HOW TO SAVE A HEART

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Penny for your thoughts?”

               Jiyong let out a small squeak when he heard the husky voice suddenly spoke from behind him. He was sitting at his favourite spot in the Choi’s house, the back porch. He watched as a couple of Hwaseok’s student practiced some traditional dance, and the photographer from Seunghyun and Bom’s pre-wedding photoshoot were still there to take pictures of them. Jiyong wasn’t expecting anyone to join him since everyone seems so occupied in choosing the pictures to print in the living room, especialy not the soon to be groom.

               “Hey,” Jiyong awkwardly answered, turning his head only for a split second before resuming his previous position. His body tensed, and his hand automatically gripped the water bottle he was holding a bit tighter. The older man choose to stand a feet away from him, on he other side of the porch, leaning to the porch railing. From the corner of his eyes, Jiyong can see Seunghyun reaching for a flower from the tree just outside the porch, and played with it with his hand.

               There was a pregnant silence circling the two being. One of them didn’t want to start a conversation since he was to nervous and he was afraid his heart will fail him if  he turned to look at the love of his life, while the other one yet started the conversation because he was too busy admiring the beauty of the person he would call his soulmate in front of him. it was an awkward silence, but both of them tried to make last as long as possible. Because once one of them started talking, it all will be ruined. One of them will cry, both of them will get hurt.

               “Jiyoon Imo..” Seunghyun finally opened a conversation. Jiyong cursed again, out-loud this time, upset that the older man had to ruin the moment. He knows very well he always cry whenever he had a conversation with this man, and that’s not something he needed now. Not when everyone else is around. Not when Daesung and his family is here, not again. Seunghyun let out a samll smile, knowing that Jiyong didn’t like that he had to ruin the moment, but he can’t just stand there any longer. Not when he couldn’t touch Jiyong. “She asked for my favour. She wanted me to talk to you.”

               “.... About?” Jiyong’s tone was hostile. Seunghyun felt as if he’s a strager, as if Jiyong never knew him. Seunghyun didn’t want to continue this conversation. In the end, he will hurt Jiyong again. And also himself.

               “She wanted me to persuade you about something.”

               “Cut the , Seunghyun,” Jiyong threw the bottle he was holding, making a few eyes turned to look at him. “Just tell me what you want to say and get the hell out of here. I want to be alone.”

               The way Jiyong spoke to him was like a knife stabbed to his already crushed heart. Seunghyun can only smile, taking slow steps towards the lithe man.

               “She wanted me to assure you.. that Daesung is the perfect man for you. And you should marry him.”

               Jiyong looked up at Seunghyun who was suddenly standing before him. he didn’t realize Seunghyun walking towards him,carefully stepping on the stairs to finally stand in front of Jiyong. The platinum haired man hardened his expreession. He won’t loose this battle. He’s not going to cry this time.

               Deciding that Jiyong won’t answer him, Seunghyun continued. “I personally think he’s really the best guy for you, Ji. And remember, I will only marry Bom if you get married the same day we do.”

               He crouched down so he was at the same eye level with Jiyong. Jiyong saw the onyx eyed man put the flower he was holding onto his lap, the flower was still fresh, but it had lost one of it’s beautiful petal. It still looked beautiful, but imperfect, incomplete. Just like Seunghyun’s heart, and his own. Seunghyun tried to ignore the prickling feeling on the corner of his eyes, blinking once, twice and reached out to put a finger nuder Jiyong’s chin, forcing him to look up at him, and forcing himself  to look straight into those coffee brown eyes he loves so much.

               “If you don’t, Jiyong, I will cancel everything. I will tell everyone the truth, and I will leave Bom alone at the altar, crying her heart out because I walked out on her on her perfect wedding day,” Seunghyun pulled away, smiled when Jiyong let out a gasp. The smaller man’s eyes widened in fear, shivering at the coldness of Seunghyun’s words. At the coldness of Seunghyun’s stare. “And when that happens, it will all be your fault, Ji. I took an oath that I will marry her on the same day you do. I’m only engaged to her, Ji. One ring isn’t going to take me down.”

               “You.. you can’t..”

               “Oh yes I can. You see, there’s this thing called love that does things to people, Jiyong,” Seunghyun reached for the bottle Jiyong threw. “And it got me. It got me so bad that I bleed and suffer for the sake of it.”

               Jiyong struggled to hold his tears as Seunghyun stood, throwing the bottle he had squeezed in his palm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter