18 FOREVER WITH YOU

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear readers,

I hope this note finds you well. 

Hi, errrr updates everyone? Hahahhaa

I know I've been a jerk for not updating for a very long time, but seriously work is consuming 99% of my time. I had to travel back and forth twice a month to Bali work related, and I had learned a lot more about Bali during this 6 months. Reading my earlier chapters, I realized there are some minor mistakes I made. I hope I can fix it soon, but for the time being, I'll focus on the new chapters, yeah? haha

Anyway, I'm so sad, yet happy, to say that this is going to be the LAST CHAPTER of Always. I've prepared an Epilogue, but I don't know when I'll be posting it. I don't want to promise anything, but I hope it's gonna be soon. I'm sorry if the ending is kinda in a rush but I really feel bad for dragging this story for so long, too long. You guys deserve to be free of this suffering hahaha. Well, you don't have to wait anymore. EXCEPT, those who read Distraction? Yeah, I still have to finish that one hahaha.

Even though this is the ending, I hope it suits you well, dear readers. It's been so much fun writing Always, though I dropped some of the ideas and details I got for this story because I can't drag it any longer. This is for the best. So, enjoy this. There's always a happy ending for Seunghyun and Jiyong in my world XP

Will reply on the comments later. Thank you everyone for your support and patience. See you on the Epilogue!! *waves*

Your author,

kutunakal

 

 

The talk was inevitable. No matter how hard Jiyong tried to avoid it, Bom was persistent. She wanted to know, she had the right to know. At the end of the day, when the feast was over and everybody was already home, Jiyong had to face Bom. So after making sure Seunghyun had eaten his late lunch, and he had fallen asleep soundly, Jiyong looked for Bom. The red hair was helping Haneul cleaning up the living room, her hair already tied up in a messy yet cute bun.

“Bommie,” Jiyong called out, which made both woman turned around to look. “Auntie,” he bowed his head at Haneul, who smiled fondly at him. Somehow, Jiyong felt that Haneul already knows what’s happening even without anyone telling her. It creeps him out a bit, but he is also thankful because he can see the understanding in her eyes as she stood up.

“I think someone’s making a mess in my kitchen,” the timing was perfect because as soon as she said it, some loud noise of pans falling down and a couple of shrieks can be heard from the kitchen.

Jiyong can’t help but chuckled at the situation. When Haneul walked pass him, she took the time to take his hand and squeezed it, all the while whispering to him, “It’s time you be selfish, Jiyong. You can’t save everyone’s heart, but you know you can save more by doing this.”

Well, Haneul and Seunghyun is definitely related, Jiyong thought. The way their brain and heart works are even similar. No one, no one Jiyong know has that strong of a bond with their mother that they even have the same thought in almost everything.

Squeezing Haneul’s hand in equal strength, Jiyong smiled as he looked at her. Those warm dark eyes are excatly like his Hyunnie’s.

“Thank you, Imo,” he answered sincerely.

And then, “I’m looking forward on being your mother-in-law. I bet it’ll be fun.”

Haneul laughed at Jiyong’s blushing face, then gave him a peck on his cheek before leaving the two alone.

Awkwardly, Jiyong cleared his throat. Bom, who was pretending to be busy since Jiyong came to the room, stopped sweeping the floor. Jiyong smiled at the view; Bom the spoiled child holding a broom, sweeping in such heat. Never did Jiyong thought this moment will come for him to witness.

“Hi, Jiji,” Bom smiled awkwardly.

“Hi,” Jiyong walked closer to her, keeping a good distance to not make her feel uncomfortable. “I.. Uh, Seunghyun is finally asleep.”

“Is he okay?”

Smiling, Jiyong nodded. He can feel the sincere concern in her voice, though a bit jealous, Jiyong knows he can’t forbid her to care. “I think he still feels uncomfortable, but the painkiller worked. Plus a full tummy is the best way to calm him down.”

Both of them laughed at this. “I know, right? I can never keep up with his appetite. I get fat if I eat too much, not everyone is like you!” But her laugh died down and a frown appeared on her pretty face, “Guess that’s another good reason why you’re the one for him, huh?”

“Bom..” Jiyong can feel his heart drop at her words. “I.. You deserve an explanation.”

“You bet I do,” she answered, leaning the broom to the wall behind her before sitting down at one of the couch. Jiyong mustered up the courage and took a seat beside her, turning to his side to face his best friend. “Are we finally talking now?”

“I want to tell you everything, Bom,” he started. Bom was not looking at him, instead looking at her own hands folded on top of her lap. “But I really don’t know where to begin. I know I’m a bad friend for keeping this all from you, for making you go this far with Seunghyun just to break your heart in the end, it was not my intention. I really, really want you to be happy with Seunghyun, Bommie, I really do. And I.. I really want to be happy with Daesung, I really do. But.. I just..”

“If I didn’t walk on you guys earlier,” Bom started. “Are you ever going to tell me, Ji?”

Jiyong sighed. He wanted to run to his room, lock himself in and not coming out until the dooms day comes. But he can’t. “I.. No, I guess. I.. I never wanted to hurt you, Bom. As much as this is hurting you right now, please know that I did all this to keep you from hurting. That’s the last thing I want.”

“So you decided to hurt Seunghyun?”

“I..”

“Not just Seunghyun, but Daesung too. Do you know how much Daesung loves you? Do you know how insecure he felt, that he will never be enough for you?”

It hurts t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter