FOR YOU I WILL

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Jiyong tried to avoid encounters with Seunghyun or Bom for the next few days. He was always out with Daesung, or his mother. The place Daesung was so excited for him to see was a place Seunghyun had bring him before, a restaurant by the beach of Kuta. He had no appetite because the longer he sat there, the more he remembered those happy week with Seunghyun, but Jiyong does not have a heart to hurt Daesung. He pretend that he was amazed by the view, pretend that he never saw one this beautiful in Seoul. He was only partly lying though, because he really never saw anything more beautiful than this in his homeland. Jiyong tried his best to act cool whenever the family had meetings, but he couldn’t help but feel guilt tugged at his heart whenever he saw Bom’s hurtful eyes glancing his way. So Jiyong decided that he was not going to fight with Bom forever. As much as he was hurt by her oblivious act, he loves her like a sister and he knows that Bome does love him too.

               Jiyong found Bom sitting in front of the television, changing channels randomly because none has caught her attention enough. He smiled as he saw his best friend yawned like a cat, rubbing her eyes cutely as she looked up to look at the clock. Quietly Jiyong moved from his spot to the couch Bom was sitting at, silently sat down beside her. He tried his best to surpress his laughter when he saw Bom’s shocked face, and only smiled gently as the girl’s eyes start to water.

               “Jiyong-ah..” with a shaky hand Bom reached out to grab Jiyong’s arm, and pulled him into a very tight embrace while sobbing. Jiyong’s guilt doubled, he never thought their silent war would affect her this much.

               “I thought you hated me. i thought you will never ever talk to me again,” she said between her sob. “I was almost this close to cancel my wedding with Seunghyun if you really won’t show up at my wedding. I can’t, Jiyong. I..” her sobs grew harder. Jiyong raised a hand to rub at Bom’s back, his own tears b on the corner of his eyes.

               “I’m sorry, Bommie,” Jiyong whispered to Bom, who has a killing grip on Jiyong’s shirt. “I’m sorry. I would never do that. Not to Seunghyun. Not to you. “

               Bom didn’t answer, but hugged Jiyong tighter instead. Jiyong knew that moment, he was willing to do anything for his best friend, even if he had to sacrifice what he wanted.

               “I’m going to tell the truth to Seunghyun, Jiyong.”

               Jiyong who was leaning his head on Bom’s shoulder raised his head slightly. After their crying frenzy, both of them felt too tired and only wanted to be by each other’s side for the rest of the night. They talked about anything and nothing, with the television still on in a low volume. Bom let Jiyong occupied her shoulder, while she leaned her head on top of Jiyong’s fluffy hair.

               “What?”

               Bom smiled, she understand that Jiyong will never agree with her decision. But she had decided. “I’m going to tell Seunghyun the truth. We are getting married soon, Jiyong. i can’t live in a relationship based on lies.”

               “But.. but you both love each other. That’s not a lie,” Jiyong felt his chest tightened as he said this, but he couldn’t help it.

               “I’m just going to tell him that I am not the one who exchanged letters with him back then. I..”

               “Bommie-ah,” Jiyong pulled away from his position, reaching out to hold Bom’s hand. “You were the one who always tell me to let go of the past. That I won’t be able to be happy if I keep looking back. you can use a bit of your own advice, you know.”

               Bom contemplated for a while. Her lips pouted slightly, but then she let out a smile, and nodded. “Fine, Jiyong-ah. I hope I can tell him one day, though. It.. it’s starting to show, Jiyong-ah?”

               “What?”

               “That I have no clue what he likes, or what Seunghyun doesn’t like. I don’t even know his favourite color, or food, or.—“

               “Brown and pink,” Jiyong cutted her words. Bom stopped what she was saying, turning her body slightly to fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter