THE FIRST LETTER

Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi guyssss.. I wanna thank you for all of your love you're showing me by subscribing and commenting. I hope I don't disappoint you all. Chapter one is up. Enjoy! ^^

 

 

 

Dear Bommie,

I have arrived in Bali. We arrived last night, but I was too exhausted to write a letter, so only now I can write you. My computer is not yet unpacked, and our internet connection will not be installed until next week. So for the time being, I hope this letter is enough for you.

Bali is amazing!! I have never been to a place like this before. I don’t know about the rest of Indonesia yet, but Appa had promised me he will take me around Indonesia when we are settled. And when I’m in vacation of course. For now, there is this beautiful place I had to learn first. No wonder people call Bali as the Paradise Island. It really is a paradise. I love our hometown, of course. Seoul is much more.. sophisticated and modern and neat, but the difference between both places is what makes Bali more beautiful. The cultural atmosphere is very strong here. You can see people wear their traditional cloth on daily basis, there are ritual offerings all over the street, and I mean all over the street! It’s in front of every house, every building, on top of their vehicles, on every statue and big trees. It’s really amazing! I can’t wait to finally get to explore this whole island.

We live in a district called Ubud. This is actually a culture center of Bali, far from the beaches and the city light. It’s very quiet here at night, not a lot of people are around but foreign tourists who likes the silence and calmness this town offers usually come here to stay. ..

 

               “Blah blah blah..” Jiyong saw Bom tossed the letter to her side, not even reading it until the end. He quickly got up from where he was sitting, in front of his computer desk on his favourite cozy red chair, to take the baby blue colored paper. He sat beside Bom who was sprawled across his bed, not even caring about the letter as she started playing with her brand new cellphone her father gave her this morning. “It’s boring. Seunghyun got so boooooo~ring!”

               Jiyong chuckled at his friend’s attitude. Bom was the typical spoiled 12 year old girl that thinks of nothing but how she looks and how boys will look at her. It’s not a bad thing really, because besides that two irritating fact about her, she is a nice Daddy’s girl who get everything she wanted just because her dad feels guilty that her daughter is growing up without a mother. Bom’s mother died when she was still 3 years old, due to a complication she had after giving birth to Bom’s baby brother, who died 2 weeks after their mother’s because he was too weak. It was a terrible grieve for her father and her, also for Bom’s mother two bestfriend who lived in the same apartement building as she is: Jiyoon—Jiyong’s mother, and Haneul—Seunghyun’s mother. Since then, Bom was always token care by Jiyoon and Haneul, who took her as their own daughter since the both of them only had sons in their family. While being a spoiled girl she is, Bom cared about her new family a lot. She loves Jiyong’s and Seunghyun’s parents dearly, and she grew especially close to Jiyong because he and Bom had a mutual attraction in music and singing. Seunghyun does too, but his mother influence was just too strong and it made Seunghyun liked painting more than anything. Besides, Jiyong knows Bom always befriend someone based on their looks first, maybe that was the main reason why Bom was closer to him more than Seunghyun, aside from music. Seunghyun was a bit on the heavy side, Jiyong must admit. But Jiyong couldn’t not admit that even with his heavy weight and chubby cheeks, the older male was so handsome and attractive. He had a low and deep voice, very uncommon for boys his age, a cute dimple which shows everytime he pulls off a slightest smile, and thick eyebrows that Jiyong was envy of. But nobody could deny the charm of Seunghyun’s eyes. It can make anyone forget their name, where they are, what they were supposed to do, just by looking into those dark onyx eyes. But Bom never saw that in him. Even though Seunghyun loved her to death, and share his little secret to Jiyong that he will marry no other girl but Bom when they grew up, Bom just can’t get to like him that way.

               “Bommie, you can’t say that. He is just telling you about his new home there,” Jiyong said to his bestfriend, shoving the leter back under her nose so she can read it again, but Bom just shook her head and moved to her side, facing away from Jiyong.

               “I don’t need to know about his new home, I don’t ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter