MEETING YOU AGAIN

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          Seunghyun couldn’t help but put a big wide smile as he heard the announcement telling that the train he was riding is approaching the familiar area he grew up, the uptown live of the Gangnam area. Yes, a few things had change, but overall, Seoul looks the same. He looked at his mother sitting in front of him holding one of his hand, while his dad stood beside him. The both of them were looking the view outside with excitement in their eyes, they must’ve missed Korea more than Seunghyun. There was a moment where Seunghyun locked his eyes with his mother's. He can see she had tears in her eyes as she smiled and took Seunghyun’s hand and kissed the top of it. Seunghyun understood the sentimental feeling his mother was feeling. Yeah, he missed Seoul too.

               “Is Jiyoon there already?” Seunghyun heard his father asked his mom. Haneul nod at his husband, checking the cellphone she was holding in her free hand.

               “She’s there. She said she got a heart attack everytime a train arrived at the station,” Haneul said, making Seunghyun and Hwaseok laugh. “Ah, I missed her so much, why isn’t this train moving faster than 15 years ago?” she joked, making her husband and son laughed again.

               Seunghyun’s parents old time friends, Shim Jiyoon and her husband Kwon Taewan, had offered picking them up in the airport. But the Choi family refused, saying they wanted to ride the subway for some kind of nostalgic rendevous, since they have no subways in Bali. The Kwon’s was worried they would forget which train they should ride, but Haneul and Hwaseok never forget the way home. It wasn’t that difficult since they just need to transfer once from the blue line from Incheon, and they only bring one single luggage each because they still had clothes that the Kwons keep for them since they left their old place. They automatically know where they were going to stay while visiting Korea. Of course Jiyoon won’t let them stay anywhere else but her place.

               The train stopped not long after, Haneul can already see Jiyoon waiting for them with her husband and another one of their best friends, Park Junho. She almost ran to the exit of the train, bumping a couple of people who cursed her, but she didn’t care. She even left her suitcase inside, leaving Seunghyun and Hwaseok to look at each other. Seunghyun chuckled in defeat as he took his and his mother’s suitcase, following her out of the train, his father right behind him. As soon as he step off the train, a warm pair of gloved hands immediately circled his neck, forcing him to bend down.

               “OH MY GOD look at yourself, young man!!!” the sound of a middle aged woman yelling near his ears made Seunghyun winced a bit. He knew who she was. He didn’t have to think too long to remember that voice from his younger days.

               “Imo!!” Seunghyun raised his arms and return the hug to the mother of his best friend Kwon Jiyong, who was like his own mother. She was the one who took care of Seunghyun whenever he was sick because Seunghyun’s parents was busy in their gallery most of the time. He didn’t realize how much he missed her until she got her arms around him just like in the old days. “Jiyoon Imo, I missed you so much!!”

               “Oh my boy. My, have you grown!” when she finally pulled back from the hug, Seunghyun can see the tears in her eyes. “You are so handsome! If I didn’t see your mother’s trademark suitcase you’re dragging with you, and if your beautiful eyes didn’t stay as beautiful as they were—“ Jiyoon gently sooth her thumb over Seunghyun’s eyelids, “—I wouldn’t have recognize you!”

               Seunghyun smiled at this. He knew people in his hometown would say this kind of stuff if he ever returned. He was prepared for this. Seunghyun physical appereance did change a lot. Not that he wasn’t grateful for what he was blessed with already but like any other normal kid, he wanted to be respected. He wanted people to appriciate how he looked like, complimenting him with words and expression. And most of all, Seunghyun didn’t want to be ashamed of his body when one day he meet Bom again. So he started his diet plan, along with his regular work out. It was hard at first, following the rules of his own diet plan. But in the end, the result was worth it. Seunghyun got the figure he always wanted. He never sent any of his latest pictures to Bom, not when he was already slim. He wanted to surprise her, because the last picture Seunghyun sent her was on his high school graduation, where he already lost a couple pounds but still have his baby-fat around. Now he’s a healthy 27 years old man with just the right body shape. Not too muscly, but not too skinny. He has a beautiful skin tone because even if he doesn’t live near the beach, he played there almost everyday, and when he wasn’t on the beach he would be practicing traditional dance or painting in the open air. Meeting the sun everyday made him have a sun-kissed tone skin, just a perfect combination with his built. He never had a bad memories about his fat self, but being the Seunghyun he is now is much better and he liked it.

              After the small reunion with the parents (read: being dragged back and forth by Jiyoon and Taewan, kissing him sloppily on his cheek and hugging him until he felt like his ribs was about to burst out), Seunghyun finally found the person he’s been looking for. There, a bit far from their parents, stood the most beautiful girl Seunghyun had ever saw. She had a slim figure with red-blood hair colored and big beautiful eyes, such a perfect creature Seunghyun wasn’t sure she really was a human.

               “Bom?” he asked. Without even waiting for an answer, he half-run towards her and held her in a bone crushing hug that startled the young lady. He spun themselves around, making Bom let out a small yelp. “Bom!! I can’t believe I finally meet you again!! I missed you so much!”

               “S-Seunghyun?” Bom couldn’t find her voice. She had expect a big – fat - drowned in baggy shirt and baggy jeans - Seunghyun, not a smoking - hot - guy - in – suits - Seunghyun. It all surprised her, but at the same time it was a relief.

               “You are just as I imagined you would be, so beautiful,” Seunghyun told her once he put her down, pulling away from the hug. He saw how Bom’s cheek got a little red from his compliment, and laughed at this.

               “You sure are a lady killer, Mr. Hawaii,” Bom said to the man in front of her. “Too much living around those pretty ladies in bikinis, huh?”

             Seunghyun’s smile faltered a bit. “Hawaii? But I’m not from Hawaii. I live in Bali, Bommie.”

               “O-oh?” Bom tried to cover her surprised expression, stealing a glance at Jiyong who was glaring at her for making such a fatal mistake. But she wasn’t a heartbreaker

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter