The Lessons

Forever Love

Hyunah finished playing the song beautifully as Amber had her eyes glued on Hyunah.

 

"How's that, my teacher?" Hyunah asked Amber about her performance.

 

"That was just beautiful, Hyunah. Just as beautiful as you." Amber replied. What did I just said?

 

Hyunah bit her lower lip. Did I hear that right? "What did you just said?"

 

Amber cleared . "Ehem… I said, it was beautiful. Just as beautiful as usual. That's right. As usual." Amber tried to cover her words. "But this time was better. You are a fast learner, Hyunah."

 

Hyunah smiled brightly. "It's because I have an awesome teacher," she teased Amber.

 


 

Everyday, Hyunah would go out from her home to meet Amber at their secret place. She would be gone by the noon and return home before the dawn.

 

Amber taught Hyunah about life and knowledge.

 

She taught Hyunah how to catch a fish for there is a saying that goes, "If you give a person a fish to eat, he will be only full for one day. Teach him to catch a fish, then he will be full for the rest of his life."

 

She taught Hyunah how to make a grasshopper from grasses. "You don't have to spend much money to make a pretty arts. Sometimes it needs no money at all. Nature will offer you the greatest arts you could ever find."

 

She taught Hyunah how to bounce the stone on the surface of the water. "Nature proves to you that you can change the written faith. Believe in yourself  and the Creator of Heaven and Earth will lead your way."

 

Amber taught Hyunah all sort of things that she had learnt from life. From the smallest to the widest things she know. From a drop of water to the wide ocean. The every single thing she learnt from her father and mother, she taught them to Hyunah. From the harshness of life to the little enjoyment of life. Nothing was left behind.

 

Amber was her teacher. No. Amber was her professor. She knew she did the right thing to learn from the 18 years old maiden. Hyunah knew that Amber's heart can be as hard as stone and as soft as cottons. In her heart and soul, Amber was a perfection.

 


 

"My teacher, when could I ever meet your family?" Hyunah asked Amber as she threw the stone to the river. The stone bounced three times before it sank.

 

Amber was taken back. "Why do you want to meet my family?"

 

"Your family must be as awesome as you, my teacher. I really want to meet your mother." Hyunah replied her.

 

"My family is nothing compare to yours, Hyunah." Amber smirked bitterly.

 

Hyunah noticed the sad tone of Amber's voice. She was thinking awhile. "I learnt from someone before that we as an individual must have self-esteem. I wonder who taught me that?" She said teasingly.

 

Amber burst into laughters. She was teased by her own words. Hyunah was really a bright girl.

 

"Hahaha. Indeed. We shall go and meet my family tomorrow then. Is that alright with you, Hyunah?"

 

Hyunah clapped her hands in happiness. "Really? It will be my greatest pleasure to meet them, my teacher!" Hyunah exclaimed.

 

"By the way, can you stop calling me 'my teacher' already? Amber is much shorter, you know?"

 

Hyunah stopped jumping around and stared into Amber's lovely eyes. "Alright, Amber."

 

Amber's heart was overflowing with joy as she heard her name came out from Hyunah's plum lips.