Chapter 8

Kpop Hunger Games

[At the SM District]

Onew is a mess. He has been for days. He wasn't that bad when Minho got chosen, but ever since he found out that Taemin is gone, it's like he has stopped breathing..

Whats SHINee without a rapper? Whats SHINee without a loveable maknae? SHINee cant be three members. It has to be five. It has always been five.

"I feel your pain. It will never be the same anymore" Key spoke, placing his hand on Onew's back for comfort.

"You're right. It will never be the same...." Onew muttered under his breath.

There was a long moment of silence. Until Jonghyun spoke. "What happened to Taemin anyway?"

"He ran. He got caught." Onew began. "What was he thinking! i should have--"

Onew was interrupted by the sound of the door slamming open.

Two peacemakers made their way in the room, stopping in front of the door way.

Onew, Jonghyun and Key nervously lay their eyes on them.

One of the peacemakers turned his head to face Onew. Onew could feel the connection between them, knowing that the peacemaker was about to speak to him.

"Don't let it happen again." with an emotionless face, the peacemaker remarked.

Clueless to what he was talking about, Onew nodded his head in agreement. Not knowing the reason for why he said that.

Onew was about to question about what the peacemaker was saying but before he could, they turned around. He could see that they were grabbing something from behind them. Onew closed his eyes tightly, thinking that the peacemakers are going to do something bad to him.

Next thing you know, they throw a human shaped object from behind them into the room, then left without a sound.

"Taemin!!" Key screamed.

Onew shot open his eyes as soon as he heard Key's cry. He glanced over to the floor seeing Jonghyun and Key crowding over something.

He moved in closer. And as he examined what was before his eyes, his whole body melted in shock.

Sitting on the ground in front of him, was none other then the maknae of SHINee, Taemin.

[Jessica's Point of view]

Twenty more hours.. Until i will be entering the hunger games.. Twenty more hours of this wonderful food. Twenty more hours to live...

I fluff my pillow and pounce on my bed. I haven't had a good sleep in ages, and i don't think that i will have a good one tonight. Not with all this fear stuck in my system.

I kept on thinking about the interview. Brave? A fighter? That's good right? So why do i feel like it was so bad? Why do i feel as if i had said the worst thing in the world? Why do i feel so miserable?

Somehow i managed to fall asleep.

When i woke up, i saw Hyori and Soo Hyun hovering over me.

"Today's the day." Hyori says.

I got up joyfully and smiled.

"Aww guys, you remembered?" i say with a smile.

"Of course we remember that today is the day for the Hunger Games" Soo Hyun says, with a bit of confusion.

Then it suddenly hit me.

"ah, get out of my room!" i yelled.

They didn't hesitate to leave, as i am kind of scary first thing in the morning.

I slammed myself back on the bed and began to cry. I thought they actually remembered? For once I thought they actually cared? But no! They forgot that today is my birthday. All they remember is the stupid Games! How silly that i actually thought they woke me up to wish me a happy birthday.

*

[Minho's point of view]

I hop into the shower. The warmth of the water relaxes, comforting me as i enjoy the last few moments i will ever have in the luxurious lifestyle. As soon as i'm dressed i linger down stairs and sit at the table to eat breakfast. Today they're serving pancakes and bacon, simple. I twitch my mouth and take a slow bite.

"This wasn't the exact going away breakfast i wanted.." I mumble to myself. Hyori hears me.

"What was that Minho?" she asks.

I shake my head and take another mouth-full. She stares at me for a while then finally takes a bite of her food. Jessica is silent the entire time. I look to her and give her a subtle nudge.

"You ok?" i ask her.

She shrugs. "I've been better.." She rolls her eyes and pouts.

I glance back at my plate and eat. One by one people leave the table, until me and Jessica are left as the only people in the room.

i finish my food. "I'll be leaving first ok?" i say to her.

"ok..." she whispers.

I notice her cheerless looks. "What's wrong Jessica?" i ask in a worried voice.

"Nothing..." she says.

"Is it the games? are you nervous?" i ask

"It's not that..." she exclaims

"Its ok to be nervous. I'm scared myself."

"I'm not scared!" she yells. "You, and the rest of these low-life's who know me didn't even remember that its my birthday today! and so far the only birthday present I'm getting is my ticket to hell; the hunger games!" she rages.

"Jessica.. I'm sorry, i didn't know." i stutter.

"Well you should have known!" She leaks a tear.

I got in to comfort her but she pushes me away.

"Please just go..."

Without hesitation, i do as she wishes and leaves.

*

[Jessica's point of view]

I am left alone. I feel as if i am glued to the table, like i cant move anywhere. Suddenly, Krystal comes in to pick up the dishes.

She acts as if i was another piece of furniture. She stacks a couple of plates, goes into the kitchen, and then come back out for more. She picks up my half eaten plate and heads for the door.

"I wasn't done," I say. She ignores me and continues to the kitchen.

After a few minutes or so, she comes back out with a plate full of delicious food, and places it in front of me.

"Happy Birthday Jessi, eat quickly." She whispers.

i dive into the food and eat as fast as i could. Krystal slowly walks away.

I hesitate before running over to her and giving her one last hug. She doesn't hug me back, just lets me wrap my bony arms around her waist.

"I'm going to miss you." i say, knowing that this will be the last time we see each other. Even if i did win, i still wouldn't be able to see her. She belongs to the Capitol now, which means i can have nothing to do with her. I'm not even meant to be talking to her now.

She pricks my fingers off her and whispers. "Eat.."

tears began forming in my eyes.

I watch as she walks away. I turn my head and say goodbye to Krystal forever.

~

Hours later, i am ready to go to the launch room. All my waiting and anticipating is finally over. Hyori and Soo Hyun comfort me as i wait to be launched up. I wave goodbye to them, and they retreat from the metal plate.

Soo Hyun whimpers out a "good luck". I nod and step on the plate.

Everything is silent as the metal plate begins to rise. I look down at the people who become smaller and smaller as i got higher.

"Bye." I whisper.

I am thinking of the people i will miss when my plate has reached the arena and i see all the other tributes.

Hyuna turns her head to me and aims an imaginary arrow at me. I try my best not to make eye contact with her. Save it for the games, Jessi.

 

I look the other way at Minho, he gives me a reassuring nod and looks to the arena. I do as well. The arena is humongous. I don't understand where the capitol can find such a big piece of land. They never revel to anyone the whereabouts of the arenas, and each year its a new place.

I take a running position as the speaker talks into the microphone.

"Ladies and Gentlemen let the 74th Hunger Games begin!" He yells.

I wait the allotted sixty seconds and then i am off.

--------------------

Cliff-hanger!!! ;)

I hope your excited for the next chapter! Cause i am! :D

Today is the 18th of April, and yes it is actually Jessica's birthday today. Happy Birthday to her! and thats why i decided to add in the birthday parts.

Now you guys know where Taemin is. So you Taemints out there don't have to be worrying anymore. xD

Anyways, i hope you like it! ^_^ Stay tuned for the next chapter which should be posted on the weekend! :D