no. I just finished shower. What’s up?” she tried to keep her cool, although inside her heart was beating like crazy. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. She keep telling herself. “Do you wanna come in?”

               “Uh, no. It’s fine. I’m just dropping by to give you something.”

               “Really? What—oh, hi, Jiyongah!”

               Jiyong’s existance went unknown by Bom, until the younger—the always clumsy Jiyong—dropped his watch he was playing with, causing a loud thud that made the couple in front of him acknowledge his presence.

               “Oh, hi, Bommie,” Jiyong gave her a small smile, waving his hand weakly to her before crossing it in front of his chest again “Don’t mind me, continue your conversation. I’m just waiting for Seunghyun.”

               “Where are you guys from? You guys seem awfully happy,” even behind his pokerface expression, Bom could see Jiyong was happier than he was yesterday when she last saw him.

               Seunghyun answered for Jiyong, getting Bom’s attention back to him. “We went to eat some tteokpokki.”

               “At last!”

               “Yeah, at last,” Seunghyun chuckled at how the girl in front of him clapped her hands. Genuinely happy. Seunghyun knows Bom was only happy because finally Jiyong got to eat tteokpokki, he has been wanting to eat tteokpokki since forever. “So.. um.. I want to check up on you since.. you’re alone. You know how my mom and Jiyoon Imo is, they could talk until morning.”

               “I know. They need it, Seunghyun-ah. God knows how much they missed each other and they would’ve wanted to catch up on each other’s life, you know.”

               “Yeah,” Seunghyun smiled. Bom was surely a nice daughter. His mother will be thrilled if this girl was her daughter in law. The thought that passed Seunghyun’s mind made him felt a blush creeping up to his face. Seems like Bom realized him suddenly being stiff, she reached out to brush her hands to Seunghyun’s.

               “Seunghyun? You okay?”

         

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter