15 CHANCES ARE ONLY WHAT WE MAKE THEM

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              Jiyong woke up with a groan. His head felt like spinning, and his eyes felt like it’s gonna jump out of it’s socket. He cried till he fell asleep last night, he couldn’t decide if his decision to marry Daesung is the right thing to do. His heart was yearning for Seunghyun, and knowing he won’t be able to have him even the slightest if he married Daesung made him terrified.

              After minutes of just sitting blankly in his room, Jiyong decided to brush his teeth and wash his face, then went out to the front porch of the Choi family’s house. He didn’t find anyone around, but smiled when he saw Haneul was just outside the house, doing the morning ritual of giving offerings. He stepped down the stairs carefully and approached Seunghyun’s mother slowly, trying not to disturb her praying. She saw him, though, as she opens her eyes and smiled at the young man.

               “Good morning, Jiyong-ah.”

               Jiyong bowed respectfully to her, and smiled. “Good morning, Imo. I didn’t mean to disturb you.”

               “Aigoo, no of course you’re not,” Haneul chuckled, gesturing Jiyong to come closer to her. Jiyong obeyed, moving to stand beside Haneul’s petite form. “I prayed every morning while giving this offering to the Gods and ancestor so they look after Seunghyun and give him what’s best for him.”

              Jiyong smiled fondly at her words. He knows how much Seunghyun means to her mother, Seunghyun told him that her mother will agree even if Seunghyun wants to spend the rest of his life loving a person of the same . As long as he’s happy. Well, that was when they were still—Jiyong’s throat clenched, He can feel the hot sensation in the corner of his eyes coming again. No, please not in front of Haneul Imo, he prayed.

               “His decision in marrying Bom—“ Haneul continued, walking to another corner of the house to put another offering there. “—I feel like he’s too quick in taking this decision,” now Jiyong’s eyes widened at this. What is Haneul talking about?

               “What do you mean, Imo?”

               “Well.. of course, I’m happy if he’s happy. But, I don’t think this whole marriage thing is making him happy, Jiyong-ah,” Haneul put the offering on top of a small container in the corner of her garden, spurting an amount of holy water with the small young coconut leaf and took a small white flower between her clasped hand, and closed her eyes. Jiyong copied her, clasping his own hands as he faced the offering container, unconsciously praying for something he couldn’t even remember. When he opened his eyes, Haneul was smiling at him, telling him to put the joss stick on the side of the container. Jiyong was a Christian (a lazy one, that is. He never even budge even when Bom begged him to go to the church with her, until she realized she was just wasting her time and stopped), but he feels himself slowly falling for the Hinduism belief.  After finishing the ritual, Jiyong followed Haneul and sat beside her on one of the chairs on the porch.

               “He’s making the decision when he was blinded by his admiration towards Bom. But I don’t think  that it is love,” Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter