Healing

Flame (Sequel to The Paranormals)

 

“Oh God, Mr. Vamp are you there?” I shook L’s shoulders but he didn’t budge. My fingers accidentally brushed over his face and I held back a shriek – it was icy cold. The royal guards were running towards us after seeing us falling down from nowhere. Panic rise up my chest and my heart squeezed; why the heck did L become Baekhyun? Where did Baekhyun go?

 

“Your highness, are you all right?” one of the guards asked. He kneeled down and inspected my wounds.

 

“I can’t walk for now but I’ll be fine. Check on this guy instead. He’s unconscious,” I ordered the guards to lift L up and bring him to the hospital wing. They obeyed and hurriedly rushed to L’s side.

 

“Your Highness, I’ll bring you to the Royal Physician, so forgive me if –  ”

 

“It’s ok. I’ll take her,” Daehyun, who I have no idea how the heck did he appear intercepted the guards’ words and picked me up from the ground. “Princess, are you all right? I had a feeling you’re going to do something stupid so I trailed you, but I didn’t manage to catch you on time.” Daehyun said, eyes downcast as guilt plastered his face.

 

“It’s all right. These injuries are nothing to me. The royal doctors can heal me in no time,” I affirmed him. “By the way, while you are trailing me did you see what happen to Baekhyun and Mr. Vamp?”

 

“Yeah, apparently L and Baekhyun switched bodies. But L didn’t know that Baekhyun was flying and I think the medicine apparently went haywire and made L knock out. So I don’t think you have to worry much. Baekhyun is in the guest hall. But I think he’s going to find you.” Daehyun pushed the door opened to the doctor’s room and placed me down gently.

 

“Omo, what happened to our Princess?” the doctor staggered over, his long moustache tickled my arm when he inspected my elbows and then proceeding down to my knees. His assistants came scuttling over after hearing the commotion and helped me heal the cuts on my limbs. “Wait, doctor – can you check on L first? I’m afraid his injuries are worst than mine.”

 

The doctor laughed as if I said a funny joke. I scowled and Daehyun stood beside my bed. “Don’t worry, Princess. L is in the other room where other doctors are treating him.”

 

I let out a relief sigh. “That’s good.” The door to my room burst opened and Baekhyun rushed inside. For the first time, Baekhyun his top few shirt buttons. His hair was tousled in a hot way and even though outside is freezing, I could see cold sweat trickling down his cheek. His eyes searched around the room and finally catching mine, he let out a ragged breath and approached me.

 

The doctors and assistants stepped aside as Baekhyun came. Even Daehyun left. Baekhyun’s expression was unreadable. I don’t know whether he’s mad or sad or something else. I shifted to my left, so that there’s some space for him to lie on. A soft smile spread across his lips, breaking the ice. He sat on my bed and wrapped his arms around my waist, careful to avoid my fresh cuts.

 

“Oh baby, I thought I lost you.” He whispered against my ear, he held onto me tighter and I clung around his neck. Baekhyun sighed again and nuzzled against my shoulder. “I’m so glad you’re fine.”

 

“Me too. I was scared too. I thought I didn’t make it in time to catch you. But it wasn’t you anyway. But still – traumatizing.” I admitted. Hot tears seared my eyes. I blinked them away. “No more flying lessons from now on. I’m beyond terrified.” I laughed.

 

“Yeah, I don’t think I’ll be flying around too. Let’s ride horsies next time,” he said, pulling his head back and placed a soft kiss on my cheek and then making his way up to my nose and finally my lips. His touch burned against my skin, sending waves of flames through my body. I threaded my fingers through his hair, appreciating the soft texture of his hair. We could go on like this forever and not stop. Baekhyun pulled back reluctantly, all his worries were gone. His trademark cheeky smile played his lips.

 

“What?” I furrowed my brows. Is there something on my face?

 

“Nothing. Just staring at my wife.” He cupped my cheeks and circled his thumb around it and stares deeply into my eyes. Because of the sunlight that streamed in, I could see honey brown streaks around his iris, making his eyes looked amazing. “I love you.”

 

I blushed, my face becoming hot by the second. “What’s with the sudden confession?”

 

“It seemed like the perfect moment to say it, you know.” He grinned. I gently slapped his chest and accidentally see what’s beneath his thin shirt.

 

“You’re so mysterious sometimes.” I said, trying to avert my eyes away from that milky glory of his. “And we should go. I think my wounds aren’t that bad.”

 

“What are you looking at, you naughty,” he smirked, letting his hands go. Baekhyun fumbled with his buttons and I watched play around with those buttons. I grew irritated just by watching him.

 

“Oh gosh, you can’t button your own shirt?” I said, moving his hands away and helped him instead. I hear him laugh as I made my way up to the last button. “You must be pampered your whole life.”

 

“Yes, baby. Pampered by you. Only you.”

 

 

**

 

When I found L, he was already with Kay in the guest hall, waiting for his carriage to arrive. A grim smile casted his face and he avoided my gaze when I went into the room. “Mr. Vamp,” I called out but he ignored me. I rolled my eyes. Since when did he become such a kid?

 

“L.” I called again, this time I managed to sound serious. He responded.

 

“What?”

 

“Are you angry at me or you’re just guilty that you did something stupid?” I snapped. “Because your actions now are just childish.”

 

He looked away and then flipped his head back to me again. “Fine… I’m sorry I did that. But I just want to spend more time with you before I leave. As friends.” L admitted, his face flushed red. “Don’t get me wrong now…”

 

My gaze softened. “Then you could’ve just said so. Wait, aren’t you attending my coronation ceremony? You can come again and we can have a post celebration party instead.”

 

His eyes lit up. “That’ll be great. I have to bring Kay back and introduce her to the rest of my members. I’ll be back on your big day then.”

 

“Yeah, it’s next week. Don’t forget.” I smiled.

 

“I won’t forget it, my Lady,” he stepped forward and kissed my hands. “Then I’ll see you soon.”

 

“Yes, Mr. Vamp. Prepare some nice gifts for me if you wish.”

 


A/N:

Oh my god... BAEKHYUN + JI EUN IS JUST ASLKJDLKJSFLSJFJ , they need a room. 
Sorry for the delay, I . ):