Knowing Donghae

I'm just his DISPLAY WIFE

Donghae is wondering what would be his life after agreeing with his Father's will. 

 

FLASHBACK

"young master Donghae, please pass your report to your father as soon as possible." his butler informed him. 

Donghae's father is actually in a hospital for about a month now. though he's been in charge with their company due to his father's

sickness, he still manages to attend school. Donghae's passion is to become a photographer. he is just a simple guy with simple dreams in life but for others, he's extravagant. 

 

everytime he passed by in the corridors, girls will start screaming for his name specially when he is with his best buds Yoseob,

Taemin and Kevin. this four guys are really the "CHIC MAGNET" of their school. these four guys are taking up photography and at

the same time, managing their family's own businesses. 

 

"Donghae, you've been very busy these days. do you still have time for our plan next week?" Yoseob asked patting his friend's back.

"If I can't make it, you know already why.." Donghae simply answered.

Taemin, Yoseob and Kevin sighed in unison. they've been observing Donghae from the moment he became so busy. He's still the same, the serious type yet humble guy but this time, you can see on his actions how tired he is already. he don't like to handle their business from the very start. he was just forced to do it because of his father and now, he's even more confused.

 

Last night, Donghae's sister called. 

"yobseo?"

"Donghae!" his sister said in shock.

"yahh!! what's wrong?" Donghae asked to his favorite sister.

"Donghae, mom and dad were talking about something and it's kinda gonna shock you.. I guess" she acquainted.

"what is it?" he asked confused. his sister is about to tell him when their mother grabbed the phone.

"Donghae, come here as soon as possible. let's talk this personally"

 

Donghae did act as what they've said.

 

+HOSPITAL

"Donghae... can you still handle the company?" Mrs. lee started and sipped on her tea.

"so far, I can still handle it, why?" asked Donghae seriously.

"great! how's your study?" his mother asked more questions and it made him more pissed. 

Donghae stood up angrily but stayed calm and asked "what do you really want?"

"Donghae, your father and I have decided to hand the company to a family who's been very close to us ever since." Mrs. Lee blurted it out slowly.

"well that's great! atleast I can concentrate now with my studies" 

"No, Dongahe! listen.. we'll just give you an assistant , well a partner to be exact" 

"okay.." simply said DOnghae and started to walk out when his mother elaborated everything.

"you're getting married!" she exclaimed. Donghae turned to his mother surprised.

"WHAT??" 

"yeah. a lifetime 'partner'" 

"no way!"

"yes way... the Doctor said that your father will die soon.." Mrs. lee trailed off. she's about to cry but she managed to stop her tears from falling to tell Donghae everything.

"the Doctor said that he only have few months left. Your sister is managing her own business already. If I will be the one to handle the company, I can't manage it on my own specially with my condition. Donghae, you're the last resort. your father trusts you so much. Photography can't help us. Please, just manage the company and get married with our friend's daughter" his mother pleaded.

Donghae is speechless. hearing that his father's gonna die, that he's the only last chance, that he must forget everything about photography and lastly, he's getting married. instead of answering his mother, he turned back and walked out of the scene.

 

weeks have passed and his father's condition is getting worse. Donghae's father called him personally.

"son. please come here..let's talk" 

Donghae went again to the hospital even though he knew what would be their topic.

he just sat down on his father's bed side and remained silent until his father woke up. complete silence covered the place for seconds.

"Donghae, I know it's really hard for you to accept things. You are a MAN now. I believe in you. No matter what your choice is, it's your choice. we're not gonna force you. Do what you think is right. don't mind me nor your mother. IT'S YOUR CHOICE" his father said to him, panting.

"I will do it...." he said and his father looked at his eyes. though he can't look at his father straight to his eyes, he continued

"I will do it.. for our family. but in one condition. LET ME CONTINUE PHOTOGRAPHY" Donghae bargained. 

"Donghae, I will wish for our family's happiness. If I will be gone, please take good care of everyone. but I hope, before I leave this place, I can see my grandchild" Donghae's father let out a joke and they just laughed on it.

 

-end of flashback-

Until now, Donghae's Dad is still not okay. 

just last night, he have met his fiance already.

"so, how does she look like?" Taemin asked.

"she's just okay, maybe you have seen her around this school" Donghae made a hint to his friends while reading a book. you can really see how unhappy he is.

"wow, she's from this school too? oh well of course she is, rich people study here." Kevin emphasized.

"April Lee" Donghae uttered uninterested. 

"APRIL??? the famous-smart-y-boy magnet BUT so hard to get? seriously?" Yoseob was shocked.

"haha, I've heard she really likes you since you stepped in this school" Taemin told them the campus' secret.

"WHAT?? seriously?" Yoseob asked again.

"yeah!"

"then, maybe she's the one who told her parents about this arranged marriage so she can marry me. huh! really smart girl" Donghae uttered in disgust. 

"ya-- Donghae, don't think too much." Taemin grinned.

"hey Taemin, do you want to marry her instead?" asked Donghae and everyone laughed.