four

Suddenly

"What happened Sungjong? Tell me," Myungsoo pleaded when Sungjong's silent sobs subsided.

"It's all your fault! You caused this!" Sungjong snapped; breaking away from the hug. And without letting Myungsoo say anymore, Sungjong dashed away from Myungsoo. Running to their small house.

 

When he got there, silence welcomed him; around this time, no one was normally home. His father was  always in the mansion. His mother on the other hand didn't work in the mansion, she worked in one of Mr Kim's prestigious hospitalsshe is a doctor. Being from a family of butlers didn't mean that they'd be just servant of the family they were serving forever. Sungjong's mother wasn't even from a low class family in the first place, what brought his parents together was love. They met in college. Sungjong's father graduated from college himself, along with Mr Kim, they went to the same schools since his father started serving the Kims.

Sungjong's father used to tell him that at one point he wanted to quit because he wanted to have a job outside the mansion. But, Mr Kim, almost begged him not to go anywhere and be by his side. Saying, he couldn't do anything without him- who would just dress him up when he's running late for his early classes, who would bring him food when he's hungry, who would he ask to cover for him when he did something mischievous? But, as Sungjong's father said, the one sentence that really made him want to stay was- who would be my friend?

During his younger years, Sungjong's father said that, Mr Kim and Myungsoo were the same in a lot of ways; it was like Myungsoo was the younger version of Mr Kim. They had the face, girls head over heels for them, and they had stoic auras surrounding them making it hard for them to create friends.

Sungjong started wondering if it'd be the same with Myungsoo, he had friends, his cousin Sunggyu, and well… Woohyun. He often visited Myungsoo in the mansion. Sungjong also wondered if he ever tell Myungsoo that he got sacked - will Myungsoo tell him all those things Mr Kim said to his father? Who would be my friend? He sighed. Sungjong wasn't the one who would cry easily; it was just Myungsoo had became so important part of his life. He felt awful.

He wanted to think more about his situation but when his stomach started growling he decided to go into the kitchen to rummage if there was any food he could take in. He might be feeling sad and miserable but he won't let himself starve to death, he's higher than that. He hasn't taken anything in yet since he woke up; he was starving.

Unfortunately, all was there for him was some eggs and vegetables. He didn't want to cook though so he expanded his search. Then he saw some fruit; oranges, apples and bananas. He decided that those would do. After eating, he felt sleepy again.

"So not having the Almighty Kim Myungsoo by your side; ordering you around can make you feel like a sloth eh?"  he smirked. He might actually come to like this arrangement. No Myungsoo nagging at him. Why did he even feel sad in the first place. He sighed. 

He wondered why was their house so warm? Sungjong was even one of those who liked sleeping with only a little piece of clothing covering them. But he wasn't able to do that for years because of his duty. Most of the time, no, more like all the time, he was at the mansion. He had his own room there; the room opposite to Myungsoo's. When he slept, most of the time he wore his working clothes because Myungsoo might decide to order him in ths middle of the night. In that room at the mansion, he barely had any personal belongings, so it didn't quite feel like it was his own room. He treated it like it was just meant for sleeping.

But, being in his own room now felt like he could do anything he wanted. Removing articles of clothing one after the other until he was left with his wifebeater (he always wore one under his uniform) and his boxer. He didn't want to think about anything anymore. So he decided to bring himself to sleep. "What is life," he murmured before succumbing to sleep.

The next thing he knew was the knock on the their front door. He wondered why his father, or was it his mother, was knocking, because they clearly knew that they don't lock the door anymore because there was the front gate in the mansion that'd protect their little house from bulgary (not that anyone would go there, if there was a mansion right there.)

He wanted to just shout that the door was open, but he went against the idea because it was his parents. Why would he shout at his parents? He stood up from the bed groggily. He went trudging to the door. He opened it with eyes closed mumbling, "Appa, you know the door is always open. We never lock it remember?" And after saying that, he trudged back to his room. Doing all this with half-lidded eyes.

He heard someone following him. "Appa we don't have food. What'll oemma say when she gets home?" he yawned and positioned himself back to his bed.

"What time is it," he mumbled.

"It's 5.30pm," a voice answered him.

Sungjong felt his heart skipping out of his chest when he heard the voice. It wasn't his father's, he knew. Then he remembered, he was almost wearing nothing, he grabbed his blanket immediately and covered his entire body, leaving his head uncovered. He closed his eyes tightly; he could recognise that voice in a noisy crowded place, he knew it off by heart. He hoped he sounded indifferent. "Why are you here?"

He slowly opened his eyes to confirm. He prayed he was dreaming. 

Just to make sure. 

He wasn't that surprise when he saw his face though because he knew already. But what really surprised him was those two big luggages by his bedroom door.


 

Mr. Kim and Mr. Lee - MY SHIP
FORGET ABOUT THE WIVES; GAY EVERYWHERE

ohgawd...
/laughs

 

//140605// not deleting that ^ bc gold