NOSTALGIC RENDEZVOUS PART 1

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

               The next few days was filled with trips with the whole family to various places. Taewan who already retired from his job as a senior staff at the United Nation made Junho took a couple of day off from his work place just so they can spend more time with their best friend who was considered as their own family. It was not the perfect timing for the Choi’s to visit Korea in winter because a lot of tourist attractions are not open in winter, but Haneul laughed it off saying that she’s not a tourist. They came to Korea in winter in purpose. They missed the cold weather, they missed the snow since there’s none in Bali. But it was no big deal. In a big group, Myeongdong on the first day. The males and females of the group then split up as the girls went to find make ups and beauty products for Haneul, also looking for coats and winter outfit for her in the women fashion stores, while the guys went to look for jackets, suits, and shoes for Seunghyun and his father—also for Jiyong who has been wanting this sneakers from Bean Pole that he saw a couple of days ago. They meet again at lunch at a galbi restaurant they always visit a long time ago. The owner was Taewan’s old friend so they alwat get big discount whenever they eat there. They walked around until it was almost time for dinner, then they went home to eat Jiyoon’s home made dinner. Haneul misses her best friend’s cooking so much that she insists that they have to eat dinner at home everyday, no eating out, no take outs.

 

               On the second until the fifth day, they went around Seoul—buying ethnical stuffs in Insadong, buying gifts for the Choi’s aquintance in Indonesia at Itaewon, going noraebang and seeing the night-life of today’s Korea at Hongdae, visiting some old friends at Apgujeong, even visiting one of Haneul’s cousin in Suwon together. At their fifth night in Seoul, just when they had finished dinner at the Kwon’s, Seunghyun gave them a surprise. He already bought 8 return tickets to Jeju for 3 days and 2 nights. All of t hem hugged him and thanked him, except Jiyong who said with a sad expression that he had to work the next day so he couldn’t come with them. Seunghyun, who won’t listen to none of Jiyong’s excuse, begged the other guy to go with them, but Jiyong still said no, he didn’t want to get fired from his job.

               On the day they were supposed to go to Jeju, Seunghyun gave a surprise visit to Jiyong’s office. He came to Jiyong’s work room and told him they’re going, the boss had already gave him the permission after Seunghyun assure him that Jiyong will come back in three days and he won’t be neglecting his report. He will fax it, or email it, because technology are pretty modern now.

               “You said that to him??” Jiyong gasped when he heard how Seunghyun got permission from his boss to take Jiyong for vacation. “Seriously Hyung?? You said that to him? That technology are pretty modern now and it’s a pity he didn’t know that??”

               “That’s the best part. You should’ve saw his face when he heard me said that,” Seunghyun impersonate Jiyong’s boss shocked face. This made the younger male giggle so hard until he had to bend his body because his stomach hurts from laughing. “It was priceless.” Just like yours right now.

               Jiyong was still laughing hard. After a while, he let out a cough and panted, too tired after laughing so hard for a long time. Seunghyun patted his back, scolding him gently for laughing like that. “Aigoooo~, seriously Seunghyun,” Jiyong finally was able to talk properly, “If I don’t get fired when I get back to work, that means my boss is totally in love with you. Oh my gosh, you’re crazy~”

               Seunghyun unconciously smile fondly seeing Jiyong leaned back beside him, the cab driver looking curiously at them through the rearview mirror. Jiyong’s hands are still on top of his aching stomach, his breathing had slowed down, but the petite man still had a smile on his face.

               “Why are you forcing me to come, Seunghyun Hyung? I mean, you all could’ve just go and leave me. It’s not like I’m not used being alone. You know my parents like to travel a lot since Appa retired, so.. I’m fine being by myself.”

               “Really? They like to leave you alone at home?”

               “Yeah,” Jiyong was a little confused. “You know this, I told you so many times through the let—oh,” Jiyong raised a hand to cover his mouth. He almost spill his secrets to Seunghyun. but Seunghyun didn’t seem to notice this. He was oblivious to Jiyong’s panic face—afraid that Seunghyun would realize what he said—and he was oblivious to Jiyong’s disappointed sigh when he said that in her letters, Bom told him her father also left her alone so much.

               “So that means you really spend a lot of time together with Bom, huh? I mean, Junho Samcheon is nice, but how could he? Bom only got him, he can’t just leave her alone at home like that for days. I can’t imagine how lonely she was.”

Unfocused, Jiyong only nod weakly. Of course, of course Seunghyun had to talk about Bom, that’s just how much the other male loves Bom. He can’t stop talking about her. Jiyong was almost at his limits, the past few days was torture for him. he had to see Seunghyun and Bom feed each other most of the time, he had to witness the look Seunghyun gave to Bom everytime she look at her. Jiyong would give anything for Seunghyun to look at him like that. And just now, Seunghyun didn’t even react to the fact that Jiyong gets lonely too everytime his parents leave him.

               “You.. you really love Bom, huh?”

               Seunghyun didn’t like the sad tone in Jiyong’s voice, but he can’t help but smile at the question. “It’s weird, Jiyong-ah,” Seunghyun turned to his side, away from Jiyong. He gazed the road while remembering Bom’s beautiful face, that made him smile. But that made Jiyong felt like someone has just stepped on his heart. “It’s weird how.. I felt like I know everything about her through the letters she sent me. and you can see how we clicked immidiately when we meet. It’s all because of the letters.”

               Yeah, because of the letters.

               Seunghyun heard the man beside him let out a sigh. He turned to face Jiyong again, startling the smaller male by touching his hand he had on his lap. “Hey, Jiyongie..”

               Jiyong’s breath hitched when he heard the nickname. Seunghyun was the only one who call him Jiyongie.  It has been years since Jiyong heard Seunghyun calling him Jiyongie. There was a warm feeling fluttering from his tummy raising to his chest when he heard Seunghyun called him that way. He tried so hard to keep his tears from falling, turning away from Seunghyun was the only way he could hide it.

               “Ji?”

               “Why did you never write to me, Hyung?” Jiyong asked in a small voice, trying hard to make it sound like he wasn’t crying, so that Seunghyun wouldn’t hear his voice shake. Jiyong knew he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter