LIFE IS A ROAD I WANNA KEEP GOING

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           The engagement party went on as if it never happened. Jiyong didn’t want to come to the party, but it was Bom’s engagement party. When he told her that he probably won’t attend her engagement party with Seunghyun, she didn’t threw a fit at him like he expected him to do. Instead, she just calmly said she understood, kissing Jiyong’s cheek and saying goodnight to him as she returned to her apartment. Jiyong felt guilty, and when the next morning he knocked on the Park’s apartment to pick up Bom to work, he can hear his best friend crying inside. He didn’t want to believe it was because of him, but when she didn’t talk to him at all during their walk to the office, or during the bus ride, Jiyong was sure Bom was angry at him. So as he hugged Bom just before she got off the bus, he told her he’ll try his best to ask his boss for a day off on that day. Bom squealed, hugging Jiyong tight and thanking him. After all, Jiyong is Bom’s bestfriend, he’s like her own brother. She wanted Jiyong to be with her at her special day, she wanted to share the joy with him. So it happened, and Jiyong just sit beside his mother who was crying and telling him all the time how amazing the couple look. Jiyong could only nod and force a smile, not even once looked at Seunghyun. He can only saw Seunghyun’s outfit for today - a purple patterned suit with black velvet pants - he couldn’t look at him past his neck. But Jiyong was sure Seunghyun looked handsome as usual. Jiyong had to admit though, his mother was right. The couple looked very good together. After the ring exchange, Jiyong can’t help but to silently ran off the crowd, isolating himself at the balcony while feeling the breeze of Seoul’s winter night. Tears slowly ran down his face as he recalled the sight of Bom’s happy smile after Seunghyun slipped her engagement ring to her fingers. This was how it’s supposed to be. Fate’s game is really cruel indeed.

               “Are you okay?”

               Jiyong nearly jumped when he heard someone asked. He dropped his wine glass, making it break into pieces, one of the shards scratched his bare shin. He wore shorts today even when he knows the weather is not friendly. Well, he dresses based on how he wanted to dress, not how the weather ot other people wanted him to.

               The well-built stranger with blond hair came out of the corner he was standing, stepping into the light before he saw the blood trickling down Jiyong’s foot.

               “You’re hurt,” he said calmly. Jiyong studied the man’s face. Definitely not from his or Bom’s side of family and friends, Jiyong never saw him before. Still yet to overcome his shock, Jiyong didn’t realize the other scooted down to examine his injured foot.

               “Ah,” a sharp pain pulled him out of his shock.

               “Sorry, sorry,” the man said in his broken English. “It’s not deep, but it hurts anyway. Wait a minute, I think I have a—ah! Here,” he pulled out a handkerchief from the pocket inside his jacket suit, looking around for something, then smiled when he saw his own drink sitting on top of the table there. He dashed off to wet the cloth with his champagne, and quickly scooted back near Jiyong and dabbed the wet handkerchief to Jiyong’s foot. “I’m sorry, I know it’s not hygiene, but at least, I thought, there’s alcohol in.. oh well.”

               Jiyong smiled at the guy looking up at him. this guy had a funny face. Attractive, though he had a small eyes, big nose, and he was giving Jiyong an ear to ear smile that Jiyong could see his line of croocked, but attractive teeth.

               The guy then helped Jiyong to sit at one of the chair on the balcony after seeing the bleeding has stop.

               “Thank you,” Jiyong said, earning another smile from the other. “I’m Kwon Jiyong.”

               “Ah, so you’re Kwon Jiyong.”

               Jiyong, who had colored his hair red, nod. “I didn’t realize I was that famous.”

               A light chuckle came out of the man who was now sitting at the other chair across the table. “I’m Daesung. Kang Daesung. Seunghyun’s friend. I heard a lot about you.”

               “Really?”

               The man named Daesung smiled, taking his glass of champagne and sipped his drink before nodding. “You’re the best friend, right?” the blonde took a glance at the smiling guy beside him. “That punk, only has his eyes for Bomssi while he got a super hot best friend here.”

               Jiyong felt a pang in his heart when he heard this.

               “I’m sorry, did I just said that out loud?”

               Jiyong nod confusedly at the other.

               “. I was.. sorry, don’t be scared. Okay, I admit, I maybe have abs and all  this muscle, and I really looked like a casanova who could get any girls he want, but I.. I’m gay.”

               There was a pregnant pause before Jiyong fell into a fit of laugh that made the other man dropped his jaw.

               “What the hell, man? You’re a freak. You do not laugh when someone told you he’s gay,” the horrified look on Daesung’s face made Jiyong laugh even harder. The guy was now shoving Jiyong’s shoulder gently. “Yah, Jiyongssi. Stop it! Are you drunk?”

               “No, no. I’m so—hahahhaa—I’m sorry,” Jiyong waved his hand in front of his chest while the other was holding his flat tummy as he tried to surpress his laugh. “I’m not drunk I.. I haven’t drink even one shot,” Jiyong explained between his laugh.

               “What are you laughing for then? Hey, stop it, you’re scaring me!”

               This Daesung guy is sure funny. When Jiyong’s laugh finally increased into small giggles, the other moved forward. “Are you done laughing at someone you just know for like, 5 minutes?”

               Jiyong smiled at this muscled but adorable guy. “Are you done making jokes at someone you just know for like, 5 minutes?”

               Daesung eye’s widen, his lips forming a smirk. “Right back at me. But I wasn’t joking! I AM gay.”

               “Not that part. But the cas—,” Ji started laughing again. “The casanova and can get any girl you want part. You.. oh my God..”

               Daesung pretend to get angry at this, he puffed his cheek as he reached out to slap Jiyong’s shoulder gently. “What? You think I can’t?? Girls like men with exotic skin color like me. I’m tan, tan!!” the blonde said his ‘tan’ in a funny accent that made Jiyong laugh even harder.

               Daesung let Jiyong laughed. Unconsciously he smiled, seeing Jiyong laughing like this – even if it was at him – is better than seeing this beautiful man being gloomy and staring blankly to nothingness in front of him like he was a few minutes ago.

               “I’m sorry,” Jiyong said between cough, trying to hold his laughter, harder this time. “I’m just.. I mean.. man, I’m sure a lot of people like you. You really lift up my mood, Daesungssi.”

               Daesung really smiled at Jiyong’s word. “I’m glad to hear that.”

               After a minute of silence, Jiyong suddenly turned to look at Daesung. “I don’t mind,” was Jiyong’s simple word, making Dae cocked his head to the side in confusion. Realizing the other’s confusion, Jiyong smiled fondly. “I never liked girls too. I mean, not that I like guys. I don’t know. I only liked one guy my whole life.”

               And why did he tell this blonde guy that? He only known Daesung for like, 5 minutes? Yet he’s about to tell him his love story. Jiyong tried hard not to look at Dae’s reaction, focusing on the lights of Seoul in front of him instead. The view from his family’s apartment is amazing, one of many reasons his parents choose this place.

               “Was he.. the one who made you cry?” Daesung asked in a whisper. Not wanting to sound nosy, but he really was curious. Jiyong was beautiful, Dae never have been mesmerized by this kind of beauty at first sight before. well, he does get attracted to a lot of guys, but he can feel it’s different this time. The attrac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter