The Change

Flame (Sequel to The Paranormals)

 

“Oh my gosh, L! I missed you so much!” L took me in his arms and spun me around before settling me down on the ground. He grinned widely, brushing my locks of hair behind my ear.

 

“I missed you too, my lady. How are you?” he asked politely, not once thinking of letting my hand go. His hand was still icy cold – of course, being a vampire means that he has no blood circling around his system.

 

“Perfect. A little situation just happened but it went well…” I said.

 

“Well, I was hoping you would say no and I’ll immediately bring you back to my place and we can live happily together. So I supposed your this husband is treating you well?” he eyed Baekhyun who was glaring at us, his jaw clenched tight, balling his fists.

 

My gaze shifted to angry Baekhyun and then back to L, smiling. “Not really, he nearly killed me.” I joked and then sticking out my tongue at Baekhyun, making him going insane. Turning back to L, I asked, “So, what are you doing here?”

 

L sighed; a bright but yet depressing smile crested his face. “I came to attend your coronation ceremony. And also to bring Kay back.”

 

**

 

 

“What do you mean bring Kay back? She’s a vamp, too?” I asked, tilting my head to one side as we proceeded down to the cell room where Kay was locked in. All six of my werewolves plus a couple more experienced guards accompanied me, their senses on high alerts.

 

“I’ll tell you later when we reached her room…” L said.

 

This is the first time I’ve been into this creepy hallway where my grandfather kept their prisoners in. Every cell has a respective guardian taking care of its prisoner in case they flee or try to destroy our Faerie Land. The guardians bowed when I passed through them. No matter how I tip toe to peek over the prisoners on the other side of their wall, I can never see them. It’s not like I want to though… I’m just kinda curious.

 

The jail department is separated into three levels. The first would be the least dangerous criminals while the third is the most heavily guarded zone. And Kay, unfortunately, falls under the third category. Not only guarded by several well-trained guards, she also has to undergo treatment to weaken her to prevent her from escaping and I heard… it wasn’t pleasant at all.

 

We headed down to another narrow hallway and into a darker, smaller room. In there, stood a line of guards blocking the door that leads to Kay’s room. One of them stepped forward, sweeping a low bow.

 

“Your Highnesses, I’m afraid only the vampire here can go in first – it’s too dangerous.” He said.

 

“What’s so dangerous about it? We have so many guards here.” I retorted, not believing I can’t fight against Kay. The guard didn’t reply, instead, he lowered his gaze and stepped aside. I turned to L.

 

“What are you going to do to her anyway?”

 

“By order of your King, I’m supposed to take her in as a new fledging and train her to be a vampire.” L explained, retracting his fangs, letting the venom drip onto his tongue. Red lines swirled in his eyes.

 

“What? Doesn’t that make her even more powerful?” I asked, flabbergasted by my grandfather’s command. Baekhyun stepped beside me, his shoulders brushing against mine, making me fully aware that he’s right beside me.

 

“My venom is special, princess. It erases memories and transform them to a pure vampire.” L winked and flexed his fingers. “It’s time for some delicious meal, don’t you think?”

 

I rolled my eyes and waved my hand. “Let us in.”

 

The door clicked opened and I saw Kay chained against the wall, her face drained of any colour. She heard us coming in and managed to open one eye, which was void of all emotions. My heart softened; even though she made me suffer and mad, I kind of pity her state now. She didn’t even stir when L approached her. I doubt she have anymore blood for him to drink…

 

“It’s better not to see me, Princess. It’s not going to be pleasant,” L warned, his voice became deeper and dangerous. Turning back, his eyes turned crimson red and his fangs looked scarier than before. But when he smiled, I knew he was still the same person.

 

“It’s okay. Go ahead and do your… stuff,” I said sheepishly, feeling excited for no reason. Baekhyun’s hands interlocked with mine as we watched the Change taking place in front of us.

 

“Now, now. It’s going to hurt, a little,” L said as he brushed Kay’s hair to one side, exposing her right neck. He felt for her most prominent vein on her neck and slowly sunk his fangs. Nothing happened at first. I could practically feel my heart jumping out of my ribcage. It’s too fascinating to actually watch this happening right in front of me.

 

Suddenly, Kay screamed. Her screams were so high that it pierced the silence in the room. She didn’t stop screaming until L pulled back his head and cooed her against his shoulder. She was crying, her sobs replacing her strangled screams. “It’s okay now, hush, hush.”

 

When I decided that it’s safe for me to go over, I did, Baekhyun trailing behind me. “How is she?” I managed to say. Colour returned to her face and she didn’t look dead like just now. When she lifted up her head, I could finally see her eyes; light, hazel brown swirled wildly in her eyes and oh my gosh, she looked so beautiful with those eyes.

 

“Kay…?”

 

“Who are you?” she managed to speak, however she lost control of herself and bared her fledging’s fangs at me. Baekhyun pulled me back.

 

“Be careful, she’s not ready to face us yet. Let L deal with her first.” Baekhyun warned and nodded his head to L, telling him that we’re going to get going first.
 

“Man, that change was quite an eye-opener.” I puffed my cheeks and blew air out. We went back to our place and got ready for the next half of the day. “Going anywhere later?” I asked Baekhyun. He thought about my question for a moment and then stopped walking. I stood beside him.

 

“What do you want to do with me, baby? I’m free.” He clasped my shoulders, leaning forward. A grin spreads across his face.

 

“Hmmm...”

 

“What, just say it.”

 

“Let’s go back to the human world. I want to go to the beach,” I whispered into his ears, making sure the others couldn’t hear it. Pulling back, I put up the best puppy eyes face I could ever do. I watched his gaze softened.

 

“A cheeky request from my playful princess,” he pinched my nose and then slid his hands down to mine. “To the beach, then.”

~~

 

Author's Note:
 

Firstly, I am so sorry for not updating frequently... I have so many assigments to rush during my two weeks holidays, didn't have the time to update at all. Oh gosh. I feel so bad but anyway, I finished most of my stuff now so I'll be updating often soon! :) 

Secondly... HOLEY SHIET A CHEEKY DATE WITH BAEKHYUN OMG WHO WANTS IT TOO? Definitely me. :)

And finally, EXO FIRST WIN OMGGGGG I AM SO PROUD OF THEM, LIKE SO SO SO PROUD OF THEM. <3 
EXO FIGHTING FOREVAAAAA<3

 

Okay, bye.