Fall

Flame (Sequel to The Paranormals)

 

Author’s POV

 

When Baekhyun and Ji Eun left, L released Kay and let her stand on her own. She cradled her head, circling her temple with her thumb and tried to calm her breathing down. “How are you feeling?” L asked. But when Kay didn’t reply he chuckled and raked his fingers through his hair. “I guess you’re feeling all weird and empty and hungry.”

 

She jerked her head up when L mentioned the word hungry. She was indeed hungry; raw hunger clawed up . She was thirsting for something but don’t know what. Her tongue burned and she hissed.

 

“Hush now, newbie. We’ll start the hunt soon, so please follow me.” L said, folding his arm behind his back. He made sure that the guards had already evacuated the place and the prison cell doors are locked tight. He took a step forward.

 

“Wait.” Kay said, her voice hoarse from screaming. “W-who are you? Who am I?”

 

L shifted himself so that he was facing Kay again. With a smile he said, “you’re a vampire now and you’re a criminal getting punished for your wrong doings by the King of this country…” L stopped talking when he realized that Kay wasn’t focusing on what he’d just said. She was zoning out on something else; probably the scent of the Faeries’ blood above the prison cell. “For now, let’s get you some food before you murder someone else again.”

 

After the hunt, Kay was feeling full and satisfied and the glow of hunger in her eyes has disappeared. They were waiting for the Chief of Guard in the guest hall to receive some instruction from the King before they leave. L was feeling sulky because he didn’t get to spend time with Ji Eun and best of all, she was going on a date with Baekhyun.

 

“If only I could replace Baekhyun for one day…”

 

Moments later, the guard came with a bag of stuff that they found in Kay’s room. He poured the contents out on the table. “These are the items that she left behind. Please dispose all of them immediately as some of them are listed as dangerous.” He instructed.

 

“It’s all bottles of medicine. I think you can just throw them away. Don’t think she’ll ever need it.” L picked one bottle up and looked at the instructions. It says ‘Turning into someone else. Morphing”. His eyes widened as he read the instructions. “Throw everything away, I’ll take this one.”

 

L quickly uncapped the bottle and emptied it’s content into his mouth. The guard tried to stop him but it was too late. With a smile, he told the guard to look after Kay while he was gone.

 

Closing his eyes, he waited for the magic to happen. They said Kay’s tribe was excellent scientist.  So this thing should be able to work. Even though liquid burned his vamp throat, he didn’t care. As long as this thing works, he’s fine. “As you drink, think about the person you want to change into.”  He recited the instruction in his mind and slowly, his world turned black.

 

**

 

Ji Eun

 

 

“Your Highness, you have some etiquette lessons in the late afternoon and some inner court reports to read and sign – ”

 

“Just saying this but if you can’t find me before four, just take it that I’m going on a tour around Faerie Land.” I cut her off as I dressed into my hoodie and and long jeans – the clothes that I wore when I’m in the human world. It definitely feels good to be in this attire. Luckily I managed to stop the maid who was in-charge of my dressing from throwing my clothes away.

 

“Where are you going, Princess?”

 

“I’m going out with Baekhyun. Now please keep this a secret from the boys and the wolves. I’ll be sneaking out without them. And you too, don’t follow me,” I grinned and opened my balcony window. It was freezingly cold but I got used to this temperature. Kneeling against the railing of my balcony, I edged forward, so that half of my body was hovering above, only my legs were supporting me.

 

“Your Highness! Please don’t do that, it’s dangerous!” my secretary panicked and called for the guards to help me down. Even below, the guards patrolling the area grew worried. Of course they should be worried because my bedroom was ten stories high.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” Standing on the railings, I stretched my hands out, feeling the cold air slicing through my hoodie. I inhale the scent and waited for the right time to jump. Light on my toes, feel weightless when falling, when you feel that it’s time, spread your arms and fly.

 

I closed my eyes and calmed myself down, slowing my heartbeat. It’s been long since I flew and have wanted to try it since then. The magic in me spreads slowly up to my hands and to the tip of my toes. Smiling, I took a step forward and fell.

 

I took control of my body as soon as I step into thin air. Flying was way easier before I started and I soon I found myself zipping past the large buildings of the Palace. I looked around, stopping my flight and hovered above the castle like structure, searching for Baekhyun. He must be shocked that I chose to fly to meet him instead of the usual walk. Squinting my eyes, I tried to locate his position but he was nowhere in my sight.

 

Just then, while I was busy searching endlessly, I felt a feint presence approaching me. Craning my neck, I managed to see a dark figure from the corner of my eyes. A sharp gasp tore through my lips as the attacker grabbed my waist and starting flying upwards in high speed, blurring my vision. But he wasn’t fast enough to knock me out. Grabbing this chance, I wiggled myself out from his grip and managed to elbow his gut; immediately stopping his flight and send him hurtling backwards.

 

With me along, of course. He managed to grab my hand and pulled me into a tight hug. We were plummeting down the air with such force that I had to close my eyes. Who the hell is this person attacking me? Who, who wh –

 

“Oh my dear kitty, your flying skills are better now.”

 

The air around me stilled; I was up in the air again. Weird… The person who was holding me cupped my chin and tilted my head upwards. “Open your eyes, love. It’s me.”

 

The moment I opened my eyes, I didn’t waste any time and flung my fist flying across his face. “You jerk, I thought it was some attacker attacking me!” my fist stung with pain and I bet this punch hurt. He flew backwards, and for a moment I thought he was going to fall until he let go of my waist and his whole body plunge down.

 

Panic surged through me and my mind turn blank. Was he acting? Faking it? Or did my punch really knock him out?

 

Not funny Baekhyun, not funny at all.

 

Swallowing a ball of saliva, I dived down the air, hands outstretched, ready to save him. Let’s just pray I’ll be strong enough to carry him. He was plummeting down too quickly; I needed more speed in order for him to crash against the ground. Come on… I forced myself to go faster and faster. My ears popped with pressure. This secret date was supposed to be all fun and stuff but why is this happening?

 

“Baekhyun!” I screamed his name, hoping to wake him up or warn him that this is not something to joke about. Just the second his head hits the ground, I managed to grab hold of his body and stopped the momentum so that when we fall, it wouldn’t have that much impact on our bodies. Which also mean lesser pain. But that doesn’t mean no pain.

 

Hugging him close, I flipped around so that my back was facing the ground and receive the brunt of the fall. My back scrapped the hard and rough group and thanks to my thick sweater, it doesn’t hurt as much.  But my head and limbs suffered the most. By the time we pulled to a stop, I felt like half of my lifespan is gone. I twisted my knee and ankles and even suffered from bruises. Baekhyun was directly above me, his head fall on my shoulder, our bodies pressed together.

 

“Ugh… Baek… You’re so heavy,” I clapsed his shoulders and pushed him away from me. His body flipped and he sprawled on the ground. I pulled back a gasped when I saw his face.

 

This guy wasn’t Baekhyun.

 

He was L.

 

 


A/N: 

Oops, no fluff but at least L is staying here a little longer, I guess. XD
And really sorry for the slow update! ><