Our Night

Flame (Sequel to The Paranormals)

 

All eyes were on us when Baekhyun and I trudged into the Hall. The red carpet felt just right under my heels and I had no trouble walking. By no trouble it means that I am not stumbling, staggering or doing any stupid movements that would make me look like an idiot. With Baekhyun’s arm clung around me, we went down the Hall and I forced myself to smile as naturally as I could.

 

The orchestra played and the guests clapped. The hall room was larger and bigger from the others that I’ve seen. Of course, for such an important ceremony as this, it was a must for perfection. The walls were pristine and large windows stretched across the hall, overlooking the forests and city outside. Sunlight poured in, creating a dream-like feel atmosphere in this room.

 

I don’t know how long I walked but I continued and we passed the VVIP tables and up to the wide stage where two large thrones were situated. My grandfather gave me a goofy smile when I looked at him. I smiled back at him sheepishly and then I looked at my petite mother, whom smile never faded at all.

 

The people sat and one particular table caught my attention: all the EXO boys, my werewolves guards and L’s vampire pack were sitting quietly and having a chat amongst themselves. Wow, such a miracle. As the ‘Priest’ of the Faerie Realm begun his ritual, everyone remained silent as the sacred ceremony begin.

 

“Byun Baekhyun, please transfer some of your Flames over here and stop only when I tell you to do so.” The Priest said. Baekhyun placed his hands over a bowl of water. I have no idea what the Priest is going to do but I hope it’s something cool. At first the water didn’t move. But after a few seconds, Baekhyun’s black flames coiled over his hands and slowly touching the waters.

 

The most amazing thing happened; the water seemed to in Baekhyun’s Flame and morphed into something. The mist was blocked his entire hand and bowl so I couldn’t figure out what was that thing.

 

“Please stop.” The Priest instructed and Baekhyun pulled back his hand. The Flame died down and the mist cleared. What lay inside the bowl wasn’t water anymore but a King’s crown and a ring that matches his Flame colour.

 

“Oh my God… this is so amazing,” I mumbled.

 

Then, it was my turn. The Priest called me forth and made me do the exact same thing. It’s going to be fine. Easy. Just call my Flame out and I’ll be done. I positioned my hand on the cold, steel bowl and calmed myself down. I wonder what my Flame would generate. A crown, maybe? Or something stupid. I swear if something stupid was made I’m going to take Baekhyun’s one and wear it.

 

I closed my eyes and concentrated, trying to find my source of Magic. My Flame clicked in place and started to spread from my heart to my hands. All six of my powers began snaking it’s way to the tip of my fingers. The bowl started to vibrate vigorously and the water inside the bowl was jumping. I snapped my eyes opened; panic engulfed me. Am I going to screw up? What is happening?

 

I snapped my gaze to the Priest but he nodded his head, as if asking me to continue going. But the water is coming out of the bowl! Fine if he wants me to continue, I shall. Irritated, I shut my eyes again and concentrated on just sending my power to the bowl and then to the jumping water. After what seemed like eternity, the Priest finally stopped me.

 

“Wow…” I heard Baekhyun said.

 

“Excellent, this is splendid!” A wide smile appeared on the Priest’s face as he lifted up my bowl of treasure to show it to the audience. The audiences’ jaw dropped for a moment and then started to cheer and applaud. I stood there, dumbfounded.

 

That’s it. It must be something ridiculous.

 

“For the first time in a thousand years, the Queen, Park Ji Eun, has generated the most beautiful and exquisite jewelry!” The Priest announced and my eyes bulged out. What did he just say? The Priest continued. “As you all know, this ceremony is not only to showcase how formidable our monarchy is but by looking at the jewelry every Kings and Queens create, tells a story. And each treasure they made, their own powers will be stored inside and if any one of the jewels is forcefully removed from their body, the Faerie Realm will crumble. This is the very core power of being the King and Queen of our Realm.”

 

With that, the Priest ended his speech and lowered the bowl down. With both hands, he took out the jewel that I made; it was a necklace with six different coloured carats hung on it. I gasped – it was dazzling. Not only that, I even made three wrist bracelet, one pair of earrings and two rings.

 

The only thought that came to my mind was: I. AM. RICH.

 

And I better not say it out loud because it might sound rude.

 

Six colours indicates six different powers I had.

 

Fire, water, ice, earth, electric and resistance. 

 

Once every single piece of jewels were on my body – and seriously I feel like a walking Christmas tree, the Priest proceeded to the final segment of the ceremony. “Long live the King and Queen!” he chanted.

 

“Long live the King and Queen!”

 

“Long live the King and Queen!”

 

“Long live the King and Queen!”

 

“Long live the King and Queen!”

 

“Please drink the remaining water for your official consummation night later and we hope to have little Princes and Princess running around the palace!” the Priest gave us each a goblet of water and made us drank every single drop. The audience went wild.

 

“What consummation night?” I asked after drinking. Baekhyun looked at me, his eyes softened.

 

“It’s the night where we’ll become one, love.”

 

 

**

 

It took me quite a long time to comprehend what Baekhyun said but when the night closed in and the guests went home one by one, I started to realize that consummation night was going to be… Embarrassing. Baekhyun and I were led to our new sleeping quarters and the room was ginormous.

 

Before I could even finish exploring our new bedroom, Baekhyun’s lips crashed into mine and he carried me into our bed. His touches seared into my skin, making my entire body burned hotly. His kisses were passionate and loving and gosh, Baekhyun never smells bad. Did I say that before?

 

Baekhyun pulled back, letting me and him catch our breaths. “My Queen…” He whispered into my ear, his hot breath fanning my neck. Baekhyun lay beside me and pulled me into a tight hug. “It’s going to be a long journey from now on, are you ready?” he asked.

 

“Didn’t you ask me that before?”

 

“I did? I must have forgotten.” He chuckled, I felt his chest vibrated. “Tell me again.”

 

“Ever ready,” I said firmly.

 

“Perfect.” He gently grasped my shoulders and pulled me back. “Now are you ready for the first job of a Queen?” He smirked.

 

I started to blush wildly and looked into his dark orbs. I have a weird feeling about this…“W-what would that be?”

 

“I want my Palace to be crowded, noisy and fun… With kids,” My eyes widened.

 

“Wha-”

 

Baekhyun didn’t wait for me to finish my sentence before he claimed my mouth with his again. I didn’t reject though. I am ready to accept my first job as the Queen of this country. I returned his kisses equally too.

 

And so that night, Baekhyun and I became one.  

 

 


 

A/N:

Just want to keep this story clean and 'pure' but let your imagination run wild for this one. ;) 
 

-Moving on-