Shape Shifters

Flame (Sequel to The Paranormals)

 

After spending the entire night thinking about my horrible and pathetic life, I finally arrived in a decision: live normally. What’s the point of grieving so hard when your lover loves somebody else instead of you? No point. That’s why, instead of grieving, I’m going to make him fall in love with me again.

 

I mean, what other options are there for me to choose? Leave the Kingdom?

 

Yeah, that’s one option, I forgot. Well, if it became worse, then I’ll consider that option. For now, I’m going to fight. I don’t believe that Kay would win me. It’s seemed so surreal; unbelievable that Baekhyun actually protected that midget instead of me. Ok, I may have acted a tad childish but he overreacted. So he’s worse.

 

“Your highness, its time for your piano class.”

 

I rolled my eyes, definitely pissed that I have to attend that goddamn class after all these mess. My secretary and the maids came in to help me with washing up. They gasped when they came into my room.

 

“Oh God, why is it freezing here?! Quick, turn on the heater and get extra clothes for her highness!” she ordered and then turned to face me, her eyeballs bulged. “Good gracious! You didn’t change out of your dress? And you slept without covers? Call the Royal Physician! Oh gosh, she look so pale!”

 

In a few seconds my room just turned into an emergency room. From my bed, I was suddenly placed on a ridiculous thin stretcher that may seriously break anytime and it took me moments for me to process what was going on.

 

Wait!” I screamed but nobody seemed to notice that I was yelling. The guards just lifted me up and rushed out of the room with my servants trying to catch up from behind. “Stop!” I tried again but it didn’t seemed to work. The hell?

 

I squeezed my hand out of the thick blankets and tugged onto my secretary’s shirt. “Stop –

 

Oh dear Lord. There was no voice coming out from my mouth. My secretary looked at me weirdly and took in the wrong signal. Instead, she told the guards to hurry up. Fear consumed me and I suddenly felt cold, like really cold. No matter how hard I tried to voice out, there isn’t any sound coming out. I punched my lips together to stop my lips from trembling.

 

If this was a sick nightmare then I better snap out of it. It’s not funny to wake up one day learning that you lost your voice. “Princess, we’re reaching the Royal hospital please….” I was certain that my secretary was talking to me but what I saw was only moving, her voice was too soft. When I realized that all sound was away from me, it was already too late.

 

I screamed and shouted with all my might but no sound came out.

 

**

 

K A Y

 

When she made sure that no one is around, Kay got out of her luxurious bed and silently walked out of her room. Her hand went down to her jeans pocket to feel whether the bottle was there before proceeding into the Royal Hallway; where the Princess slept.

 

Kay was beyond thrilled. She didn’t know infiltrating the Palace would be so easy. Thanks to lady luck, she guessed. Heck it, even the Crown Prince was under her command; everything will proceed smoothly, just like she’d planned.  Killing the Prime Minister’s daughter and pretending to be her was far much more easier than she’d expected. And if she successfully managed to get rid of this troublesome Princess and marries Baekhyun; in no time, Forbidden Land will rule Faerie Land.

 

Yes, for all of you who don’t know what Forbidden Court is – it’s a land somewhere between Earth and Faerie Land. Forgotten by many, remembered by none. Once upon a time, Forbidden Land ruled the Mystical Creatures. As Shape Shifters, they ruled tremendous power of people, even before Faerie Courts were formed.

 

The Shape Shifters were excellent in inventing stuff, and by injecting medicine into their body, they are able to shape shift into any animal or people that they wanted. Their rules came to an end when Faeries, Werewolves and Vampires were born. Shape Shifters became the weakest amongst all and soon, they disappeared. The last few that remained eventually died in a land, which named the Forbidden Land.

 

A guard was spotted outside of Ji Eun’s room and Kay stopped in her tracks, hiding behind the pillar. With enhanced hearing, she could hear somebody talking in her room and she waited. Suddenly, she watched as the boys stormed out of the room along with all the guards. With a smirk, she slipped into Ji Eun’s room.

 

Not wanting to alarm her, Kay hid behind the wall that separates the dining room and her bedroom. From the window reflection, she could see what Ji Eun was doing; she was crying. Kay rolled her eyes. What a weakling. For hours and hours, Ji Eun cried and cried and it got into Kay’s nerves. “You’re going to die anyway, why keep crying?”  Kay thought.

 

Finally a soft snoring came out from her. “It’s time.”

 

Approaching her bed with light steps, Kay took out the bottle. Opening the cover, she was careful to avoid the needle. Inside the bottle was filled with liquid called ‘Death Drug’. Once inserted into your veins it simply equals to death. First, the person’s five senses will fail and soon the poison will spread to the organs starting and ending from the heart.

 

An evil grin spread across her lips as she poised her needle right on to the most prominent vein on Ji Eun’s arm. With a slight push, the pointed needle slipped into her skin and she watched in glee as the yellow poison disappeared by the second. After making sure there was not a single drop of poison left, she pulled the needle out and slipped it back into her pocket.

 

“Goodbye, Princess.”  

 

The Forbidden Land will make its comeback. And Kay was going to make sure it does no matter what method she uses.

 


Author's Note: 

Whaddup!! Damn, Kay is being a ! All of your comments actually make me crack up. :D:D
Just to clarify any doubt: Kay is bad. Period. And apparently shape shifters are back. o: 

Do comment and subscribe and upvote! I'll appreciate it a lot! :) 
Twitter anyone? Mine's @danceslikestars xD