17 REVELATIONS

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seunghyun? Are you oka—“

What are the odds? For when Seunghyun finally had Jiyong in his arms, Bom just had to appear in front of his room and ruined the moment. He voice made Jiyong leaped out of the older’s embrace, standing almost a feet away from him. Tears and snot were still running down his face, he had no chance to wipe them and hide it from his best friend.

“Seunghyun? Jiyong?”

Seunghyun and Jiyong both know that Bom is not stupid. She definitely can feel something different in the way Seunghyun is looking at Jiyong right now. The raven hair is not even a bit concerned of how his fiancée was feeling. He was more worried about Jiyong. He was worried that Jiyong would once again retreat from the idea of telling Bom the whole thing. He was worried that Jiyong will give up their love again for the sake of this whole friendship thing. It’s not that Seunghyun didn’t understand the concept of friendship, but if he loves Jiyong and Jiyong loves him, isn’t Bom the one who should step back and let them be happy? Instead of forcing things the way it is now, because in the end, the three of them will spend their life in misery with broken hearts.

“Bommie—“

“Jiyong!” Seunghyun didn’t let Jiyong finished his words. He was terrified when he saw Jiyong took a step closer to the door. Afraid that the younger would once again ran away. But when Jiyong turned to look at him, his eyes were soft and assuring. Seunghyun somehow knew that Jiyong won’t do that again, he won’t run. Seunghyun relaxed a bit despite the stinging, sore feeling on his teeth, warmth radiating through his chest as he nodd at Jiyong. He knows he need to trust Jiyong this time, those brown eyes he loves told him so.

“Bommie-ah,” after making sure that Seunghyun understands and trusts him, Jiyong turned to Bom again. “I need.. We need to tell you something.”

“A-are you going to tell me that what I just saw.. was not what it looks like?”

“No, Bom, please,” Jiyong can hear the shakiness in her voice. The insecurity, the doubt. The feel of being betrayed. He can feel his resolutions crumbling. How can he broke her heart? How can he took her anchor, the only thing keeping her sane and happy? How can he?”

“Always you should know you’re my honey,”

The first line Seunghyun had sung succeed in making Jiyong freeze,while Bom looked at him in confusion. He himself wasn’t even sure why he was singing his and Jiyong’s song all of the sudden. He just wanted to give some.. encouragement to Jiyong. To tell him that he got his back.  

“Always you are on my mind,” he continued. “What I’m saying is always and forever be you and I, I, I.”

There was a deafening silence between them. None of them made a sound, as they are left to battle with their own feelings, their egos. For they should choose whose heart to save and get them out of this tangled fate.

“I..” finally Bom was the one to broke the silence. “I hated Choi Seunghyun, since the day I knew the both of you.’

“Bommie..” Jiyong wasn’t sure of what he was going to say, but he didn’t like Bom talking about Seunghyun that way. He never did.

Bom only smiled at him, before she continued speaking.

“The fat, quite, weird kid.. who was always doggin’ around me and Jiyong. Who never let us play alone but was never able to follow us because he was always too tired to run, or too lazy to jump,” Bom can see Seunghyun’s jaw tightened at her harsh words, and the look in Jiyong’s eyes pleading her to stop. But she can’t stop now. They need to know.

“But I was never one to protest. I was happy that he was left behind, hoping that someday he would stop. But no. Jiyong..,” she smiled at the memory of Jiyong as a kid. The scrawny skinny shy kid who always turned awkward and clumsy in front of Seunghyun. “Every time this Choi kid fell behind, or lose his breath trying to catch us up, Jiyong would let go of my hand. He would run back to his ‘Seunghyun Hyungie’ to help him keep up. I hated this Choi for having this... twinkle in his eyes as he finally got to catch up and walked beside me. Apologizing for being so slow and giving me compliments about how fast I walk, how pretty my hair looked as I ran or how he really liked walking beside me every time.”

“You’re disgusted of me, Bom?” Seunghyun asked through gritted teeth. “Since the beginning? That’s how you thought of me back then?”

Jiyong felt like being shot in the head but not severe enough to die. What is Bom doing? Why is she talking about their past like this? He thought she was never going to speak about her disgust towards Seunghyun back then, for it will only ruin her image. And her future.

“That’s not even the worst part.”

“Stop this,” Seunghyun pleaded. Jiyong turned to look at the man he loves and his heart shattered into pieces when he saw how pained Seunghyun looked. Even though the older was not in love with Bom, but to hear someone thinks that low about him like that must’ve hurt.

“You know what disgusted me the most?” but Bom is Bom. She is blunt with her words, and never knew when to stop. “The fact that you wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter