The Meeting

Forever Love

"Mother, this is Kim Hyunah. My friend that I have been telling you all this time. Hyunah, this is my beloved mother." Amber introduced Hyunah to her mother.

 

"It's my pleasure to meet you, Mother." Hyunah bowed to Amber's mother.

 

The old and pale woman stared at the beautiful young maiden in awe. Dressed in a pink blue dress, she looked like a goddess descended from the heaven. "It's nice to meet you, too, my child. Forgive me for this ugly condition of our house." What a lovely and decent maiden, she thought to herself.

 

The three siblings of Amber ran into the house.

 

"These are my naughty siblings." Amber introduced Hyunah to her siblings.

 

"They all are so lively!" Hyunah praised the siblings of Amber.

 

The eldest son came out and bowed. "My fair lady, it's nice to meet you. Let me introduce you myself. I'm Andrew, the big brother. This is Aman, the middle brother and this is Amanda, the youngest child. We all are at you service." They bowed in unison.

 

Amber palmed her face while Hyunah was smiling at the cuteness of the three pure and innocent children. The old mother could only laugh at the behaviour of her flesh and blood.

 


 

They were sitting at the round wooden dining table. On the table, there were hot mantaos with glasses filled with herbs.

 

"These mantaos were hand made by my mother. You could not find these anywhere else. These are the mantaos that give me life until now. They have the best taste in the whole wide world to me."

 

"Stop it, will you, Amber? Please pardon my too ambitious daughter, my child. These are only usual mantaos. I could only make these. I understand if they don't suit your taste, my child."

 

Hyunah looked at the plain mantaos with glittering eyes. She had never taste a mantao before. She saw them before but never really taste them. She took a mantao in her hands.

 

"They look delicious, Mother. Can I taste it?" Hyunah asked the old yet still good looking lady.

 

The old woman just smiled. "It will be my honour, my child."

 

Hyunah smile happily and she took a bite of the mantao. She was chewing them long enough to make five pairs of eyes to stare at her.

 

"This is the most tasty food I had ever taste!" Hyunah exclaimed loudly after she swallowed her food.

 

They talked a lot. And strangely, the cold atmosphere warmed up because the house was filled with laughter.

 


 

It was almost dawn, Amber was walking Hyunah to her home.

 

"Your family is amazing, Amber. Your mother, Andrew, Aman and Amanda. They are all amazing people. I never had so much laughter in my life before."

 

Amber smiled happily. "Yes, they are. I'm really grateful to have them as my family. Even though we're poor, we're still happy."

 

"If only my family can be as amazing as yours, Amber. If only I could laugh together with my father, my mother and my brothers just like your family. It will be amazing." Hyunah sighed.

 

"Be grateful, Hyunah. The Creator of Heaven and Earth could take back all of the thing you have if you don't stop complaining."

 

Hyunah covered . "You're right. I will not talk like this anymore."

 

Amber smiled. "Good student, indeed." She patted Hyunah head.

 

They reached the back door of Hyunah's house.

 

"I'll be going in then. Goodnight, Amber. I'll see you tomorrow." Hyunah walked backward slowly.

 

"Goodnight and sleep well, Hyunah. See you then." Amber replied.

 

"Goodnight." Hyunah said again.

 

"Goodnight." Amber replied with a grin.

 

"I'll see you tomorrow."

 

"Sure thing."

 


 

Back at Amber's house, the siblings were helping their old mother to clean the table.

 

The old woman was in a deep thought. She looked worry, too. She had noticed something. Something that she didn't want to believe it to be true.

 

It was Amber's gaze. Amber's gaze on that fair maiden of Kim family. The old lady saw the two exchanged gazes. She saw how Amber stared and looked at Hyunah. And she was afraid.

 

"Amber's gazes were so similar to her late father. The gazes he gave only he was with me. The gazes filled with emotions. The gazes of a person in love. I hope I am wrong. This thing can't be happening. Not to my eldest daughter." She coughed heavily to that thought.

 


 

Finally, Hyunah met Amber's family! YAY!

I'm afraid Amber's mom is right.

Amber's mom is still sick. =(

Hope she'll be better soon.

Hyunah likes Amber really much, huh?^^ So obvious^^

Stay tune, okay?^_^ Bye-yeom!