ten

Suddenly

"Why is our gardener of all people having afternoon tea with my wife?!"

Myungsoo shouldn't have been that surprised when he saw Sungyeol sitting comfortably in one of the chairs in the kitchen table and Sungjong sitting at the chair across him. Sungjong was a people person so everyone adored him, and with his pretty face and pretty personality who wouldn't like him? But, when he saw the two of them happily conversing and smiling like two children oblivious to the world's problems, this made him lose all this conscience and he just kind of, shouted for Sungyeol to "get the hell out!" Just like Sungjong's family, Sungyeol's family has always been serving the Kims for generation and when Myungsoo had shouted, something in him told him he shouldn't have done that but what was done was done, he argued to himself. Sungyeol, of course, tried to reason himself out because come on, what was wrong with having a tea with your life long friend?
 
And, when Sungyeol uttered 'Sungjong' Myungsoo once again glared at him because  Sungjong was his partner now so he should be called young master by everyone as well. Sungyeol said that it was Sungjong's request for him to not call him 'young master' or any sort near that title, because he wasn't use to it, and why would he let a friend call him that? Sungyeol's argument was futile and was sent out of the house after that.
 

 

Just then, when Sungyeol was out of the house that Myungsoo realised Sungjong hasn't said a word since he came in. For a brief moment, Myungsoo had a panic attack because oh my god what if Sungjong really hate me now? That was such a small matter and he made a big fuss over it. But when he saw a twitch, maybe a forming to a smile, on Sungjong's lips he kind of calmed down a bit, because whatever Sungjong do near to smiling, it always calmed him. But, when an obvious frown made its way to his face, he then again started panicking, and when Sungjong made his way to their shared room without making any eye contact or saying anything, he just stood there shocked. Wasn't he just about to smile awhile ago?
 
After thirty minutes of pacing in the kitchen, he then followed Sungjong inside. What surprised him, like, what really, really surprised him was that the pillow barricade between them was gone and they were neatly piled on the floor, and Sungjong was sitting on edge of the bed. He didn't dare to ask or even say anything because what if Sungjong was plotting something. But when Sungjong patted the space beside, without complaints Myungsoo sat down on the bed sheepishly. Myungsoo didn't do anything; neither did Sungjong. He started to wonder why he was being so submissive to the other when he could just ask questions if he wanted. Sungjong was a man who cared about his personal space, he even put the pillow barricade in between them so now that the barricade was down Myungsoo was confused.
 
 
He remembered that one time back in high school when one of Sungjong classmates tried to get too close to him and it was so obvious that Sungjong didn't particularly like it. He let it slide for a few days but when the guy cornered him in the toilet, he ended up with a broken nose. Thanks to the heavens though because he didn't get detention or any of that because the guy didn't make any complaints and he did admit that it was his fault and he even apologised. Since then, Myungsoo made a mental note to not bother Sungjong if he didn't want to be bothered.
 
 
Sungjong being like this just  scared Myungsoo, maybe a tiny bit, because Sungjong wouldn't do anything bad to him, right? What if Sungjong took those pillows off because he wanted a divorce? But what did Myungsoo do wrong? Was bolting out of the house like that enough for a person to file a divorce paper? But all the questions that was running inside Myungsoo's mind were cut off when Sungjong uttered his name.
 
"Myung," he started. Myungsoo let out a breathe that he hasn't had an idea that he was holding. He flail internally because ohmygod Sungjong is calling me by my name and is this a pet name?
 
"Aren't you going to ask any questions?" Sungjong chuckled nervously. Wait, what, nervously?
 
"Are you filing for a divorce? That's why you took the pillow barricade off and you're going to tell me to back to the mansion? Sungjong, I can't-" he said in out go and was stopped when he Sungjong stifling a laugh. Is divorce a thing to laugh about? 
 
"No Sungjong we've only been living-in for a day, please don't divorce me," he was now holding Sungjong by both of his arms and when Sungjong errupted into laughter Myungsoo shook him shouting "Ya, this is not funny!"
 
When Sungjong showed no sign of stopping, Myungsoo let him go and put his hands on his lap and stared at them. What is going on, seriously? A pout was now there as well. Sungjong stopped laughing eventually and he scooted closer to Myungsoo, making their arms to touch. The older didn't look up though, he was still staring at his hands as if they were  suddenly filled with wonders.
 
"Can I punch you real hard?" was the first thing Sungjong said after laughing so hard. Myungsoo was terrorised, why is Sungjong being like this? "Because you're so stupid," was what he added with a light flick on the forehead when he saw the terror on Myungsoo face.
 
Does being stupid deserve to punched? I'll do everything, just don't leave me.
 
"Firstly, I'm not breaking up with you and filing a divorce. And, secondly, the reason why I took the barricade off, you wanna know?" Sungjong hoped that that'd make Myungsoo look up and it did. When their gazes met, Sungjong made sure to hold it like that. "Because I made you upset a lot of times today," he said that in almost a whisper but he knew that Myungsoo heard him properly. His assumptions was just proven right when Myungsoo hugged him so tight to the point he almost couldn't breathe, but he didn't complain or moved away. Myungsoo because of excitement manage to put them in a lying position where Sungjong was beneath him and even patted his back in a soothing manner so Myungsoo hugged him tighter.
 
"When I wrote the rules, you seemed very upset to the point when you even went out and when you came home it just happened that Sungyeol was here," at the mention of the garderer's name Myungsoo's hug tightened and Sungjong kind of figured that Myungsoo didn't want to hear his name coming off his mouth. Sungjong wanted to keep the question to himself but it came out anyways, "You don't want me mentioning his name in front of you, do you?" he smiled softly, Myungsoo couldn't see. In responce to that, Myungsoo just nuzzled his face in the crook of Sungjong neck and by just that Sungjong knew the answer to his question.
 
While drawing invisible circles onto Myungsoo shirt, Sungjong continued, "And maybe the other reason for taking the barricade off was for us too, you know, to get closer. Because we don't have any other choice now do we?" he chuckled. When he didn't get any response he chuckled louder because he was just being all so deep-and-serious and Myungsoo just slept on him. Sungjong gave Myungsoo a light squeeze and squealed a "you're so cute!" but that little moment of adoring his husband was cut short when he felt a small peck on his cheek.
 
Myungsoo was giving him one of those adorably-so-cute eye smile and Sungjong couldn't take it so he had to look away, "So you think of me like that?" Myungsoo giggled in a not so manly way.
 
"We should sleep now," was all Sungjong could say to get himself out of the embarrassing situation he had put himself into. Well, he is indeed cute!
 
Myungsoo didn't plan to move away and Sungjong wasn't planning to shove him away either. Smiles were both on their faces because this was far the biggest step they had taken.
 
But when Myungsoo's stomach started to growl, he groaned remembering he hasn't eaten anything since he went out. Sungjong let out a soft chuckle and pushed Myungsoo softly until he was in a sitting position. That adorable pout that was too much for Sungjong's liking was back again. It was such a cute view though that Sungjong could even stare at it all day and night. He forced himself to get up though and walked to the kitchen. He let out a silent giggle when he heard Myungsoo muttering "if you didn't make any noise, we could have cuddled like that to sleep, stupid!" before hearing footsteps following him. Ah, definitely cute.
 
When Sungjong got to the kitchen he immediately approached the refrigerator to check what quick food he could make. But he stopped when he felt a presence just behind him and he looked back seeing Myungsoo with his arms crossed on his chest. "No, you won't even go near that stove ever again. I won't let you," and Sungjong face redden upon remembering the incident this morning. Sungjong was okay with the kitchen, it was just the sudden skinship that made all of his senses leave his body.
 
"But, I was just planning on making a sandwich."

"I'll do it," Sungjong almost scoffed because a young master who has everything done for him just told him he'd do a sandwich for himself. Sungjong feared what might be the consequences of him agreeing but he did anyway because Kim Myungsoo making something for himself sure was new.

Sungjong expected that worst -from a small cut on Myungsoo's finger to burning the entire house. But, those never happened because Myungsoo could make a sandwich, a delicious one in fact. It was so great to the point that Sungjong almost forgot he wasn't the one who was hungry and even took half of Myungsoo's portion after finishing his own. Myungsoo watched him happily because Sungjong was liking his food- the one he prepared and he mentally thanked those boring times he had while waiting for the maids to make him sandwiches. He would watch them with curious eyes, like what should they do first and such, and he was grateful to be able to remember the procedure because Sungjong is here enjoying something I prepared!  And, when Sungjong said, thank you for the food, he mentally patted his back and mentally wiped his inexistent tears because Sungjong enjoyed it and he's smiling at me. 

Myungsoo put the used dishes in the sink and he was even planning to clean them when Sungjong stopped him saying he could do those tomorrow and they should just go to bed. He almost insisted that he should do them now but when a Sungjong with sleepy eyes asking you to just go to bed, would you be able to resist? They got on the toilet first before going to the bed to brush their teeth, Myungsoo hesitated to get in with Sungjong at the same time at first but what was wrong with a married couple in a bathroom together? After that Myungsoo just went straight to bed, while shrugging off the jacket he was wearing earlier. He was not planning to change his jeans now because I can't do just now, we take out relationship step by step. But when he noticed Sungjong removing his jeans and his shirt only leaving him with a wifebeater and boxers, he gulped. Lee Sungjong, you don't do this to me, he whined in his head.

Sungjong just gave him a confused look before burrying himself into the blanket, which by the way, shared by them. "Good night Myungmyung," he murmured and Myungsoo's face went crimson because Sungjong only called him that when they were still younger.

"Night Jongie," he had managed to say back. And for a brief moment, he wondered if Sungjong was drunk because why was his guard so down today? When  he heard a light snore he almost squealed out loud because why did that sounded so cute? He peered at Sungjong and saw a forming dark bag under his eyes. Oh so he wasn't able to sleep last night? Did he even sleep last night? he asked to himself. He sighed, he thanked all the stars and the heavens for giving him someone who was perfect in the form of Lee Sungjong. What had he done in his past life to deserve all these, he wondered. He brushed off stray hair on Sungjong forehead and after that he brushed Sungjong's temple with his lips.

"Sweet dreams," he said before wrapping his arm protectively around Sungjong's waist.


//140606// so yeah the last update of this fic was like july 2013.. and i have plans for this fic  istg and i will continue and i promise to be a better writer ish thank u for reading so far omg and it's my summer holidays now yay