Broken

Flame (Sequel to The Paranormals)

 

I was 100% sure that I was perfectly fine just twelve hours ago and now countless of Royal Doctors crowded around me their own reports on their hand. They were talking; I saw their mouths moving but I couldn’t hear them. It’s like watching a silent movie without any narration.

 

“Hey,” I said but realized that what came out of my mouth was just my breath. Oh right. I’m deaf and mute. Great. Maybe it’s just my hormones messing with me and it’ll be all right if I actually tried sleeping again. Yes, let’s just sleep and wake up from this horrible nightmare.

 

But no matter how hard I willed myself to sleep, it just wouldn’t come. I felt the doctors poking me with needles all over my body and what not until I grew frustrated and raised up my hand that was covered with flame. Even without words they could understand what I actually mean.

 

It means: Leave me alone. as.

 

Elevating the super uncomfortable hospital bed, I sat up straight and stared into space. Not sure of what to do. Without knowing, Baekhyun’s voice echoed in my head. Stop the fire, now. Stop the fire, now. Stop the fire, now.

 

Out of all the sentences he said to me, this one seemed to haunt me most. A terrifying thought struck me; what if I cannot hear his voice forever? That’s worst than getting thrown aside for another girl. Definitely worst.

 

Now I finally understood what it meant by ‘silence is deafening’. The television was playing but I couldn’t hear any sound coming from it. My heart rate appeared on the small screen beside my bed but I couldn’t hear. I am breathing but yet… no sound came out.

 

I closed my eyes, trying to stop my brain from thinking too much and maybe learn how to appreciate the silence for once. This is just a weird sickness. I will be cured. I will be cured. I must be cured.

 

Somebody tapped on my shoulder and I jerked, suddenly grew aware of what’s around me. Instead of finding Baekhyun or my grandfather to come and visit me, only Daehyun came. He smiled and I returned his smile. Well, I can’t talk, can I?

 

He started talking, maybe saying “princess” but I can’t hear. I reached out and placed my hand against his arm and he stopped moving his mouth. He tipped his head to one side trying to understand me.

 

“I can’t talk. No voice.” I mouthed each word. Daehyun’s eyes widened, finally comprehending what was going on. He took a piece of paper that was lying on the table beside my bed and began scribbling on it.

 

“What happened?”  It wrote. I took the piece of paper from him.

 

“Don’t know. Some sick prank, I guess.”

 

“Maybe its just stress. Don’t worry, princess. I’ll be here for you."

 

I smiled when I saw his note and did a love shape using my hands.

 

“Oh and don’t tell Baekhyun about this. I don’t want him to worry. Keep it between us.”

 

“I’m not so sure about that, your highness. The doctors are practically going wild because of you.”

 

“Then make them shut up. I’m tired. I want to sleep.”

 

Setting the paper aside, Daehyun tucked me into sleep and watched as he left the room.

 

**

 

When I opened my eyes, it was already night. I wonder how many people visited me during the day but I only know that I felt more pain coming from my arms. Especially that one spot on my most prominent vein. I wonder why the doc didn’t put a bandage over it considering the wound to be pretty large.

 

I felt my stomach growl; damn I was hungry. Taking the covers away from me, I reached out for the remote beside my bed when the lights suddenly and I felt somebody’s presence other than mine, inside this room. I flipped my head to the door and noticed a figure walking in and I gasped when Kay appeared.

 

Kay, that husband stealer.

 

She smirked, folding her arms together. The only time when she’s taller than me was now, mainly ‘cause I was lying down. Princess, how are you?

 

I blinked. Did I just hear her voice?

 

I opened my mouth to speak but still – nothing.

 

Oh you . Use your mind.

 

Oh… her voice appeared in my head. This happened when Baekhyun joined hearts with me during one time. I focused my Magic and tried to talk using my head. “Test.” I said.

 

Good job. Now it wasn’t that hard, was it?

 

“What is your point, Kay?”

 

Nothing, just wanted to tell you that I made you like this. And for your information, this link between us only works for me. Other than that, you can’t communicate using this method with the others.

 

“. I knew you were trouble when you walked in.”

 

Stop with the Taylor Swift reference. Living amongst the humans made me listen to all that...songs. I am trouble but so what? As long as I can manipulate Baekhyun and your stupid old fart grandfather – I’m almost near to my goal.

 

“Then what is your goal?” this woman is crazy. I swear.

 

Overtake your kingdom and to announce the rebirth of the Shape Shifters. She started laughing. Even a fool will know it because her chest was rising up and down rapidly. Why can’t anybody just walk in and drag her out. She’s insane and retarded. I can’t believe I’m talking to her. Oh and after you die, I will send Baekhyun with you too. And also your old fart. I don’t need them to mess with my life.

 

I clenched my fists, my Fire in me swirled wildly. “You can’t fight Baekhyun. He’s too strong.”

 

Come on, you ding dong brain. I don’t need to use my brain to kill someone. All I need is, she took out something from her pocket. It was a bottle, inside was filled with yellow liquid that glistened. This. This was the poison that I injected in you. So far you lost your sense of hearing and you can’t talk, right?

 

When I didn’t answer she continued.

 

Soon, maybe tomorrow, your sense of sight, touch and whatever will start to deplete. The poison will then made it’s way to your heart and BOOM, you’ll die in a painful death. I wonder how Baekhyun will feel like if I insert this into him. This is my last bottle so I must use it wisely…

 

“You’re such a !” I jumped onto my feet and manifested a ball of flames and throw it right onto her stomach. She grunted as her back smashed against the pillar behind her and she didn’t even have the time to fight back when I grabbed hold of her arms and tried to free the bottle out from her. Finally managing to throw that bottle away, I balled my fist and punched her again in the gut.

 

“You’re so dead, Kay. You’re so unlucky to have met me.”

 

Is it? She raised her brows. 

 

Her voice appeared in my head and the next second, somebody grabbed my sides and flung me off Kay. I landed hard onto the ground; a bone of two definitely broke. I shut my eyes, feeling the pain ringing in my ears. At least I’m still holding the bottle of poison.

 

Opening my eyes, I saw a pair of boots. I lifted my gaze and found Baekhyun glaring at me. He started talking but I couldn’t hear. I was desperate to hear his voice, tell him that I’m feeling unwell and that Kay is evil. I tried to move my body but it wouldn’t budge. He raised his hand, black flame coiling around his fingers - fingers that once used to comfort me, love me. But now, no. Not even near there. I gasped when he lowered his hand down and down.

 

He’s going to kill me.

 

Byun Baekhyun is going to kill me. 

 

~

 

Author's Note: 

Man... Sorry for not updating! Was too hyped up about EXO's comeback and neglected writing for awhile. 
And also cause of my assignments. Gotta finish everything by this week! :) 

And... I don't mean for this sequel to be so...angst. But it's okay, you'll like it later, i promise. (I hope. ><)

In the meantime, do comment & subscribe! 
Thank you! :)