He's Back

Flame (Sequel to The Paranormals)

 

 

“Your Highness! It’s time for etiquette training! Please get ready in ten minutes!” my personal secretary, Miss Kim, said through the intercom and the whole chamber filled with her voice. I rolled my eyes and sat up on my king-sized but empty bed – Baekhyun is not here, again. Feeling even groggy, I sauntered into the bathroom.

 

It’s been three years since I’ve graduated from S.M Academy and started on ruling Summer Court alongside with other Ministers. My grandfather is stepping down from his throne and passing it to Baekhyun soon. Which also means I’m going to be a Queen. Which .

 

But I really didn’t get to spend a lot of time with him recently. While Baekhyun is busy with court matters, I’m right here, in this stupid overly huge hall learning how to play the piano.

 

Etiquette training is killing me.

 

“Your Highness, today is your last practice for the piano recital and please do it well. You would not want to embarrass yourself in front of our neighbouring kingdoms during the grand Ball,” annoying secretary Kim said. She and my other servants stood aside as I sat on the black piano chair, mentally cursing myself for this fate of mine. Wait till I use my Fire and burn this Palace down.

 

“And after this you’ll have private cooking class with Chef Lee. During the afternoon, you’ll be having a tea party in Minister Choi’s house and will be associating with all the higher class people there and at – ”

 

“Stop. I do not wish to hear all these. Leave me alone. I’m going to practice,” I said, frustration building up in me.

 

“Very well, your highness. We’ll be waiting outside. Your instructor will be coming in soon,” secretary Kim replied. The servants bowed and went off the music room, leaving the door slightly ajar for the stupid fatass instructor that looks like a fat version of Mozart to come. I swear I hate his moustache.

 

Sighing, I flipped my piano book to the page that I needed to play. Seriously, I wasn’t even musically talented and they asked me to play a piece that requires some hardcore piano skills? I don’t think so. After waiting for fifteen minutes, I gave up and started practicing, mentally telling myself to fire fake Mozart.

 

Because it’s only eight in the morning, my hands were still feeling stiff and my tempo was off. I couldn’t get the feel to really sink myself into the music. In the end, the notes came out either wrong or just awkward. Pissed, I banged my fingers onto the piano, making it sound like an extreme case of rock concert.

 

“Stupid piano. I hate music, I hate piano and I will never play for the Ball!” I shrieked. My princess temper is really getting into me and I really need to stop it. Now everybody thinks that I’m a bratty princess instead of those elegant ones. Most of them are fakes though. They act like they’re classy but in actual fact, they are not.

 

Taking in a deep breath, I closed my eyes and focused on breathing. I see my little flame flickering inside of me and part of me wanted to just make it grow bigger and burn this piano down. I chuckled to myself.

 

Breathe in, and out, in, out.

 

Suddenly, I felt a warm pair of hands wrapped over mine, entwining them together. I gasped and my heartbeat raced. Baekhyun…?

 

No, it can’t be. He’s not in Winter Court!

 

Then… Fake Mozart?!!?

 

Refusing to open my eyes, I pry my hands away from this mysterious person. “How dare you harass the princess!” I bellowed.

 

“Kitty.”

 

His voice rang in my ears and I stopped fidgeting, letting him take my hands again. Slowly, I opened my eyes and lifted up my head to see him towering over me. An angelic smile spread across his face. “Miss me?”

 

Sudden tears sprang in my eyes and I looked away from Baekhyun, ashamed that I actually felt this way. “No,” my voice trembled. “Not at all, you jerk.”

 

I lied. I missed him so much that my heart hurts. It’s been months since I didn’t see him and he didn’t even bother contacting me at all. Such a jerk. A handsome one, that is. He released my hand and tilted my face upwards, so that I’m viewing his face upside down. “You liar.” Gently, he brushed away a tear or two that leaked from my eyes.

 

“I missed you too, my kitten,” he bend his back and his lips met mine. Millions of feelings explode within me as he kissed my lips. So soft and tender, just like him. He pulled back and wrapped his arms around me, placing his head on my shoulder. “You smell nice, changed perfume?” he said, raining kisses on my neck. I shivered at his touch.

 

“I always smell good. So, how’s work? Got a mistress already?”

 

Baekhyun stopped his stuff and sat beside me, placing his hands on the piano. “Mmm, saw a few hot chicks and asked for their number, I don’t know if they are willing to be the cocubine if their Queen was you.”

 

My brows slammed down and irritation flared. “Stupid jerk. I knew you were flirting while doing your job!” I crossed my arms and scooted as far away from Baekhyun.

 

“Aww, kitty, you’re jealous?” he shifted himself so that our knees were touching and placed an arm around my shoulder. “You know I was just joking.”

 

I flipped my hair, making sure it slapped his face. “Sorry, I take these jokes seriously and if you’re really getting a mistress, please do let me know, so I can take a closer look at that ’s face and maybe burn – ”  I didn’t actually get to finish my sentence before Baekhyun’s lips cut me off. Putting his hand behind my head to bring me closer, he deepened the kiss and my heart raced.

 

“You talk too much, kitty. Do you want me to get a ball of yarn for you to play?” He whispered, our foreheads touching.

 

“Don’t even start.”

 

“So, let’s continue with piano practice, shall we. If I’m not wrong, you have a piano recital coming up,” Baekhyun faced the piano and poised his hands on the keys, ready to play. “I’ll demonstrate once and you play, okay?”

 

“Okay – wait, you’re my piano instructor?” I asked, taken aback by the fact that my husband can play a musical instrument.

 

He flexed his fingers and squared his shoulders. “Well, I certainly can do more stuff than you.” Baekhyun winked.

 

I stood up so that he can have the whole seat to himself and crossed my arms, lifting my head high. “Show me.”

 

“Your wish is my command.”

 

**

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the wait guys! But welcome back to the continuation of The Paranormals series! 
I hope y'all enjoyed reading!

And dang, Baekhyun is such a charmer. ARGHHH /faints

Do comment and subscribe! 

<3