The Unexpected News

Forever Love

 

Hyunah was crying her heart out on her bed. Her eyes were red and puffy from so much of crying. She had heard the most terrifying and disappointing news ever.

 

How could she?



 

She sat quietly at the chair as she stared at the stranger. The stranger was sticking his eyes on her, making her wanted to run away from him. Hyunah poked Jiyoon who was standing beside her. Jiyoon brought her head near to Hyunah's. "Who is that creepy man?" Hyunah asked in whispering tone.

 

"I don't know either, Miss." Jiyoon answered and shook her head.

 

Hyunah was having a bad vibe about this. Her mother came in the living room. And to Hyunah's surprise, her mother was welcoming the stranger.

 

"Magistrate Lee Joon. It's an honour to meet you today. I had heard a lot of you from my lord." Hyunah's mother said to the stranger.

 

Magistrate Lee Joon? Hyunah's eyes enlarged as she heard the name. He was the magistrate from the other town. He was the magistrate who was a well known woman player in the zone. Her palms were sweating. Her heart was thumping hard.

 

"It's an honour to see the infamous Undying Beauty. You're as beautiful as the Moon and as calm as the ocean, my lady. If you were not Lord Kim's wife, I would have ask for your hand instead." He flirted with Hyunah's mother.

 

"I'm so flattered, Magistrate Lee Joon." Hyunah could see her mother was blushing hard. Ugh, this sweet talker jerk!

 

"Here are some humble gifts from me, my lady." He handed Hyunah's mother a mysterious basket.

 

"What is this, Magistrate?" Hyunah's mother accepted it and unveiled the basket. "Goodness me! Rings and necklaces made from pearls!" The beautiful middle-aged woman could not hide her surprise expression. "Thank you, young lord. These are beautiful gifts."

 

"They would be more beautiful if a beautiful maiden wear them." He said bluntly and his eyes immediately went to gaze at Hyunah.

 

Hyunah lowered her eyes at the floor. This player! I won't fall for those cheap words of yours!

 

Hyunah's mother laughed in delight. "Yes, certainly. Please be sited, young lord." She placed the basket on the table.

 

Lee Joon sat down with his eyes still on Hyunah. He was smirking at her.

 

"Magistrate Lee Joon, this is my one and only daughter, Kim Hyunah. She is the apple of my eyes." The Undying Beauty introduced Hyunah to Lee Joon."My daughter, this is Magistrate Lee Joon." Her mother signaled her to stand up.

 

Unwillingly, Hyunah stood up and bowed. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Magistrate." She had her fake smile on her face.

 

"Kim Hyunah. Your name is beautiful and yet you yourself are even beautiful. What am I talking about? This is the daughter of Undying Beauty. Of course, the daughter is a goddess."

 

Hyunah wanted to throw up at his words. You filthy player! She cursed him in her mind.

 

"I came to deliver the words of my father, my lady." Joon sat down. "It's about my lady visit to our resident a few months ago. "

 

Hyunah's eyes widen. A few months ago? My Mother went to their resident? Wait. Was that when she told me to go the temple alone? I don't have a good feeling about this.

 

Hyunah saw her mother was squeezing her own hands and her chest was going up and down fast. What's going on here?

 

"My father said yes. And I, myself agree , too." With straight face, Joon blurted out.

 

Hyunah's mother jumped from her sit. "You all agreed?"

 

Hyunah was still blur. Agree? Agree what?

 

"Mother, what is this all about?" Hyunah bravely asked her mother.

 

Her mother just gave her a sharp stare. Hyunah didn't dare to ask more.

 

"She still doesn't know?" Joon questioned Hyunah's mother.

 

"Urm… This…" Frowns were formed on the Undying Beauty's forehead.

 

"I still don't know? Know what? What is this all about, Magistrate Joon?" Hyunah asked the player.

 

Joon touched his chin. "You still have no idea, indeed. Should I tell her, my lady?"

 

"Just tell me now." Hyunah stood up. Just tell me now.

 

"Jiyoon, can you leave us alone now?" The big lady commanded the confused maid. Jiyoon bowed a little before she left the living room.

 

"Mother."

 

The Undying Beauty took a deep breath. "Hyunah, my daughter. It's…"

 

Before her mother could finish her sentence, Joon interrupted. " It's about marriage. Our marriage."

 

Hyunah's face fell. Her world went blank. "Marriage? Our marriage?"

 

"Yes. Your mother came to our house to…" Joon coughed. "To ask for our family's surname." It was a way to ask for someone's hand. For shorter, marriage.

 

Hyunah's eyes widen. Her jaw dropped. She threw her mother a unbelievable look. "Please Mother. Please tell me this is not true." Her vision went blur by her tears.

 

"Hyunah, I…"

 

Tears swiftly ran down her cheeks. Without any words, Hyunah left the living room.

 

"Hyunah! Hyunah! Hyunah!"

 


 

"Miss, please don't cry anymore. You've been crying for hours. Your face is all swollen now." Jiyoon and Sohyun were consoling their young maiden.

 

"How… How could Mother do such thing? How could she?" Have you ever heard of a lady asking for a man hand? This is just ridiculous. What have gotten into my Mother? She will always tell me if she wants to plan something. How could she!" Hyunah cried harder.

 

The two maids were feeling so hopeless to see their beloved maiden cry. Sohyun couldn't hold her tears back and cried along.

 

Jiyoon tried to stay strong. She patted Hyunah's head. "It hurts to see you like this, Miss. Please don't cry."

 

Suddenly, Hyunah stood up and wiped her tears. "I must go to Amber now. I must go to her." Without any lag, she rushed out of her room.

 

Jihyun, the head maid saw her and tried to stop her. "Miss, it's late already! You can't go out now!" She grabbed unto Hyunah's clothes.

 

With force, Hyunah escaped from her. Quickly running through the kitchen and the back entrance.

 

As she was running, the tears didn't stop falling, too. There was only one name in her head now.

 

Amber.

Please be there for me.

Please, Amber.

 


 

OMO! What is this? ;____;

Why is this so suddenly? =O

Who is this Magistrate Lee Joon? O_o

Please don't hate him in real life. LOL XD

(have y'all listen and watch Mona Lisa MV? It's beautiful.)

Hyunah's mother need to explain this. *nods*

Fate won't be too cruel, right? Right? ;~~~;

Leaving y'all to guess. Bye-yeom~