NOSTALGIC RENDEZVOUS PART 2

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

        When they arrive at Jeju, it was freezing cold. All of them checked in to the hotel, deciding to take a rest before exploring Jeju. As Jiyoon had said, it was not a right time for vacation because everything is frozen and you can’t see anything in the snow. But Haneul again laughed her off, saying that she missed the snow so much she didn’t mind seeing the snow even when they take a walk to the beach.

               Jiyong shared a room with Seunghyun, of course. But the first night at Jeju, after they went to the souvenir shop and had seafood for dinner, Jiyong didn’t come back to the room. He didn’t see Jiyong the next day either. Even when they were taking the tour to Mount Halla, or to the Goblin Road, or the beaches despite the weather, Jiyong was no where to be seen. Where did he go? What’s the point of taking this trip together if Jiyong keeps disappearing like this? What’s the point of Seunghyun making the younger potentially getting fired if it feels like he’s not here with them? Seunghyun wanted to call him, but he realized he didn’t have Jiyong’s number. Seunghyun asked his parents and Jiyong’s parents where he went, he also asked Bom and her father, but none of them knew. Jiyoon told Seunghyun he didn’t have to worry about Jiyong, he likes to disappear a lot. He’ll come back eventually, he just needed to clear his mind from the stress eating him out.

               After the exhausting tour, all of the family member decide to go back to their room to take a rest. Room service is their choice for tonight’s dinner. Seunghyun, who was bored being all alone in his room, thought he could go out to the souvenir shop they went yesterday to buy something he had saw for Bom. He didn’t buy it yesterday because he knew their parents will all get noisy, teasing him until he couldn’t face the world anymore, so he thought it would be better to come back later alone.

               “Good evening, Sir. Welcome,” Seunghyun heard the girl behind the cashier welcomed him. He was about to greet back when he saw the man standing not far from the girl, examining some colorful stones placed near the cashier desk.

               “JIYONG??”

               Said man whipped his head to Seunghyun’s direction, his eyes widened at the sight. “Seunghyun Hyung?”

               “What the hell?? Why are you here?” the older man stormed towards Jiyong, approaching him in three big steps he didn’t even know he could take.

               “Why am I here?” Jiyong chuckled. “Weren’t you the one who forced me coming here with you guys, even insulting my boss who probably would kick my out of the office by the time we get back?”

               “You know I didn’t mean it like that,” Seunghyun didn’t laugh. It wasn’t funny for him. he spent last night and this day worrying about Jiyong—that probably he got lost in the forest while hiking or got carried away by the wave while playing in the beach. “You disappeared, Jiyong! You worried all of us!” it was a lie, only Seunghyun was worried about him. The others seem to know that Jiyong is doing fine and him disappearing is apparently something they are all used to.

               “Did I, now?” the pink haired man smiled. He moved around the room, leaving Seunghyun standing on his spot while following Jiyong’s movement with his eyes. “I thought you guys came here already yesterday?”

               “How did you—you saw us?”

               “Hmmm..” he nod, looking at a wood carved to a dolphin statue, trying to read what’s written on it. “Why are you here again?”

               “Oh!” Seunghyun suddenly remember why he was there. He asked for something to the seller, something Jiyong couldn’t hear. When she handed the item to Seunghyun, Seunghyun turned to find Jiyong was looking at him. “Come here, Jiyongie.”

               Jiyong obeyed. He walked towards the taller man, who grabbed his shoulders to turn Jiyong to the right. Just then Jiyong realized they were staring at their reflection in the mirror. Jiyong’s heart beats crazily, he was sure it would leave a bruise in the morning. He saw how perfect they were, standing like this with Seunghyun behind him, holding his narrow shoulders. Their height difference was just perfect. Jiyong wanted so much to turn around and hug him, but it was impossible,

               “Pretty, isn’t it?”

               Just then Jiyong felt Seunghyun was putting something across his neck. A beautiful silver necklace with a heart pendant. Is Seunghyun..

               “Seunghyun, this is—“

               “It looks perfect on you.”

               “Seunghyun..” it was like a dream for Jiyong. He wanted to pinch himself so hard to see if this was real. But Seunghyun’s breath tickling his ear, the warm chest pressing his back, it’s all real. It’s not a dream. But good dreams never last long, because then Seunghyun said something that crush Jiyong’s heart into pieces.

               “Imagine how beautiful it would look on Bom.”

               Jiyong could hear his heart fall and crash when he heard what the low, deep, and seductive voice whispered into his ear. His smile was gone in a second, as Seunghyun retreated his arm that was circling Jiyong’s neck. He walked to the cashier, while Jiyong turned around to look at him.

               “Do you know what’s best? This necklace is..” Seunghyun took the pendant between his thumb and index finger, and twisted it. The silver pendant split into two parts, they were two different pendants, joint because it had magnetic material in it. “I will give Bom this part,” he raised the one he held on his right hand. “Symbolizing that she had my heart. While I’m going to keep the other one, meaning.. I hold her heart.”

               Jiyong didn’t say a word. He only looked at Seunghyun. it seems so impossible for him to break the love Seunghyun had for Bom, regardless it was him who wrote Bom’s letter to Seunghyun all this time. Seunghyun loved her then, he loves her now, and he will always love her. Now Jiyong understand that. It was time for him to give up, it was time for him to let go of Seunghyun.

               “Jiyong?” Jiyong could see the worried look forming in Seunghyun’s eyes.”Are you okay? Did I say something wrong?”

               Jiyong let out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding, then forced a smile as he looked up to Seunghyun. “It’s.. it’s beautiful, Hyung. I’m sure Bommie will love it.”

               “I hope so,” not realizing the sad tone in Jiyong’s shaking voice, Seunghyun gave the necklace to be packed. He stole a glance at Jiyong who was just standing there, smiling at Seunghyun. “Actually,” he suddenly said to the lady behind the counter, “you know what, I’ll take two of this.”

               Seunghyun looked to his right, seeing Jiyong’s smile has changed into a confused expression. “For you. If ever you find your other half, you should give this necklace to them.”

               It crushed Jiyong, the words that Seunghyun said. Feeling the hot sensation in the corner of his eyes, Jiyong closed it. He wasn’t gonna breakdown now. Jiyong has make a desicion. He’s gonna let his bestfriends happy. He can deal with this broken heart, hell he’s been dealing with it for 15 years. Jiyong gave Seunghyun a small smile, not trusting his voice even for a thanks. When Seunghyun mirrored his smile and pulled out his wallet to pay, Jiyong turned around, trying to surpress the tears threatening to fall down.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

             “It tasted weiiiiii~rd!” Seunghyun whined. The two males are now sitting facing each other in a small tteokpokki restaurant near the souvenir shop they just visited. Seunghyun hasn’t eat dinner, he was starving. Jiyong insists he already had dinner and didn’t want to eat out, but when Seunghyun asked Jiyong with a puppy eyes, saying that he wanted to eat tteokpokki with the his childhood best friend, Jiyong gave up. Agreeing to the older man’s request, here they are now sharing a plate of tteokpokki with beers on the side.

             Jiyong laughed seeing Seunghyun like that. The child Seunghyun from 15 years ago was still there. Jiyong was glad nothing much has changed from his friend. Of course not, he thought to himself, not even his love for Bom.

              Seunghyun saw Jiyong’s expression darkened. He actually looked cute now with his lips jutting out, the chopsticks he’s holding still stuck between his mouth, a frown slowly formed on his forehead.

              “Yah!” the older hit Jiyong’s forehead gently with his spoon. “What’s with the expression?”

              Jiyong shook his head, not wanting to ruin their rare alone time – couchwithoutbomcough. “Nothing.”

            Seunghyun wasn’t sure, but he decide to let it go this time. After a minute of silence, Seunghyun cleared his throat. “So.. ,” he broke the silence. “.. what’s with this.. scholarship thing in Bali.. that I don’t know?”

               Jiyong looked surprised at Seunghyun’s question. His eyes grew so big Seunghyun was sure it almost fell of its socket. “I.. how did you—I never—Bom, isn’t it?”

               “Yeah,” Seunghyun answered casually. “I heard your conversation with your mother at the airport yesterday. You said you were tired and stressed out because you study too much. I asked Bom what that was about. She told me.. you were going to take a scholarsip in Indonesia?”

               Jiyong was contemplating if he should lie, telling Seunghyun that Bom was just joking. But in the end, he decide to tell Seunghyun the truth.

               “I’ve been in love with music my whole life. If you remember, Hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter